Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: An Orc in Skyrim - A Skyrim AAR

Default An Orc in Skyrim - A Skyrim AAR

I have written other AARs on this site and have recieved very good feedback. I thought I might post an AAR about my current obsession: Skyrim.

First some quick rules. I have a mod that lengthens the time it takes to gain skills by 100%. Second I cannot buy weapons/armor/ingots/leather/leather strips or any other crafting material. I can buy animal skins and ore if it is available. I will have to make everything I use unless it is a quest reward. I am also playing on Expert difficulty. I will start out at Helgen like everyone else. But that is where the similarities end.
    Current Mods:
    Vanguard Armor
    Smeltdown
    Hvergelmir's armor retexture
    hvergelmir's shield retexture
    Better Bandits
    Hardcore restore potions
    Elvenwood
    Bandolier bags and pouches
    dungeon quest awareness
    more smelters
    realistic maps + roads
    Saber gear backpack
    Saber cat gear
    Clanking armor
    Warchief armor
    duel-combat realism
    Dance of Death - 3.0
    more poison doses
    alchemy balance
    weapon variant expression
    lighter leather
    wear circlets with hoods
    The hunter's life
    enhanced Gauldur amulet
    Scout armor and capes
    Voidcraft Armory
    master hunter's bow
    craftable armored circlets
    Owned inn chests
    slower stamina drain
    unique items can be leveled
    Complete weight overhaul
    amazing follower tweaks
    Sounds of skyrim - The wilds
    Followers can relax
    Better Forsworn
    akavari armor
    viking chainmail
    dogs to german shepards
    ironbound dragon armor replacer
    faster walking
    Winter is Coming
    Camping lite
    Frostfall
    Enhanced Blood textures
    Cloaks of Skyrim
    Morrowind armor
    Imps more complex needs

*If you have any questions about these mods don't hesitate to ask!

So without further delay here is the story of Grodash the orc:

Default Re: Life In The Stronghold - A Skyrim AAR

An Orc In Skyrim
    The Story of Grodash

15th of Last Seed

My adopted father Sigrid and I headed out from Bruma toward Skyrim to the north. My true father is not known since I was adopted by my Nord parents. I was very young when bandits attacked the stronghold that my parents once belonged to near the borders of Skyrim about a days journey from Bruma. Apparently the Imperial legion showed up to help defend the Stronghold but it was too late. The Legion has great respect for the Orcs as they make some of the best soldiers and smiths in the army. I am told they died well but I was hidden in a cellar. The legion soldiers found me and took me to an orphanage in Riften. My adopted parents heard of the terrible story and unable to have children of their own adopted me and took me back to Bruma where they helped transport goods between Cyrodill and Skyrim. My mother and father are good to me. I am not the biggest orc and seem to have not inherited the strength and brawn of a typical Orc. They enrolled me in school and I seem to do well. However I have great difficulty controlling my anger but father and mother have overwhelmed me with education and learning. I have an astute understanding of many things. I particularly like history and would like to know more about the history of my people. But i fear nothing according to my parents. They have done their best to give me what I need to survive. I will be of age this year and I would like to join the legion. However I feel that I will not be taken because I am not as strong or skilled as that of other orcs from the strongholds.

My father wanted to take me hunting and we headed out on the road to Skyrim. He told me the woods around Riften is rife with life. I loved the hunt. I guess my Orcblood wants nothing more than the thrill of a hunt. I am a natural according to my father. However the game here in Skyrim is larger and tougher than what we have back home. Prey rarely falls to one arrow and must be chased down. Hopefully we can bag some elk and foxes. Occasionally we see a snow fox and those pelts make wonderful coats as they are quite white and the ladies really adore them. We crossed the Jerrels and began our descent into Riften. There were other travelers on the road as well. We sort of followed them towards the city as there is strength in numbers. Eventually we came to the lake at which Riften sits on the edge of. After passing a mill we entered the city and found our way to the Bee and Barb. My father really likes the Blackbriar Mead. I dont fancy it as much but regular ale suites me fine. It was dusk when we arrived and I was excited about the prospect of going hunting. Father had found a good book for me to read on the Strongholds of Skyrim and I began to read it excitedly. I wondered what it would be like to live in a stronghold like my parents. As I laid down after a few ales I was excited about the hunt but also tired from the journey. I hope to update this and tell the great tale of my hunt tomorrow.

17th of Last Seed

I cannot even begin to explain the events of the last few days. I will do my best but I am exhausted and sore. Not to mention incredibly upset. All of this I will explain. But first let me tell of what happened after leaving Riften.
    Father and I arose early and traveled to the woods south of darkwater crossing. We were acting on a tip that an unusually large number of deer and elk were in the area. I shot a small doe and wounded her enough for father to put a second arrow in her and bring her down. The day was off to a good start. He left me near a small camp and he went to go scout for another place to ambush some more prey. He left me in camp to do the skinning and hanging of the meat. I removed the skin and salted it before rolling it like a rug. using some leather strips I bound the roll so that it would not come undone and packed it in our bag so that we could tan it later. Before I finished he came back and said there were some stormcloak soldiers that passed by where he was and he wanted to inquire as to where some other hunting areas might be. He told me to pack up and head out with him. I did just that. As we approached the soldiers a commotion began on the road in front of them and a wagon appearing to be empty suddenly sprung to life with imperial soldiers. The stormcloaks began yelling "ambush" and Father and I crouched down to avoid the maelstrom that was ensuing around us. I was scared and surprised. Soldiers descended from the sides of the roads, cleverly hidden, and well timed they overwhelmed the stormcloaks and they surrendered. We were stripped of our belongings and bound and taken to a makeshift camp nearby. Here we were interregated and the Legate was not convinced that we were simply hunting in the area. It turns out amongst the captured was the Jarl of Windhelm, Ulfred Stormcloak. We were to be taken to Helgen in the morning. Father convinced me that all would be fine once they realized we were innocent. I could not sleep that night. I was terrified of what might happen. Not to mention that my mother would be wondering where we had gone. No one except the bartender at the Bee and Barb knew where we were headed.

The next morning we were loaded into wagons and transported toward Helgen. The wagon my father was on broke a wheel and had to stop to repair. The legate having figured Ulfred was precious cargo put him on my wagon and we continued the journey while my father and the other wagon stayed behind. I had to endure the guards swearing about how terrible and treacherous the roads were in Skyrim. And how the Empire should not tolerate such terrible roads. As we got closer to Helgen it became apparent that we were to be executed. My mind was spinning and I wanted to escape this entire situation. As we entered the gates the general in charge of the Imperial Legion in Skyrim, General Tullius, was present watching the wagon go by. He was not happy about the other wagon breaking down. I became convinced I was going to die and I would at last see Malacath and leave this world. But it was not to be. My own execution was interrupted by none other than a dragon attack. No one has seen a dragon and this sudden appearance caused quite the commotion. In the mayhem that ensued I was able to escape with a legionnaire named Hodvar.

Once safely inside the keep he unbound me and told me we had to get out of Helgen. This would be no easy task. Neither he nor I knew our way around the bowels of the keep. I would become a changed orc this day. In our flight to safety we had to pass by many Stormcloak soldiers and I had to either kill or be killed. I chose the former rather than the latter. I remember my melee training with my father and school mates and remember prefering the mace over the war axe or sword. My father had also helped me with dual wielding saying that it was easier to overwhelm an opponent when you came at them with two weapons. He was right. The Stormcloaks I encountered probably did not expect the attack with both my hands and two different weapons. I remember something happening as I went into these battles. A part of me changed. It was as if I always knew what to do and it was natural to me. Just like hunting with a bow. The only problem was that I could not find boots or armor to fit me and still be able to move comfortably and use my maces. So I relied on moving swiftly and hitting hard. I hoped to devastate an opponent before they could strike me down.

