Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: -IBFD 5's "end of turn" CTD-

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

Default -IBFD 5's "end of turn" CTD-

I am starting a new thread dedicated to the "end of turn" CTD bug experienced in IBFD.
    all posts regarding this specific bug will also be transferred here.

Characteristics of the bug:
    - ATI cards seem to be more sensitive, but are not limited to them
    - bug is related to buildings
    - bug has been experienced with RB, WRE,
    - bug may be related to 2 turn buildings
    - bug has been reported with the ff buildings: river ports, postribulum

CTD has been averted by:
    - stopping the construction of buildings
    - constructing only 1 2-turn building

current possible reasons:
    - missing "hidden resources" in desc_regions
    - traits
    - RTW engine problem

Related threads reporting similar problem:
    CTD on revolt to owning faction -by Dol Guldur
    A modder's guide to CTDs -by Khelvan
    ctd during AI turns -by jjca

This post will be updated as the source of the problem becomes clearer/ more info comes in
    Last edited by Ramon Gonzales y Garcia; May 26, 2006 at 12:45 PM.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

Default Re: = Bug Report (All versions) =

I I used a unmoded IBFG . The changes are only 2
    1) chavalry unit are not so strong.
    2) victory condition are changed - ERE and WRE dont need other empire's province to win.
    However I got same CTD at the end of Roman turn before I tried these changes.
    It seems same problem of Chipirone it seems appear in a random roman turn usually in the first 10-20. The 5.03 dont cancel CTD in the savegames where the CTD appeared. Something that Roman does causes the CTD.
    Last edited by Ettore; March 31, 2006 at 04:31 AM.

I texted the mod for some hours...
    The CDT seems to be connnected to the building costruction
    In a save of first turn I get CTD if I try to build 2 ports if I try to make 1 no CTD
    In a second turn save I had CTD with 5 2turns buildings ( a trader 2 postribulums 2 ports) . I tried many changes : only way to have no CTD bug is to have an alone 2 turns building in the construction windows.

Another thing I noted is that postribulum give 5 % happiness but in city window I did not see any grows change,
    Im my mod esperience the alone way I knew to have less grow is to have more squalor, so i suggest to Milae to give for the prostribulum 10% happiness and 5% squalor as effect but I did not find a way to implement the squalor change: any my try to use the building scrypts gave CTDs.

Ramon, if you want I send you the 2 saves on which I worked.
    Last edited by Ettore; March 31, 2006 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettore
    ... Ramon, if you want I send you the 2 saves on which I worked.
    yes, please do this
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

1 thing I forgotten to tell you: the CTD does not happen when thw 2 turns buildings are scheduled but when they are ended everything other you have done ,
    Last edited by Ettore; April 03, 2006 at 10:29 AM.

I hate this, I downloaded the latest fix and played as the WRE. I disbanded my cities and decided to head down to Carthage and restart from there, I also clicked the 4 turns thingy with the advisor at 407 before clicking end turn but then the game crashes. Any idea what's going on with that?

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

for all of you guys having crash problems - make it easier for Ramon to identify possible errors etc and try to run the game with show_error command line in your BI desktop shortcut: "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err

Yeah Hans I tried that, no go, it didn't give me any message even after typing in that shortcut.

What happens is that it crashes 2 turns into the game. Funny thing is that if I don't do anything except for advisor and click end turn it doesn't crash.

However, I'm going to reinstall everything and go from there and if it persists I'll post a save file.

EDIT: No good
    http://www.badongo.com/file/436404
    ANd to make things clear,

Yes it's BI 1.6, yes it's 5.0 with 5.0.3 fix, yes I clicked on script, once I click on end it CTD but refuses to give me a message.

