Thread: How to play the Egyptians??

Default How to play the Egyptians??

First, I want to start with a bow of respect and gratitude, for everyone who contributed to this long-waited mod.

I'm a muslim, and I'd like to experience playing a muslim faction. Unfortunately, their is no such one that I can play at the first glance I had. And so, I'm wondering if their is anyway I can play any of them. Thanks everyone.

militiaman's Avatar GEWar TWC Alliance!

Default Re: How to play the Egyptians??

Go to your descr_strat.txt found in C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\chivalry\data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion (I think, not 100% sure what the minor and grand ones exactly are)

In this file at the top should be a list of playable factions then below a list of non-playable ones. Cut and of the muslim factions you'd like to play with into the playable section. Something like this:

Code:
    playable
    	gauls
    	britons
    	germans
    	romans_scipii
    	romans_senate
    	carthage
    	dacia
    	numidia
    	spain
    	scythia
    	parthia
    	pontus
    	armenia
    	thrace
    	greek_cities
    	macedon
    	egypt
    end
    unlockable

end
    nonplayable
    	seleucid
    	romans_brutii
    	romans_julii
    	slave

Under the Patronage of Basileos Leandros I, who is under the patronage of Kscott, who is under the patronage of Lord Rahl, who is under the patronage of MadBurgerMaker, who is under the patronage of genghis khan, who is under the patronage of GodEmporer Nicholas

Default Re: How to play the Egyptians??

Oh thanks. I already tried that, but seeing the original RTW factions' names, I thought their must be another trick. Will try it now, again thanks for your help.