After a few hours we emerged outside somewhere in the mountains near Helgen. Hadvar insisted I come to Riverwood but I was fearful about being recaptured. Instead I intended to find one of the Strongholds and began to work my way in that direction. I was tired and cold and wanted nothing more than to find something to eat. I could not go back to where I had been as Helgen and the area around it would be crawling with The Legion. It wasn't long before I encountered a small bandit camp. Unfortunately they saw me before I saw them. One pulled out a bow and the other two came at me with their weapons drawn. One was wearing light fur armor and the other one was iron armor and had a shield. He was slow and seemingly bogged down by his own armor. I charged the one in the light armor and caught him in the skull with the mace in my left hand. It killed him outright. My momentum carried me in a half circle and my left hand collided with the shield of the more heavily armored bandit. whereas my right hand was carried low as I crouched and swung into his knee. In an agonizing crunch he was immobilized and dropped his shield to grab his knee. I came back with both maces and smashed him in the helm and then in the chest. The iron armor was dented after this, and two of the three were dead. The third still had his bow and he let loose an arrow that grazed my leg. I closed the distance and killed him swiftly.

The same feelings I had in the keep resurfaced here. I had a relentless drive to destroy my enemies. It was as if I was on a drug. Once i was convinced their little camp was secure I found some items in their tents and sat down for the night. I started a fire and set about cooking some food they had. While the food was cooking I took to cleaning the bear skin I had taken from a bear that Hadvar and I had killed.

After a good meal and some ale I took to one of their beds and fell fast asleep. The next day I would head for the stronghold of Dushnikh Yal. It was the closest stronghold and more importantly it was isolated enough that hopefully the Legion would not look for me there. I hoped that Hadvar could convince them that I was innocent but I was not betting on it. And I certainly would not put myself at risk unnecessarily.

Darkan's Avatar Senator

Interesting so far!
    [DLV 6.2 AAR] - The Danish House of Hen - updated 20/08/18 - on hold
    [King of Dragon Pass AAR] - The Drakkar Saga - updated 14/04/18 - on hold
    Participate in the TotW!!! PARTICIPATE!!!
    DuckDuckGo

18th of Last Seed

I woke up feeling quite rested but it was still a few hours before dawn. I figured I would go ahead and get going towards Dushnikh Yal. As I traveled the road, ahead of me was a commotion. It sounded like fighting. Indeed it was. A mage and two wolves were having it out and in the end the mage perished and so did one of the wolves. The survivor came after me and I took it down fairly easily. More pelts and some coin that I found on the mage was added to my backpack.

An hour later, just before dawn, three bandits came after me. One of them was an orc and I could tell he would have cleaved me in two with the massive sword he wielded. Having no armor for myself I ran as fast as I could. Soon the bandits tired as their armor weighed them down and I was able to make it to a place called Half Moon Mill. It seemed no one was around and I found some meat hanging in a shed and took it with me. I continued to follow the road and eventually found the road that led to Markarth. And according to my map I should be able to get to the stronghold off this road.

I departed the road as soon as I saw a small trail leading into the mountains on the other side of a river the road hugged. A giant waterfall was behind me and still two more seemed to come out of the ruins of the mountain. I found a cave but it looked quite intimidating with all the human skeletons scattered around. I did gather some mushrooms however. I tried to move stealthily up the trail trying to stay hidden as possible. Halfway up i heard the neighing of a horse and on the ground was a dead bandit. I am not sure what happened but his horse would have nothing to do with me and bolted. I searched the bandit and found some coin. His armor was too small for me to use.

I continued to follow the road until I found a great ruin that looked quite impressive and scary at the same time. Who knows what lived in there...or still does for that matter. I found some bird nests with eggs and packed them up and continued to move up the road. Found an interesting shrine looking place with a book about enchanting. As I pressed westward i heard wolves howling. I drew my bow and saw three wolves standing over a corpse. These wolves were not joking around it would seem. I let loose an arrow that sent one flying backwards and the other two began to look around. Another arrow took down the second one and the third one, having spotted me, made an all out charge toward me. It leaped at me and I struck it mid air and soon it joined its kin. I cut their pelts and searched the bandit finding a note about finding more pit wolves for some sort of gambling. I doubt I would ever have any use for such a thing but i kept the note anyway.

Finally I came upon the stronghold. Arob was the huntswife of the stronghold and greeted me. I was introduced to the chief Burguk and his mother Murbul. I told them of my plight and they agreed to let me stay for the night and they would have a meeting about how to proceed.