Once I started a new game, I just went ahead and started to fall back to Carthage and such and once I clicked END for 2nd turn then it crashed. Does it crash if I follow this strategy and abandon ROME?
    Last edited by nameless; April 05, 2006 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nameless
    Yeah Hans I tried that, no go, it didn't give me any message even after typing in that shortcut.
    What happens is that it crashes 2 turns into the game. Funny thing is that if I don't do anything except for advisor and click end turn it doesn't crash.
    Once I started a new game, I just went ahead and started to fall back to Carthage and such and once I clicked END for 2nd turn then it crashed. Does it crash if I follow this strategy and abandon ROME?
    this looks like the Ettore bug (not his fault :wink: but he was one of the few to report it first) were you by any chance trying to build 2 turn buildings?
    Ettore claimed a CTD was caused by building 2 turn buildngs, will test ur save when I can get IBFG 5 running again (am currently in middle of developing IBFG 6)
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

There was one city (Carthage) building a paved road and before the crash it had two turns left to make.

I tried to cease the building and entered click but no go though I suspect it maybe because the damage was already done.

I started a new fresh game and didn't do anything, I clicked on advisor, then just kept clicking the end turn and so far no crashing.

I'll put it on hold for the time being, I was afraid your answer would be that.

When I have time then I'll do another fully clean reinstall.

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

This a guess but I have feeling that might have something to do with descr_rebel_factions file

Maybe, I didn't experience crashes too much when I didn't do anything except click on end turn.

When I crashed the rebels have already taken control of like 70% of my empire.

Maybe, I didn't experience crashes too much when I didn't do anything except click on end turn.
    When I crashed the rebels have already taken control of like 70% of my empire.
    WRRebels are not controlled by the desc_rebel_faction, so maybe not related but I will post a desc_strat without spawning rebels, could you try the file then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans Kloss
    This a guess but I have feeling that might have something to do with descr_rebel_factions file
    maybe, maybe another thing I enabled only in 503 is the spawning of brigands and pirates
    One realy minor detail: mercenary Graal knights in descr_model_battle seem to have redundant spearman skeleton in addition to swordsman.
    thanks for the report will repair it ASAP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal Barca
    I've been having problems with this since i installed it. I put 5.0.3 on straight away and in my first campaign it CTD when i clicked end turn...Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    hmmm, could u give me a sav file cause your problem sounds different from the building crash
    Quote Originally Posted by italiano
    Getting a CTD around 15 years in as the berbers when attacking a rebel army on a bridge. Haven't installed 5.0.3 yet so I'll see if that fixes it. If not I'll try that show error command.
    please try and tell me if theres a report
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

WRRebels are not controlled by the desc_rebel_faction, so maybe not related but I will post a desc_strat without spawning rebels, could you try the file then?
    Ever since 1.3 vanilla, I've been going into Descr_strat file and setting the values for both pirates and rebels to 1000. Perhaps the bug is coming from there. I could try it later with just normal settings.

Ever since 1.3 vanilla, I've been going into Descr_strat file and setting the values for both pirates and rebels to 1000. Perhaps the bug is coming from there. I could try it later with just normal settings.
    could you try with 100 for both? it was that value b4 5.0.3, my PC broke down and I can't d anything right now (I doubt HDD is affected though so data should be OK )
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

No good, problem still persists.....I don't get it. No one else gets it except me....

It doesn't even tell me the error either, it just CTD.

One question though, when I installed the patch, I noticed that you set some parameters (Video, audio, etc.) Are those not suppose to be changed or touched?

No good, problem still persists.....I don't get it. No one else gets it except me....
    unfortunately you are not the only one, but some people seem to be playing it without problems too.
    One question though, when I installed the patch, I noticed that you set some parameters (Video, audio, etc.) Are those not suppose to be changed or touched?
    yes I changed parameters in "descr_auto_optimise_options.txt" to enable advanced video settings for some lower end machines, maybe this is causing the problems? what video card are you using?
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

ATI radeon x700, I always keep it updated.

I also readjusted the interface and audio settings.

I basically just readjusted the video settings to my preference.
    Last edited by nameless; April 14, 2006 at 06:46 PM.

ATI radeon x700, I always keep it updated.
    I also readjusted the interface and audio settings.
    I basically just readjusted the video settings to my preference.
    unlikely to be that, then, am now checking thwe models again, but problem with models usually crop up during batles not end turns, am also checking the buildings but couldn't see any possible causes... will try a deductive approach, another possibility is that in next turn your remaining cities will go to rebels? or there seems to be problem with rebellions?
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast