Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Shall We Boycott the FotS Pre-Order Packages?

Default Re: Shall We Boycott the FotS Pre-Order Packages?

Guys, leeho has a good point. Don't preorder and just wait for the inevitable 50-75% Steam sale.
    Another Shogun2 Commentary

daelin4:
    Post edited. -Craig
    CraigTW:
    I don't like to reopen threads, but I honestly think there are some legit points in the original thread, which I'll reopen.

Quote Originally Posted by spicykorean View Post
    Guys, leeho has a good point. Don't preorder and just wait for the inevitable 50-75% Steam sale.
    This is exactly what I did with Shogun 2. I was really interested in getting it but all that DLC crap turned me off, so I just waited until everything was super cheap and got it all.

On internet boycotts:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Might as well go ahead and start a petition as well. Yeah, that'll definitely work.

Quote Originally Posted by Streltsy View Post
    On internet boycotts:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Might as well go ahead and start a petition as well. Yeah, that'll definitely work.
    The question is how many of those people never intended to boycott and joined the group just so that they could get a pic like that.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Now who are the whiners?

You were warned it would come to this if we just kept accepting these cheap money-making crap.

Since none of the factions in the pre-orders are particularly important players in the period, I don't think it's a big deal, kind of like the Hattori. If the preorder factions had been clans critical to the period then it would be disappointing. I'm sure the expansion will be great.

I'm still going to wait for the price to go down, not because I wouldn't like to pre-order but due to money constraints.
    Under the patronage of John I Tzimisces

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I think I will gonna wait while until they drop prices. 29,99e for FOTS campaing and 1 unlock faction..... :o So strange that Limited edition is not a pack, where you can get all, but NO! I have shogun 2 limited edition and that is still good game that i can play it until CA+SEGA decide drop prices.

Dont you guys know?! Your suppose to buy 3 copies

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

I didn't bought TWS2 for the lack of modding, I will not buy this crap also. Seriously, TW is going to be the CoD of strategy, that's a pity.

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

A boycott wouldnt work, despite how much some people may want it to.

Quite simply, im not going to pre-order this, its the only sensible way i can think of showing CA and SEGA that crap like this is taking it to far.
    Sure, some people have said "oh but there not important factions", well i remember when the first unit pack for ETW was announced, and the same people then were saying "yeah, but its only some units, its not like its a Faction or something". Its a bad precedence, and will only get worse!

We are reaping what we sown, so to speak, and now its come to this - 3 playable clans being pulled from the game before release (and i cant wait to hear CA deny anything has been pulled from main game again).

Basically, as said in the OP, i would have pre-ordered it (infact, i already did before they announced this 3 clan crap, but Play.com removed the listing and refunded my money) but now im not going to bother.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

I'm not into Shogun so it's not really a problem for me, but about "They already did that for NTW". Well, this argument doesn't stand. In NTW, they had a on bonus unit for pre-order. But units can be added easily in a mod.
    Here, the bonus is a whole faction, which to my knowledge cannot be added in mod (at least in NTW you can't).

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    Now who are the whiners?

You were warned it would come to this if we just kept accepting these cheap money-making crap.
    You're still the whiner fyi.

Also you weren't some prophet that warned people. Companies have done this since the beginning of DLC and pre-order bonuses. Get off that high horse and come down to planet earth where the rest of us live cause you're delusional, boy.

edit: again, giving you a reality check, NOT agreeing with pre-order exclusives/DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoelip View Post
    This is exactly what I did with Shogun 2. I was really interested in getting it but all that DLC crap turned me off, so I just waited until everything was super cheap and got it all.
    The only prob is, it's going to be around Christmas when you see 75% sale.

I'm a single player and I've got to catch up with etw and ntw so it's not a problem for me but can you wait?

Even worse, they may not release pre order bonus until much later... Remember imperial edition for NTW?

If you're into MP, then you'll need to keep playing from the beginning to catch up with other players in terms of stars and veteran units.

It's only going to be worthwhile to wait if you mainly SP.
    Last edited by leeho730; January 17, 2012 at 05:20 AM.

I don't disagree with pre-order bonuses in their entirety. In fact I kind of actually like pre-order bonuses. But ONLY when it is a single pre-order bonus when pre-ordering in general. I completely dislike multiple pre-order bonuses that are dependant on which retailer you pre-order from. Because it really doesn't have anything to do with us gamers.

Now if they release these extra clans as DLC further down along the line I won't mind so much. In a sale, I can grab 'em pretty cheap. However my worry is that they won't release them at all, just like the NTW pre-order bonuses. The NTW pre-order bonuses were only single units but now it's an 3 entire clans.

I won't be pre-ordering this time but not because of a boycott. I won't be pre-ordering because I have my own reasons.
    I may not be the sharpest tool in the box, but at least I'm in the box!

pajomife's Avatar Protector Domesticus

People with many money and few pride feed this new business model.Filling our HD with lots of useless MB and charge us to use it is outrageous,sadly many people branch CA/SEGA,and this still goes on.

Sir Winston Churchill's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I agree with everything, I personally will not be pre-ordering.

Sadly as others have said people will still continue to blindly trudge forward and pre-order whatever they want. It's a given freedom, but I still wonder why people cannot take a stand this one time and just wait to hand over your money on release day.

The lack of pre-orders might send a message to SEGA/CA that this type of practice is not accepted. It's not fair, it's low, it's vulture-like. The only reason they would do something like this is blatant, a money grab.

If people just keep taking the crap, next thing you know they'll be selling us the box for $40 and then more for the CD.

Links to any anti-developer or anti-publisher campaigns are not tolerated on these forums. Any such links will be removed and (most probably) the poster of the link banned.... Please be advised that any information uploaded or transmitted by visitors to Sega becomes the property of Sega. Sega reserves the right to... modify... or delete any of this information at any time and for any reason without notice.
    — CA trying to prevent dissent on their forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalminar View Post
    My statements are correct by virtue of me saying them. Additional proof is not required.

This is a SHAMFUR DISPRAY from Sega. Well I'm assuming that it is Sega at fault here anyway.

I think boycotting the preorder is an excellent idea and I intend to do exactly that. I also intend to buy the game - but it won't be the preorder with any of the 'bonus packs'. This cr@p happened when Deus Ex HR came out which had an equally convoluted bonus system. But at least there you actually had the option of buying the collectors edition with everything in it!

Total War & the CA is my last remaining hope for PC gaming after first Bioware, and then ID gave us all the middle finger. Skyrim was alright - but now even they are planning to start charging us for mods so I won't be buying another Bethesda game again.

Please for the love of jeebers Sega don't be so retarded!

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Rhino View Post

Please for the love of jeebers Sega don't be so retarded!
    I don`t expect any different. It`s just a business to them nothing else. They`ll only change if the wallet is hit.

But it seems to be going suicidally this way with many companies now. I predict a huge backlash one day, when everyone will get sick of it, THEN it`ll change as companies quickly go bust. It`s a circle thing and part of rampant unabridged capitalism.

They don`t really care about our views on a mere game. Just our money.

Ah well so much for the boycott guys. Fall of the Samurai has shot up to the number 1 spot on the Top Sellers list for Steam. People are pre-ordering like mad.
    Last edited by oldboyhammer; January 17, 2012 at 07:27 AM.
    I may not be the sharpest tool in the box, but at least I'm in the box!

If you don't like it, move on and find another franchise. It's not CA's fault (or at least I hope not), so don't blame them. Another great franchise ed by a gargantuan publisher with amoral money-lust.