I prayed that they would let me stay. They told me that I had to sleep in the mines in order to make sure that if the Imperials came around there was no chance they would find me. Considering the circumstances I agreed that this was fine. Burguk said that Khajit traders would come by the stronghold from time to time and he could ask them if they knew of anyone like me that was wanted. Khajit seemed to know about all criminal activity and wanted criminals. If they never heard of me it would be safe to assume that the Imperials were not looking for me. I hoped so! Gharol the forgewife gave me a sword that she wanted delivered to her daughter Lash. I told her that I would help her as soon as I could. She didnt smile but seemed appreciative that I would take on this honorable task.

Darkan's Avatar Senator

Grodash seems to be a really nice guy (maybe even a little shy I would say).
    DuckDuckGo

19th of Last Seed

I woke up before the sun and ate a quick breakfast of dried venison and apples and headed toward Karthwasten. This was a small mining village where Lash, Gharol's daughter resided. Lash had left the stronghold and was now shunned by her kind. It was a sad tale of Orc life. the women of our race are to be given to other strongholds to be the wives of the chiefs. Orc weapons had an emotional component so when Gharol asked me to give the sword to Lash it was not out of love for her daughter. Rather it was out of shame. Lash would receive the scorn of her mother not in person, but symbolically with the sword.

Immediately I ran into wolf trouble. In front of me a fox had run away and ran right into a small wolf den. It perished in the jaws of the wolf. The second wolf spotted me and came after me. I caught it with my mace as it pounced killing it. The second one did the same and suffered the same fate. Although it did manage to bite me on the arm. I bandaged myself up and continued my trek. As I traveled the road I came across a menagerie of ingredients that I could use to make potions. Many I had no idea what to do with. However i knew that Rock Warbler eggs and mountain blue flower could be combined to make a nice healing potion. I would have to have Murbul teach me what some of the other ingredients did.

I felt more confident with using my maces now then I did the other day. I have been using them extensively. I feel more comfortable in my swings. I would have to use them more this day. I found other ingredients including nirnroot and hanging moss that I put into my bag. I came to a bridge and these savage looking men and women screaming something about forsworn started shooting arrows at me. I returned the favor although i did take an arrow in the leg which hurt immensely. I took down one of them with my bow and the second came after me with two blades. She missed her attack and I pummeled her with my maces until i heard a lound crunch as her skull gave way.

I looted the bodies but didn't find much and continued to Karthwasten. I finally arrived and gave Lash her mother's sword. She seemed to know what it meant. She thanked me and compensated me with 250 gold which is pretty substantial for this errand. Even though I nearly died from those crazy forsworn.

On my home I had to put down some nasty mudcrabs that were trying to have the best of me. I also happened upon some Khajit traders. One of them Ri'saad had told me that he heard of the dragon attack at Helgen but had not heard anything of my father. He did say that the Imperials were all over the Riften area and the border between Skyrim and Cyrodil. This was not good for me as It would make my trip back to Bruma nearly impossible. I thanked Ri'saad for his time and bought a few animal skins off of him and headed back to the stronghold.

Just before I began my turn to head up the the mountain a Khajit thief approached me and wanted everything I had. I of course said no and we fought. He had an Iron Dagger that bit into my shoulder but the weight of my maces carried the day. Although I was exhausted and bleeding I had prevailed.

I told Gharol that her sword had been delivered to Lash and she thanked me. It seemed I had earned the respect of Dushnikh Yal and I could sleep in the longhouse. The feeling of sleeping in a real bed was truly amazing.

20th of Last Seed

I awoke this morning and Murbul wanted to teach me about potions. I had taken the ingredients I had collected and laid them out. She began sorting them and told me which ones to mix together. Soon I was making potions that could restore my health, stamina, cure diseases, and many other things. It was quite successful. She even bought some of the potions from me.

After the mid day meal I spent the afternoon with Gharol and fashioned some armor for myself. She said I looked like a vagrant and needed something better then rags. I agreed. I had made and fortified some hide armor made from the wolves I had killed. It fit well and Gharol said I had the makings of a smith after all. I kept my hood but I had made some nice boots, some chest armor, and some gauntlets.

Gharol had me go to a nearby Dwemer ruin called reachwind eyrie to collect some metal and I spent some time with her on learning how to smelt dwarven and Iron Ingots. She told me to keep the Dwarven ingots in case I wanted to use them later. I told her I wanted to go out and explore in my new armor and see about mining some ore I had seen in the hillsides around the camp.

It was afternoon and had a few hours left of daylight. Just outside of camp I ran into some wolves and killed one with my bow and the other with my maces. One of the things I had done was used the grindstone to improve the maces I had. I found a few more ore veins and happened upon a peddler selling his wares. I bought some alchemy ingredients and then bid him goodbye. His name was Lindris and he seemed quite agreeable. I wondered back toward Valthume and happened upon two trolls in a small plain below the ruin. I ran hard and fast all the way back to the stronghold.

When I arrived back it was time for dinner and I ate well. I told the stronghold about the trolls and they said those trolls have claimed many an adventurer. I shuddered at the thought of being devoured by a troll. Before bed and beside the warmth of the fire I began to read a book on light armor forging. I think it will help me immensely when crafting new armor for myself or for others

21st of Last Seed
    Today I thought I would explore to the north of the Stronghold. Burguk had warned me not to get to close to the giant ruins known as Hag Rock Redoubt. It was crawling with Forsworn and would be foolish for me to go there. As I traveled the road north it descended toward a distant bridge. Immediately i ran into wolves. Dispatching them quickly i found a fox and goat that had been their victims. I took all their skins and proceeded toward the bridge. Ahead of me were three orcs in heavy armor. You dont see that everyday so I proceeded to get closer to them. Well one of them decided I would be better dead and started chasing me. He pulled out his bow as did I and I let loose four arrows of which three hit him. He closed the distance only to die a few feet in front of me from the third arrow. The other two didnt do anything and there was a group of three Forsworn just standing in a clearing next to the Orcs. I clearly thought they would attack but they didnt. Lucky for me I suppose. I got close enough to peek at Hag Rock Redoubt but I did not give in to an urge to explore it. Instead I headed back south toward a stream that had had a cave at its beginning. I thought I might see what was inside.

As I approached it I heard the sound of a pickaxe against rock. I quietly snuck up to the spot and discovered a bald middle aged man harvesting ore. He was wearing no armor and did not seem armed. He saw me and told me that he was a Vigil of Stendarr. I learned that the order had been founded after the oblivion crisis and that they hunted down abominations like daedra, witches, werewolves, and vampires. A very interesting man indeed.

I continued my journey to Purewater Run and of course there were wolves in the way. Having rid myself of them a lone skeever attacked me and I quickly silenced it.

It seems this area is crawling with all sorts of beasts. Inside the cave a strange ore was deposited in the wall. It looked to be quicksilver. If this was the case it would be a great find indeed!! Several nirnroot plants were growing in here and I caught some fish in the pool. There was an underwater chamber adjacent to the one I was in and I took a deep breath and plunged in. A great Dwarven face nearly scared the air out of my lungs. There was a chest next to it filled with a variety of things.
    I left the cave having felt like I found some great things and began to work my way back to camp. I managed to find some silver ore and another wolf. Also took down a few goats with my bow. This was a first as my arrows were better quality steel rather than iron.

Tomorrow I planned on tanning some more leather and working on my smithing technique with Iron. Before bed this evening with a cold fog outside I read a book called "The Legend of Red Eagle".

YOu are AAR has some kind of atmosphere that i enjoy . It feels so cold ,deep, harsh and cruel ...

22nd of Last Seed
    What a fascinating tale of Red Eagle. A man defending the rights of his people. A great tale indeed. Perhaps at some point I could look for his sword and should I find it uncover the treasure it might lead me to.
    I woke up today quite early and began working on the forge. I feel I am getting the basics of hide smithing down pretty well. I dont have as much practice with Iron and none with steel, however I feel that will come with time. Today I have decided to go down and explore a few of the caves in the area.
    I had no idea what was in Reachcliff Cave upon arriving. At first I thought it might contain a good supply of mushrooms. This was because of the impstool growing by the entrance.

However once inside it became more frightening. The dead had come to life. Draugrs or animated corpses were walking all over the crypt. I found I could easily sneak up on them and hit them with some arrows but they were still tough to take down. I did find some treasure in here but I prayed that these undead would not come back. Several of these undead used an axe in one hand and some form of cold magic in the other. I went through a number of healing potions after these battles as the cold drained me of my strength. I hoped never to see these evil things again.

I left the cave and explored to where I thought another cave might be. A waterfall concealed its entrance and it was a bounty of mushrooms unlike anything I had seen. Murbul would be ecstatic when she saw what I had brought back.

I gathered as many mushrooms as I could but I found something even more disturbing than the last cave. A note had been written warning people not to enter the crypt inside. Some strange claw was resting on a podium with the aforementioned note. A dead adventurer lay next to the the podium. and in front of me was a great door with strange glyphs carved into it. I did not wish to enter this place but I kept the claw and might return later when I found out more information.

In the meantime I was happy about my bountiful mushroom harvest. I left the cave and worked my way up a hill overlooking the main road and saw an encampment. A fight was unfolding in front of me. Forsworn and the Imperial Legion were fighting in the camp. One of the forsworn was using a fire spell and burning the legion fighters. Eventually the soldiers perished and the Forsworn ran toward me. I decided to fight them. I figured they had been wounded. The shaman came at me with her fire and I extinguished her fire and her life. The other two came at me with dual wielding swords and axes. I overwhelmed the closest one and the other hesitated while his companion was mauled by my maces. I had put some poison on the maces before the battle and that seemed to help. I avoided the swings of the last forsworn and while she recovered i set my maces into motion and smashed her to bits. I scoured the camp and found some things of use but not much. My main concern were all the dead Imperial soldiers. There would be more coming to find out what happened. I hoped they would not come to the stronghold.

I decided it was time to head back to the stronghold. I took the long way and encountered a man named Balbus collecting ingredients for a chef named "the gourmet". Curious who you will find when wondering the wilds.

Well I made my way back to the stronghold a little bit after dark. Murbul warned me not to stay out past dark. Strange beasts wondered the wilds after dark. Included in that were vampires. Something I hoped not to encounter. The stronghold did not know about the cave with the cryptic message and told me I should probably not mess with it. It was hidden for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Master_Mind View Post
    YOu are AAR has some kind of atmosphere that i enjoy . It feels so cold ,deep, harsh and cruel ...

thank you very much for the feedback. Cruelty is a common theme in Skyrim it would seem. Thanks for following!

Darkan's Avatar Senator

Nice! Those are some pretty big wolves. I wonder what was in that cave though I have a feeling we will someday find out. Keep it up.

Hello Master_Mind!
    DuckDuckGo

Quote Originally Posted by Darkan View Post
    Nice! Those are some pretty big wolves. I wonder what was in that cave though I have a feeling we will someday find out. Keep it up.

Hello Master_Mind!
    Nice thing about this area of the map is that I haven't been to these areas with my other toon so it is a first time experience for me as well. I am home sick today with a nasty cold so I will try to get in some more updates between being knocked out with cold medicine.

23rd of Last Seed

Murbul talked to me in the morning about a problem the stronghold was having. Although I had not been into the cellars beneath the longhouse, the stores of food was dwindling. The supply of meat for the stronghold was waning and it was soon going to be a crisis. The hunting grounds around the stronghold no longer contained the Elk and Deer that used to be here. There are some rabbits, goats, and other creatures that could provide meat but this was paltry at best. The Forsworn had been encroaching on the Orc's hunting grounds for some time and now there wasnt much to be hunted. Burguk had told me of rich hunting on the plains outside of whiterun and suggest I go hunting there. He told me I had alot to learn and this would help me be a better hunter. I agreed and decidedly took up the challenge.
    After a nice breakfast I set off down the trail past Valthume and into the valley below crossing the great river of the reach and began my ascent up a large hill. Along the way i took down a few goats and a solitary deer and collected their skins and meat. I looked back and could see the river and the mountains in the background which comprised my new home.

