Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: An Orc in Skyrim - A Skyrim AAR

Default Re: An Orc in Skyrim - A Skyrim AAR

very nice, I couldn't imagine your character being the head of the college to be honest and was glad that you turned down the offer. It fits with the nature of the AAR you've created.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menelik_I View Post
    obviously a Jewish Honeywell operation ... using a time machine invented in 1940 to know all future Far Right stars so Female Mossad Agents would bear their children and taint them for eternity.

8th of Sun's Dusk
    I left Windhelm and headed south toward Riften. I was a bit short on ingredients for potions so I headed to the Orc Stronghold near the city and decided to pick up some items to make potions. I did not really want to make more potions at this point but I knew that the wise woman would have many things. I was not disappointed. She had everything from Bees to Blisterwort. I was set for some time. Not to mention the flowers and other botanical ingredients I could gather on my way to Riften. It was a bright crisp day and after selling a few things to the local merchants in Windhelm and the stronghold I took the road south to Riften. Along the way very little happened and I spent the morning gathering different mountain flowers, mushrooms, and a few animal pelts.

I began the long climb out of the rift and headed up towards Shor's Stone. I had written earlier that the mine in this town had a bit of a spider problem. So I told the blacksmith of the town that I would go ahead and help him out with regards to it. I found some resist poison potions i had concocted from troll fat and garlic and prepared them for drinking. I had a feeling this could get up close and personal. I entered the mine and immediately spotted several spiders. I killed one with my bow and a well placed arrow to the beast's head. This got the others attention and soon my maces were dripping with spider guts. I got bit a few times but my potions staved off the worst of it but I still had to take a moment to heal and regain my stamina. I moved down into the mine even further and put down the last two spiders without them seeing me. I turned them into burning balls of arachnid death. The ore in this mine was the remarkable mineral known as Ebony. I had yet to forge this wonderful black metal but I was excited about the prospect. Unfortunately I could not take any with me as I was running out of room. I could not wait to get home to finally unload all of this extraneous gear.

The blacksmith gave me his money and I headed up the road to Riften. Unfortunately the road was blocked. Fort Greenwall which sat overlooking a vast open plain had been occupied by bandits. With all the tension in Skyrim the guards at Riften and the legion for that matter were busy doing other things and could not bother with bandits. But Grodash could. I smiled and began to plan my attack on this fort. I snuck around the base of the fort and found a minimally guarded entrance. However I was spotted by a very atuned sentry. I hid around a wall and soon they came after me. One by one I put them down in succession. Soon I had a pile of dead bandits and a secure exterior to the fort.

I proceeded inside and one by one I stalked its inhabitants. At one point I came upon a dungeon filled with spiders but through stealth and well placed arrows they all perished. I was getting very good at sneaking and lockpicking. These criminals were even more amateur than others I had found in Skyrim. However they did fight with great zeal and a few times I had to retreat and recover to return to the fight again.

I emerged from the fort feeling much better about the fact that the road south of Riften was secure again. I found a guard in a tower near the city and told him of my deed and he thanked me. Although he couldn't offer me a reward he seemed appreciative. By now it was after midnight and I was exhausted. I left the tower and headed to the city and found the old Inn of the Bee and Barb. The argonian bartender showed me to my room and I collapsed on the bed exhausted. In the morning I would head out towards Bruma and to my parents

sorry for the long delay. things were crazy at school so I have not had a chance to pick up my mace and battle hammer and sally forth. Expect regular updates again.

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

No worries man, really good aar. What leveling mod do you use?
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by Omar Nelson B. View Post
    No worries man, really good aar. What leveling mod do you use?
    I downloaded it at Nexus a long time ago. You can choose to level 50% slower/100% slower/200%. I chose the middle one. Seems to be pretty good. I like that I don't have to get rid of armor I like so soon. Thank you for following

9th of Sun's Dusk
    I woke up in the morning and proceeded to shake the sleep out of my bones and started with a big breakfast at the Bee and Barb and then proceeded to the different merchants to get potions and unload a bunch of miscleaneous gear. I had my map out at breakfast and a rather shady little argonian was telling me of an old smuggler trail into Cyradill from Skyrim. He said people stopped using it because the beasts had become quite aggressive and plentiful. Three smugglers in a month had perished at the hands of trolls, bears, and bandits. It sounded to me like the perfect route to go! With all those beasts running around the last thing I would have to worry about would be the legion guarding the route. Here in Riften the guards had become suspicious of my involvement with the whole Grola the Kind incident. As they had every right to.

I packed up my things and I headed out and immediately ran into two bears one after another. Fiersome creatures they came at me despite well placed arrows with poison tips. In a maelstrom of whirling hammers and maces I put them down but at a price. I had become quite ill after the first encounter and reckoned I had acquired bone break fever. I slammed a cure disease potion and pressed on.

I pressed on and stopped dead in my tracks when I saw not one, not two, but three trolls in one cave looking at a deer they had just killed. Grodash was brave but not stupid. He knew when he was outmatched. I snuck around the cave and moved on. I crossed a dragon burial mound and waiting for me on the other side was a thief. He must have had word somehow I was coming this way. Ill bet that damn argonian at the inn tipped him off. Regardless I paralyzed him and sent him reeling with an arrow when he charged me.

I pressed on and managed to fend off two more bears and find a burning ruin of a house. I had no idea what had transpired at that place but it could not have been good. There were no bodies but there was a chest with some valuables. Curious that had bandits done this why would they leave valuables behind?

I proceeded up a steep trail and eventually into a pass that was largely devoid of anything. Except for a Redguard woman on the same path as me and she was not friendly. Hurling fire at me I quickly closed the distance and pummeled her with my weapons until she was a broken heap on the ground. I had to climb over a few boulders but upon reaching the top I saw Bruma below. I smiled and my walk quickened. I was at the gate before I knew it and entered the city. One of the guards that I remembered walked up to me and asked me If I was Grodash and if my parents were Sigrid and Shelly. I looked at the guards faced and gambled that I was not in any trouble and answered yes. He told me to come with him.

I met up with the watch commander who led me to the south gate and instantly I was struck by a sense that something terrible had happened. There were other guards posted around the house my adoptive parents lived at. What was happening? The watch commander refused to answer questions until I got there. He finally told me the news that I never expected to hear and it was like being hit by a warhammer to the chest. My parents were dead.

Shocked I could not even ask how but the watch commander ushered a nearby guard toward me with his hand. The commander asked if my parents had any enemies that would like to see them dead. I said of course not. I asked how they died and the commander took a deep breath and told me they had been murdered in their sleep. Nothing had been stolen from our house save the lives of two incredibly caring parents who took in a very scared and vulnerable orc as a child.

Who would murder my parents and why? I demanded to know why the town guard had not seen anything or done anything. He said they saw no one but that someone must have wanted my parents dead and there was little they could do. I was puzzled by the lack of conviction of the keepers of the peace to pursue murders until they handed me a rolled up piece of paper. On the front was a black hand. It was just like the note I recieved after I killed Grola the Kind.

My mind was spinning. Like a puzzle it was all coming together in my mind. I flipped it over and there was but one sentence: "Now we are even". He tried to ask me what I had done to have the dark brotherhood kill my parents. He again asked if there was anyone that would have gone through with the black sacrament to kill my parents. I was numb, sad, and furious! It made sense. The death of Astrid at my hands had pushed the dark brotherhood to kill my family. They had been trying to kill me but had been unsuccessful. I now realized that they went after my parents because they could not get me. The head of the dark brotherhood was dead at my hands and my parents paid the ultimate price for my action.

I slammed the nearest guard to the ground and ran. The watch commander yelled stop and I ignored him. My legs were strong and I had an intense burning in my heart. I was filled with rage and my legs carried me like the wind. I was practically unaware of the arrows falling around me as the town guards continued to yell at me to stop. Soon I was out of range and the pursuing guards could not keep up. Grodash was furious and anything that stood in his way would feel his wraith. I ran all the way back to Riften where I had many stiff drinks and went to the room I had rented and cried myself to sleep.

10th of Sun's dusk
    I woke up with a pounding headache and decided to eat something to make it go away. I slept for a long time and upon waking began to think that everything that had happened the day before was just a bad dream. Of course I realized this was not the case and my dream was quite the reality. It hit me again, although not as hard this time. I was much more clear headed and decided that it was best if I thought this out a little bit instead of blundering along with blind rage. I had become a good hunter because I was patient, cautious, and methodical. I was good at ambushing my prey. Whether it was a beast or a man I had the ability to use stealth to get the job done. Besides I couldnt even properly get revenge on the dark brotherhood if I couldnt get into their hideouts. I knew where one was but I had no idea where the main hideout was. In the vast wilderness of Skyrim it could take a long time to find it.

I spoke to the smithy here in Riften and he helped me fashion a backpack to properly carry all my stuff. It took most of the morning but in the end I had a great backpack that I could use to go cross country with and organize my gear better. It also didnt feel restrictive or make loud noises which was a bonus. Satisfied I headed out. The journey to Markarth would be long and I did not want to completely exhaust myself. I decided to stay in Ivarstead tonight and then in Riverwood the next. I would avoid the large cities until I got to Markarth in order to minimize my exposure to the dark brotherhood. I planned on staying in Markarth and upgrading my gear. My armor was becoming a bit tattered and I was hoping to craft some new armor to replace what I had.

I moved quickly down the road and found the morning had brought rain. Also the elk and deer were out and the rain hampered their ability to detect me and I was able to kill three total and collect skins for later. I found a small cave and salted the skins and rolled them up. I would see if the innkeeper at Ivarstead would let me rack them there over night.

I ran into a nasty spider and an even nastier bear. The bear I snuck up on but the spider essentially made a beeline for me in which I sunk an arrow into its head. Two arrows after that it was dead. I pulled some frostbite venom out of its glands and stored it away in my pack. I took a few minutes to inspect the pack and realized it was quite water tight. The waterproofing oil I had rubbed into the leather was working. However the smithy suggested I re apply it each night for a month to make sure that it was absolutely saturated. Then once a week after that.

I was able to gather a variety of mushrooms and flowers along the way that I would be able to mixup later into potions. I continued towards Ivarstead when I heard a commotion up ahead. I crouched down and saw a farmer that had been slain by wolves. I was a minute too late from saving the man. I drew my arrow onto my bow and sent it flying into the flesh of the wolf. Its fur catching fire and dying a rather crispy death.

Satisfied I moved on and eventually came to Ivarstead. The small town made me smile as I knew I would have a good nights rest. The innkeeper was quite happy to have me there and he seemed willing to allow me to dry my skins inside if I wanted because of the rain. However he asked if I would investigate that Barrow that still haunted the town. I swear sometimes people are extortionists. I agreed. In the morning I would go look at this haunted barrow. However for now I was craving a drink, some food, and some lively music by a fire to warm myself after running in the rain all day

11th of Sun's Dusk
    I woke up to the sound of pouring rain and I realized it was a good day to be crawling through a barrow instead of the open road. After being soaked yesterday I was more than happy to spend some time underground. My skins were also drying nicely inside the inn. With the heat from the fire and overall warmth it certainly made it easier. However the locals that came in did complain a bit. Hopefully when I dealt with this "ghost" of theirs they wouldn't mind some extra skins drying in the inn.

I stepped out into the rain and walked to the Barrow which was essentially part of the town. I descended down a spiral set of stairs and immediately was greeted by the ghost. He told me to leave. Of course I wasn't going to do that. I went into an adjacent room and unlocked the gate to whence the ghost was behind. He charged after me and I pulled out my mace and hammer and went to town. Certainly felt more flesh and blood then ghost. And when this usurper of the dead was in fact dead himself his true form was revealed. He was just a man. I found his journal and it essentially went on about how he devised a scheme to keep the townsfolk away so that he could find some treasure. Since he wouldn't be needing it I borrowed Wendelius's alchemy lab to whip up some potions.

I took the journal with me and showed the Innkeeper and he could not believe it. He repaid me with a saphire claw that would yield several hundred septims but having discovered a door inside that I had seen before I knew that this claw is what Wendelius was looking for. I smiled and headed back into the tomb.

I came to the great door and put the symbols in order and opened the door with the claw. Cold dead air came out of the room beyond and I knew that meant I would be fighting draugrs. It didnt take long before I was smashing the undead with my weapons and putting them down. One room had four of these undead and two of them were quite tough. One used a jet of cold and the other tried to attack me from behind. Both of them fell before my weapons.

I came to a room that was full of skeletons and I realized they were sitting on flammable oil. Above them were burning clay pots. This was too easy. I shot one of the burning pots and it fell to the floor and ignited the oil. The skeletons were blown apart by the eruption of fire. A very impressive burst of flames I might say.

I pressed further and found myself again being attacked from front and back by draugr. One of them left a nasty gouge on my shoulder but my backpack absorbed most of the second strike. I put both of them down and inspected my wounds. I stuffed some cloth in the wound with some salt and vowed to have it taken care of when I got back. One of them dropped a key that allowed me to gain entry to even deeper parts of the barrow.

I came upon a room with a puzzle to solve and once I got passed it a rather tough draugr was waiting. However I sent a surprise arrow its way and it seemed simply annoyed. This was going to be tough. It immediately summoned a frost auronauch and I put all my attention on the caster. For without the caster to sustain it, it would be flung back to the plains of oblivion. Finally i put the druagr down and sure enough the frost auranauch disappeared and it was peaceful again.

After navigating through some traps, including a pedestal that had a gold ingot on it that caused a fire trap to be opened when I grabbed it, I finally came to a large room full of coffins. I could already tell that at the end of these coffins some powerful draugr would waken from its slumber and try to make me join the dead. I had no intention of letting that happen.

Once inside the gate behind me slammed shut and now I had to put down close to 12 undead that kept springing up each time I would put one down. I turned these foes into pincushions and occasionally sent them flying into pieces with good placement of my arrows. My arrows flew true and hit the undead on the far side of the hall some 100 feet or more from me. Not until the leader awoke did I have to brandish my mace and hammer. Even then the creature went down fairly easily. It was now just a pile of charred remains on the floor.

I went to the next room and found another wall with the strange writing. And again it seemed to speak to me. I was learning things from these walls but had no idea what I was supposed to do with this knowledge. I moved on and collected some treasure and made my way out of the Barrow.

It was mid afternoon and I decided I could make it to Riverrun by night fall and stay at the inn there before pressing on. I decided I might as well help that shop owner get his claw back. Of course if I found it I might just use it to get treasure and then give it back to him. Either way he would unlikely care. I could also talk to the blacksmith and see if he had more arrows as mine were running low.

My journey was pretty uneventful until a troll somehow spotted me and came down to attack me. I dodged his attacks but managed to connect with my own. Soon the creature was reeling from my attacks and I didnt give it time to recover. With its hide smoldering and blood everywhere the beast finally collapsed under my relentless attack.

I pressed on and bagged a deer before finally killing a bandit that tried to rob me while coming over the pass toward Helgen. What a fool thinking he could rob Grodash. It would be his last mistake.

I made it to River run right at night fall and spoke to the innkeeper. He gave me a room and I was anxious to get some rest. The owner of the inn Delphine took a look at my shoulder and asked what I had gotten myself into. I told her the story of the Barrow and she seemed fairly impressed. She sutured up my laceration and I ordered a few beers to dull the pain. After the beer and some good food I was ready for a good nights sleep.

12th of Sun's Dusk
    I woke up and my wound on my shoulder was sore but it showed no sign of infection. I ate a hearty breakfast from Orgnar and prepped myself to the journey up to Bleak Falls Barrow. Some of the townsfolk had told me that it was haunted and that the bandits that were hiding there were crazy to do so. Bandits or not I had a claw to find.

I crossed the bridge that led to whiterun but instead of following that road I took a left and followed the mountain trail up to the barrow. Soon it was covered in snow and ahead I saw a frost troll. Nasty creatures these were. I prepped some healing and stamina potions on my belt and covered all my weapons in poison. The deathbell and river betty toxin mixture was particularly strong and its foul odors caught my nose as I put a good layer on my weapons.

I sunk an arrow into its flesh and then a second. It closed the distance and I pulled out my mace and hammer. It whirled its big arm at me and I managed to dodge the attack. I laid into it staggering it and it howled in pain as my mace bit into its flesh. That was followed by my battle hammer and soon its hair was on fire. The beast tried to renew its attack but I knocked the wind out of it with my mace and then followed that up with a finishing hit to the head by my elven hammer. Soon it was dead.

I moved on to a small redoubt that must have been an old guard tower. I took the bandits out from a great distance. One of them charged me but he too died. I also took out the captain at the top of the tower without incident. Maybe it was the cold but these bandits were quite pathetic. The next group would not be.

I came upon the main structure of the barrow. A great many stairs leading to a temple like structure that had a great visibility of the surrounding landscape. This was not good for me. Indeed I could not get a good shot at any of the guards and when I tried for one it missed only alerting them. I braced myself and met them head on. My elven metal cutting them to ribbons as they awkwardly tried to take me down as a team. Uncoordinated they fell one by one to my weapons. Six bandits lay dead in the snow. I was sure more would be inside.

Inside the large building were two bandits on the far side that were standing by a fire murmoring about various things. I had a profile shot of the woman bandit and carefully notched an arrow and aimed for her head. If it connected she would be dead but if it missed my location would be known. I risked it and it paid off. The arrow connected with her temple and she went flying into a trunk nearby. The other bandit desperately pulled out his weapon and charged my position. However in the shadow I had the advantage. I saw him up close before he saw me. I sent an arrow into his chest from 15 feet away. The impact sending him backward some 10 feet.

I collected what loot I could and descended into the crypt. I looted some burial urns and found some other things. Soon I was battling with a bit of a tougher bandit. I snuck up on him and hit him in the back with an arrow but he was able to recover and charge me. Now I was toe to toe with the grizzled veteran and It took some skill to put him down. Although he was handicapped by an arrow to the back so that probably didn't help his fighting prowess too much.

After solving a puzzle I moved on and put down a few Skeevers and then heard a man crying for help. Upon entering the room a large spider dropped down and began to attack me. It was wounded but still fought fairly effectively. Soon it was dead and I took some antidote potion that I had made and felt better.

The man was stuck in the spider web and when he got down he tried to flee. I raced forward and struck him in the chest with my mace cracking ribs and tearing flesh all at the same time. On his body was some succulent flesh and the claw I was looking for. I pressed on and found that the undead were everywhere in here. I began putting draugrs down left and right. Some with my bow and others with my melee weapons. It was an unbalanced fight in my favor. Their tired bones giving way to my heavy metal weapons. Snapping bones became as common a sound as footsteps in a marketplace.

On an overlook to a waterfall far below another frost troll blocked my path. I caught him by surprise by slamming my weapons into his flesh causing him to reel backwards. He was offbalance and one more series of hits caused him to pitch off the cliff and land with a crunch on the rocks below. This time Grodash didn't have to administer the death blow....gravity did.

A final room before the depths of this crypt and particularly strong draugr blocked my way. I treated him the same as the others. Wounding it with an arrow and then whirling into it with my blunt weapons. Bones snapped and skin burned. Soon it was dead again.

I pressed on and found a swinging axe trap that I had to time just right to get through. I did but as I did the room I entered became alive with draugr. The lid on the crypt to my left sprung open and one popped out. Just as quickly I popped an arrow into it sending it back to its slumber with the dead.

Another saw me and I shot down one of the oil lamps above it and it eruped into flames. I added final insult by sinking an arrow into its body sending it careening backwards.

Alas I came upon a door that the claw would open. I set the right combination of symbols and in a great popping the door sank into the ground opening the way for me to go forward. Some bats flew around the cave that I had disturbed and I had a general feeling there was a powerful being in this room. On the far side was a coffin and one of the many word walls I had seen in other ruins. And I cant remember one of these walls being undefended.

After inspecting the wall one of the words seem to come to me like the others had and I realized it was another piece of a puzzle I had yet to understand. However I did not have time to comtemplate things. The coffin erupted behind me and an impressive undead specimen challenged me. Challenge accepted. I whirled into it with enthusiasm. It shouted at me causing me to stagger backwards. Instead of pressing its attack it stood there for a moment. Long enough for Grodash to overwhelm it with heavy metal objects. On fire and smashed to bits it fell to one knee and I crushed in its head with one final blow. I took some worthwhile objects and left the tomb.

When I came outside it was dark. Judging by the stars it was about two hours after sunset. I worked my way back to Riverrun without incident. I arrived at the Sleeping Giant Inn and passed out in my bed.

13th of Sun's Dusk

I awoke an hour after first light and had a good breakfast with Delphine. She invited me to come by anytime. I thought that was nice of her. I headed down to the Riverrun Trader and gave the claw back to Lucien and he was quite ecstatic. I did tell him about my adventure with the claw and he seemed pretty impressed. I bought some arrows from him and sold him some potions and I was off to Markarth.

I followed the main road along the river and it was a spectacularly nice morning. The chill was wearing off and the sun was getting higher when I ran across a rather nasty little fight. Only thing was that it had already happened. Two Thalmor soldiers had been slain by a troll. Typically the Thalmor travel with a mage but he was no where to be seen. I continued my journey and was attacked by a skeleton near some burial mounds off the side of the road. I easily smashed it to bits.

I made the descent to the plains of Whiterun and realized how much I missed hunting. I remember the days of hunting and bringing back the meats to the stronghold.

On the road to Markarth I was attacked by Thalmor soldiers and their mage. Perhaps they thought I had killed the other soldiers? I wasnt sure but they regretted crossing me. I carefully kept the soldiers between myself and the mage who could not attack for fear of hitting his own men. I could see the frustration as he waited to take a few shots but held back.

Finally the two soldiers were dead and I hid behind a tree to catch my breath and take some shock resistance potions. He was moving at the tree and I ran across him zig zagging until I closed the distance. The storm auranauch that he conjured managed to hit me with a lightning bolt and it made my whole body tingle. I was able to pin the mage against a fallen tree and turn his flesh into pulverized pulp.

I took a few minutes to consume some flesh of my fallen enemies and then cleaned off my weapons. I continued towards Markarth only to find a spriggan blocking my way while I gathered rock warbler eggs. She had been busy and had killed a hunter that was apparently unaware of her presence. Also several wolves were dead. I gathered what I could and swung down the road that went past the stronghold but gave it a wide berth.

I finally arrived at Markarth just before dark and started tanning alot of leather and crafted some armor to try and get my skills up in smithing. Ghorza reccomended I get some training with old Greymane up at the skyforge in Whiterun. I told her I would look into it. She told me that my skill had surpassed her own and that I needed a better trainer. Still I had every intention of upgrading my armor in the morning. I also needed to fletch some arrows and likely would upgrade my bow and weapons.

sorry for the lack of comments i've not been very active lately, rest assured i have just read these updates and i have to say there are some very nice screenshots here
    obviously a Jewish Honeywell operation ... using a time machine invented in 1940 to know all future Far Right stars so Female Mossad Agents would bear their children and taint them for eternity.

14th of Sun's Dusk

It was before dawn when I woke up at the Silver Blood Inn. Klempr the innkeeper had kept my belongings for me in my absence and I paid him one nights stay for all the days I had been gone. He was quite happy to get all that coin and I had enough to go around. I went to chop up some firewood that I would later turn into arrows and then headed to the forge to deal with my tattered armor. Instead of upgrading my existing armor I chose to start from scratch. I had alot of leather to work with and crafted some fine scaled armor.

Ghorza wondered up to the forge an hour or so after daylight and saw what I had made and was quite impressed. Light and yet protective. I had a good feel for how it should lay on my body. I added the layers of steel scales to buffer myself against attacks by cutting weapons and added significant padding to protect against blunt weapons. Overall it was a fine piece of armor and it was far better than what I had been wearing.

I also took some time to work on my enchanting skill and alchemy. Both of which were steadily improving. I was mixing different ingredients and making existing potions stronger. Through experimenting I destroyed about 20 petty and lesser soul gems and wound up with a better understanding of how to enchant items. I also picked up a few new ones.

I remembered that the Blacksmith Mosh up at Understone Keep wanted a daedra heart for a weapon for the Jarl. I found him at work even this early in the morning. I handed the daedra heart to me and to my surprise he handed me a bow. This bow had been crafted with daedric blood as well. It made the bow feel different. Light but incredibly strong. I asked him how to make it and he only grunted saying that he didnt want to go there when it came to making things from daedric flesh. He said it can be dangerous and unpredictable. Not to mention that you wind up destroying more things then you can create. Nonetheless this bow was simply amazing and I could not wait to go out and give it a try.

I went and saw the Jarl and asked how I had been. I neglected to tell him of what happened to my parents. However I did ask if he had any work for me. It turned out he did. The forsworn had captured his father's shield a long time ago and he wanted it back. Problem was that most sellswords could not get the job done and they either ran away or perished. He asked if I was up for it. I of course said yes.

I gathered some more supplies and loaded my pack with what I would need for the journey to Dragonbridge. It was a pretty good trip from my location so It would take the bulk of the day unless I got waylaid. And in skyrim it was always possible to get waylaid. I turned north on the road that followed the river that ran through the reach. It was a very pleasant day. A light mist clung to the valley as I found a comfortable pace. I past Karthwastern and remembered that there was a cottage in the town that had become available and I might check it out sometime. I crossed the river and headed for the road that would take me to Dragon Bridge. I found several deer grazing on a hill side and carefully snuck up on them. I tested my new bow and it seemed as if the very wood of the bow was helping to draw the string. It was a strange sensation but the bow felt incredible light and yet when the arrow left it felt quite powerful. it moved with a speed I had never felt and it sent the elk flying down the hillside. I was in awe at what had happened. I looked at the bow in amazement and slowly smiled to myself.

I moved on and came upon dragon bridge just before dark having spent some time near the river gathering up some useful ingredients for potions. I found Commander Maro and told him about how Astrid had kidnapped me and instead of killing one of her other prisoners I killed her. I also proceeded to tell him how they had hunted me and how they eventually took my parents. It took alot of composure not to cry and the commander seemed to sense my pain. He told me that they had learned the pass phrase to enter their main sanctuary near Falkreath. He told me that I was the one to do the job as I had the most contact of anyone in skyrim with their methods and motives. He wished me luck and told me that I needed to plan carefully as I would likely only get one shot at this. I understood and went on my way. I got a room at the fourshields inn and thought about what I needed to do to singlehandedly take down a group of people like the dark brotherhood.

15th of Sun's Dusk

I awoke around three in the morninng unable to sleep. I was thinking about something that had happened a few months back. When I went to see Chief Laruk at his stronghold I happened upon some ruins that seemed just like a bunch of bandits had taken it over. Well this place was home to a very powerful dragon priest called Volsung. I had tried to defeat him after clearing out the bandits and draugr and spiders but ultimately his incredible power overwhelmed me and I had to flee in shame. I was better armed now and had a much better set of armor. Not to mention my skills in battle were better along with more powerful potions.

The ruins were not too far and I figured I would investigate. I packed my things and left a little extra with the Innkeeper and headed off to finish what I had started. I was determined to tidy up things and besides it would help me be a better fighter when it came to taking care of the dark brotherhood.

I traveled the road outside of solitude and was ambushed by a massive snow bear. It took alot of focus to handle this guy. I was working as hard as I could to avoid his attacks but he did hit me a few times. Fortunately the armor held up and the frostbite venom on my weapons hurt him enough that finally he succumbed to his wounds.

Having dispatched the bear I focused on getting to the ruins. I reached them just before dawn. The outside of the ruins were abandoned essentially but bandits had reoccupied the site. I worked my way inside and overheard conversation about how the bandit group was trying to pick a lock to get at a secret door. They were walking toward me and I knew they would spot me soon. I notched an arrow and let it fly towards the furthest bandit. The arrow went right into his mouth as he was talking and he was dead instantly. The second bandit let out a scream as she was terribly surprised. She pulled out her sword, but it was too late. I had notched another arrow and this one took her in the chest sending her skidding down the hallway.

A little ways further and another bandit was standing alone near a fire pit and I sent an arrow right into his head just under the helm. He flew back and was likely dead before he hit the ground

I came upon two bandits trying to open a locked cage with a lever inside. Both of their backs were too me. The orc that was yelling at the one trying to pick the lock was my first target. I sent an arrow right between his shoulder blades sending him flying into the bandit trying to pic the lock. The bandit was knocked down in the process and I retreated till he couldn't find me. I re-entered the room and then sent an arrow right into his chest sending him flying from the impact.

The bow was working magnificently. What would take two shots to take down now only took one. I picked the lock and looted some stuff and snuck further until I heard a commotion. Two more bandits had killed a draugr. They left the room having talked about how the place gave them the creeps and every sound set them on edge. I caught up to them and had a fierce melee with my maces putting them down quite quickly.

I had a fierce battle with a strong druagr that swung back and forth until finally he succumbed just as he summoned a frost atronauch from the plane of oblivion. Fortunately he died and his minion was banished. I had been battered in the fight and had to do a quick repair on my armor. Having done that i pressed on.

I worked my way through a series of dungeons. Each had draugr. This was unusual because I had cleared out this tomb. I suppose with Volsung still alive his minions would also stay alive. The only solution was to kill the master. With each step I was getting closer. The draugr were tough but not smart and I put them down one after another. Even when double teamed I still won out.

Finally I came to a series of tunnels that were infested with spiders. I easily dispatched them. My arrows causing their insect juices to come flying out of their bodies upon impact. It was pretty disgusting but also quite impressive. I retrieved a significant amount of frostbite venom and moved on.

I remember I was close to where i had an epic battle with a draugr deathlord that nearly killed me and I used all my potions. I put down two more draugr and then dealt with the death lord. I was stronger but still had to heal myself after the battle sending my enemy back to the abyss. I now prepared myself for the final battle. I steeled my nerves as I climbed the steps to the resting place of Volsung. I pulled out my maces and he spotted me. I was able corner him against the wall and prevented him from using his magic. My orc blood took over and I felt little pain or fatigue. With great strength I pummeled the ancient dragon priest with phenomenal power. Soon its battered body lay at my feet and I took the mask off and packed it into my bag. I had a sense of accomplishment and a sense of confidence. I was ready to face the dark brotherhood.

On my way back to solitude I was attacked by two Ice Wraiths. Fearsome creatures I saw them coiming and took a resistance to frost potion and placed a weakness to fire potion on my weapons. I had no time to use my bow. I readied my maces. But to my surprise three bandits showed up and tried to fight me and the ice wraiths. The fools were going to get us all killed. But i was able to kill the wraith in front of me and the second wraith killed the bandits. I then killed the second wraith completing this little scene of death and mayhem.

I finally made it to solitude late at night and that massive comfortable bed in the winking skeever never looked better.

a sweet a dragon mask!!!! My girlfriend foudn herself one of those. It's a sad fact of life that she plays more Skyrim than I do.

16th of Sun's Dusk

I slept in till midday. Exhausted after my ordeal the day before I apparently needed it. I went and saw Falk Firebeard as he had sent me a letter and since I was in Solitude I wanted to see what he required of me. It was strange waking up so late but I was fine with it.

I arrived at the palace and he was visibly relieved to see me. He told me that events in Wolfskull Cave although interrupted had now simply moved to another place. I remembered this place. Wolfskull cave was where necromancers tried to raise the Wolf Queen Potema from her death. I didnt know much about her but everyone here feared should she be restored in the flesh it could spell doom. Falk Firebeard wanted me to talk to Styrr in the Hall of the Dead to get further information.

This man named Styrr, a priest of Arkay, was quite knowledgeable on the subject of Potema. He told me that about 500 years before she was in line to become empress but was outmaneuvered and despite her machinations she was denied. He went on to explain that she nearly caused the collapse of the empire and that should she return she would be the sole member of the Septim line and have a legitimate claim to the throne of Tamriel. Basically her resurrection had to be stopped.

He told me that she had found refuge in the catacombs below the Temple of the Divines. That a hole had been found and the gates to the Catacombs locked to keep the undead from coming out from below the temple. I realized i could be in for quite the battle and headed over to the various merchants and sold various items and traded more arrows. I mixed up some potions furthering my knowledge of alchemical ingredients. I then headed to the temple of the Divines and descended into the catacombs through the hole in the wall.

immediately I ran into a vampire along with a draugr that were both powerful enough to nearly overwhelm me. A third enemy showed up but was too late to help. By the time it was over three previously undead organisms were undead again.

I kept moving deeper and deeper into the realm of Potema. Another vampire was waiting along with more draugr. All felt the impact of my bow. Together with poisons or coated with a substance that weakened them to fire it was a deadly combination. Having eliminated almost all of the undead I finally came face to face with a deathlord. He carried an ebony shield and an ebony sword. A young vampire was with him but I put him down with a shot from my bow. The deathlord charged me and I hammered him relentlessly. He blocked my attacks and smashed me with his shield between my assaults. It was a brutal fight that went back and forth. He nearly took my head off with one of his swings but i ducked down just quick enough. His momentum carrying him past me and I swung up with my hammer and took him in the jaw sending his body flying backwards. The fight was over but I still had battles ahead.

Potema would occasionally talk to me during my journey and she was quite impressed with my skills. She wanted me to join her after I was dead as I would make a valuable asset. I pressed on and found a room full of bodies. Several of them came to life and began to fight me. I put them down fairly easily but then I came to her inner council of fighters. It seemed like I fought so many of these guys over and over again Finally another deathlord came after me but I stayed hidden and slowly put him down arrow by arrow, hiding between my carefully placed shots. These death lords had a shout which disarmed me and i wanted to avoid a direct confrontation when possible. Finally they were all dead and Potema's spirit rose up from her throne and came at me.

Wielding a sword and electricity she laid into me with her shock attack. It burned but I took a potion made from void salts and glow mushrooms. It worked quite well. The fire burned her and my mace tore into her ethereal body. Soon she had perished and all that was left was some ectoplasm and her skull. I picked it up and found my way out after picking up some valuable items including various potions. I came out into the crisp cold night air and realized it was quite late. I made my way back to Solitude and prepared myself to hand over the skull back to the Styrr, the priest of Arkay.

I sat down at a table and drank some ale and thought about how close the city of Solitude had come to destruction had I not intervened when I did. However looking around the people here did not have a care in the world other then their own lives. I decided that it was Grodash's job to keep things that way. I smiled to myself, chugged the rest of the ale and felt sleep overcome me as I quickly found my bed

17th of Sun's Dusk
    I awoke and it was already mid day. The air was quiet and unusually warm. The town of solitude was already abuzz with people shopping and working. I worked my way to the hall of the dead and gave the bones of Potema to him. I then headed to the Blue Palace to let Falk Firebeard know that i had recovered Potema's remains and had given them back to Styrr. He was most grateful and gave me a nice shield and some gold for my efforts. He told me that I should talk to Jarl Elisif the Fair as she wanted my services. I approached her and she told me that King Torryg had a warhorn that should be at a Talos shrine but that according to the peace treaty with the elves that was impossible. She asked that if I came across a shrine of Talos I should leave the horn there to honor his memory. I nodded and took the horn and told her that I would do it.

I left the palace and stocked up on some supplies before preparing my trip to Rorikstead for the night. I figured instead of being exhausted when arriving at the underground lair of the Dark Brotherhood that being as alert as possible would suit my interest. I moved quickly so that I might arrive in Rorikstead by nightfall.

I struck out on the road and began my long journey. I passed through Dragonbridge and collected some flowers along the road for some future potions. I ran across the bridge and followed the river. I found some deer on the road and put one down with my bow. I was getting quite good with my bow and realized I could hit targets I could never before. However it was a slow process. Becoming a master of anything, except getting yourself killed, was hard work. I fortunately ran into many enemies that did not have my skill level.

Before I got to Rorikstead I witnessed in the distance some bandits foolishly antagonizing mammoths and giants. These bandits were certainly masters of getting themselves killed. Mere flies to the giants and mammoths the bandits were pulverized.

I arrived in Rorikstead an hour or so before dark and made my way to the Frostfruit in. Here I ordered a drink and young man named Erik began to talk to me about how he wanted to become an adventurer. I told him it was a dangerous life and you spent alot of nights alone. This didnt deter him. However not affording armor did and he asked me to talk to his father about acquiring some armor.

Grodash felt like doing a good deed so I talked to his father the innkeeper and he told me that indeed it was true about his son. I handed him 400 septims and told him to buy the best armor possible. I told him to go to War Maiden's in Whiterun. I smiled to myself and finished my ale. I then bought a room for the night and had some trouble sleeping. I kept wondering what tomorrow would bring. I kept wondering about my ongoing conflict with the Dark Brotherhood and if it would truly be over tomorrow. I finally did go to sleep but not before having terrible dreams about reliving what happened to my parents in Bruma.