Thread: No Fog of War - Not really a cheat?

Default No Fog of War - Not really a cheat?

Pretty sure countries during WW2 knew pretty much everything military-related regarding other nations, such as the estimated amount of troops they have deployed or how advanced they are technologically. FoW is a bit non-sensical in a game like this. What do you think?

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: No Fog of War - Not really a cheat?

That's a completely false statement.

Anyway, the FoW in HOI3 is mainly what hides subs from sub-hunters. If you turn the FoW off, then subs will automatically get caught, so it's important to keep the FoW on.

Battle of the Bulge?
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

prdude1234's Avatar Biarchus

Well, I play without FoW because I like to see how the AI handle things (aka Watching what the Chinese do during the Civil War and when the Japanese invades them) and on what the AI focuses on. In games like RTW I play without FoW because I like to see how the AI empires expand through time.
    A proud Latin

Un Puertorriqueño orgullozo!
    A proud Puertorican here!

Gamertag: prdude123

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

You're ruining the entire sub warfare system when you do that. A better solution is to make an event that gives you a level 10 radar station somewhere and gives you 99,999 research points into the radar tech. That'll remove the FoW for you, but not the AI, and will allow the sub warfare system to function correctly.

Magically seeing all enemies is and always will be cheating in a non-fantasy game. Invest some leadership and IC in radars and decryption.

I WUB PUGS's Avatar OOH KILL 'EM

It is a cheat, no doubt. It is essentially giving you better satellites in the sky than the US has now.

You need to research decryption anyway to avoid getting taken surprise in an actual fight, not just for intelligence purposes.

They should make hearts of iron in middle earth