Thread: Let me tell you all something........

Default Let me tell you all something........

After playing this mod, initially I thought... Wow, I wasted months upon months upon months waiting for this piece of crap to come out.

But then, after playing a bit more due to lazyness to uninstall and put back my Rome total Realism I have to say that this mod is probably one of the best out there already (save the bugs/glitches/fixes needed).....why? Theres only 1 reason.

1.) Its Impossible to have a standing army at any given time without going bankrupt

This models the medival era perfectly! Though knights were given land in return for service (which is not possible in this game) we do it in the form of monetary concerns. When I feel the need for expansion or defense, I take my money that I have saved over the course of 5 turns or so to form a huge army to crush the enemy.. and like in REAL LIFE and HISTORY it replicates this perfectly! You can have a single decisive battle which can determine the entire fate of your kingdom versus every other mod out there that allows you to have so many armies out there that even a heroic victory either way won't affect nearly anything. In this game after having your army in the field which will gaurantee you in debt (lets suppose some -10000) and it being utterly crushed by the enemy.. you wont have a chance at survival. Your small garrisons are enough to ensure that your cities won't riot.. but not enough to send out to fight an army. And finally, suppose you do win.. now you disband your troops and wait for the debt to go down and build up your cash reserves so you can be prepared for another war..

Simply THE BEST replication of the medieval era.

edit: In addition, I like the very small settlement sizes.. it prevents massive recruitment over and over as if it had an unlimited amount of avaliable men for war.

I do have one suggestion for the BI users. You should use the loyalty feature as that was considered a very big aspect of feudalism
    "Ahh... there you are"

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Default Re: Let me tell you all something........

Loyalty can be used both in R:TW 1.5 and BI 1.6 but it's a bit whacky cos you need rebel factions for it.
    And I'm actually glad that this mod is able to change the mind of people who thought it to be bad in the beginning because it shows we definitely did something right in the campaign
    But I'd be interested in why you thought it was crap at the beginning nonetheless. So do tell please.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Zenith Darksea's Avatar Ορθοδοξία ή θάνατος!

Quote Originally Posted by LiciniusII
    Wow, I wasted months upon months upon months waiting for this piece of crap to come out.
    I'm sure that there are more tactful ways to put it than that!

Well how about the developers that wasted so called months preparing this mod for us to play?????That was a selfish statement....
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

shadepanther's Avatar Senator

I think he meant he was waiting for it to come out but was dissapointed at first.

It just came out badly, I think/hope.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" -- Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by shadepanther
    I think he meant he was waiting for it to come out but was dissapointed at first.
    Well i agree, the reason its "crap" is because its only an early beta, its still almost fully playable. If the is only the 0.34 beta, then just think on how good the full version will be.

Kaweh's Avatar Aerani

Just reread his post, he was disappointed at first, and now he actualy loves it.

K.K

SIBLESZ·CRANDAR·SIMETRICAL​·DARTH VADER·KAWEH·RAVEN DARKWING·KALOS
    · PROUD MEMBER OF ROMA SURRECTUM II ·

Yeah, quoting just that one part of his post is taking it totally out of context.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Guys, I think if I (or anybody on the team) takes offence, we can defend ourselves well enough
    I furthermore think that anybody is entitled to his very own opinion about the beta, and "crap" is also an opinion; and that he is also entitled to voice that opinion (although I admit it could have been put somewhat nicer, because Licinius you didn't actually waste anything on this mod ).

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Anyway good work Alpaca and thanks for working on the mod,.34 is great.
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

First off for people who misread my post incorrectly I explicitly wrote: After playing this mod, initially I thought... Wow, I wasted months upon months upon months waiting for this piece of crap to come out.

@ alpaca: It was partly in error on my part overlooking the fact that its still an early beta with diplomats, armies, and assassins sinking underground and the lack of units.. but after remembering the early release and after coping with a few things getting adujusted to the MEDIEVAL mindset rather than the "unlimited men avaliable/heroic victory wont do squat" mindset I held earlier
    "Ahh... there you are"