At the top of the hill i had a gorgeous view of the plains of whiterun. Here I hoped to find some game that I could take back to the Stronghold. Upon descending the hill I saw several deer and I took one of them down. Several scattered but another one stayed behind. I tried to kill that one too but it bounded away. My arrow did not kill it. I descended into the plain near the town of Rorikstead and began to gather ingredients such as thistle, blue mountain flower, tundra cotton, and nirnroot. I also found some mean crabs along the waterway and took them down.

On a rock in a pool of water a dead man lay and I wondered what his tale was. He was carrying ingredients mostly so I assumed he was some sort of alchemist. I headed roughly toward Whiterun. Its great keep barely visible this far away. I found a clearing full of deer and took one more of these down. However where there are deer there are wolves. Two of them came after me and I took them both down with my bow. I felt I was getting better with my bow. I also found my first deposit of what i believed was corundum ore. Combined with Iron it could make steel.

It was getting to be late and night fall was approaching. I saw what looked like a cave and I headed towards it hoping to find some shelter. Instead a Sabre cat was living there and saw me. I had already poisoned my maces and was ready for a great battle. The great beast came at me and I unloaded on it all my strength. My maces whirled around building up momentum and slammed into the animal. Still it came. Its great claws shredded my flesh on my chest and I barely had time to escape its jaws. Finally the beast was dead and I was wounded. I poured my healing tonic on the wounds and drank a few more to speed up the healing. I soaked bandages in healing salts and put them on my wounds. For the most part my armor held the cloth in place. I spent the next hour skinning the beast and salting it and rolling it up to take back to the cave where i was going to spend the night

The cave it turns out was used by hunters. In a bit of Irony the hunters look as if they were killed in the night by the saber cat and left behind were a number of skins, ingredients, and meat hanging from the roof of the cave. This was a bonanza I could not pass up and began to gather all these supplies. I made my camp here for the night as the first stars were out. I was exhausted and would need sleep to help with the healing of my wounds. In the morning I would wake up and begin my trek back to the stronghold

Quote Originally Posted by Darkan View Post
    Hello Master_Mind!
    Another AAR Were We meet

24th of Last Seed

I slept from dusk till dawn and only a few times awoken by the sound of distant beasts. I had dreams of my father and for a moment expected him to be by my side. I felt much better now that I had gotten some good sleep. It seems the sleep did me well. I woke early and found in front of me in the distance one of the great mammoths that roamed the plains of Whiterun. Also I could see the giants that herded them. I gingerly kept my distance from them and continued my hunt.

I found more ore and ingredients including some fish at an isolated pond. I pulled some honeycomb out of a bees nest having been stung by several of the residents didnt deter me.

More wolves tried to attack me but I was getting better at defending myself.

Around mid day a man ran up to me and gave me some bracers and warned me not to double cross him and he would be back later. I was completely confused and a few moments later a hunter came up asking if I had seen the man that gave me the bracers. I told him yes I had seen him and gave back the bracers. The hunter spotted the thief and subsequently killed him with a few arrows. He thanked me for the assistance and subsequently gave me some coin in return. The whole situation was a bit strange. But not as tragic as a situation I was about to happen upon.

I started down the road towards the reach and was feeling pretty good about the meat and hides I was bringing back to the stronghold. I found some more iron ore deposits off the side of the road and some mushrooms when i heard a commotion ahead on the road. I moved forward stealthily to see what was happening and I instantly recognized Lindrish the Peddler I had seen once before. Except this time he was in real danger. Three forsworn were attacking him and his horse. Enough was enough. These damn savages were out of control. I was trying to get a clear shot of one of the forsworn when I was spotted. The horse died and the peddler fell down begging for mercy. I killed one and the other two closed the distance. I was on a rock that made it difficult to reach me and I was able to take them down one at a time. I ran over to help the peddler but his blood had already run out his body. I realized how unfair things are sometimes. This peddler had never done anything to anyone...and yet here he was dead in his own blood.

All I could do was think about getting back to the warmth and safety of the stronghold. I had been away for two days and the day was growing late indeed. Fog had moved in and I quietly moved up the path towards Dushnikh Yal. I had to go around a group of Stormcloak soldiers and sneak by the infamous trolls but I had made it at last back to the stronghold. Exhausted I collapsed on the nearest bed and fell fast asleep

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast