Thread: 'Infrastucture not High Enough'-Units cant move

Default 'Infrastucture not High Enough'-Units cant move

Im posed for a big attack of Indochina as the Brits, and have units all lined up in Siam, on the border provinces. But they cant make the simple move of one province into Indochina, and Ive checked the infrastructure of most of the provinces, and its easily enough, level 4+ mostly.

To move from one province in Siam to the one next to it in Indochina, its impossible. The Computer instead wants to send all 200,000 men on a 1,000+mile detour through a series of moutain regions in China, which mostly have poor infrastructure! Its a bit stupid to say I cant move my chaps one province through jungle regions with decent infrastructure because on 'Infrastructure Not High Enough'.

Anything wrong here?

"Peccavi" or "I have sinned"

Message from British General Charles Napier to the Governor General of India, to inform him of his capture of Sindh, (I Have sinned/Sindh).

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: 'Infrastucture not High Enough'-Units cant move

Are you sure you're at war with the owner of Indochina (you can't move troops through neutral territory)? If you are, then there are two possible reasons. The first is that the infrastructure is level 1. You'll find lvl 1 infra in northern Loas but not Cambodia. An easy way to check if you can move troops and supplies through a land province is to go to your supply map mode. What you're looking for here are provinces that are black, as opposed to gray. Black provinces mean you can't move troops through them, while gray is the FoW.

The second reason is that your map cache is corrupted. This can only happen during a bad game install or using a map mod without rebuilding the map cache.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBromgrev View Post
    Are you sure you're at war with the owner of Indochina (you can't move troops through neutral territory)? If you are, then there are two possible reasons. The first is that the infrastructure is level 1. You'll find lvl 1 infra in northern Loas but not Cambodia. An easy way to check if you can move troops and supplies through a land province is to go to your supply map mode. What you're looking for here are provinces that are black, as opposed to gray. Black provinces mean you can't move troops through them, while gray is the FoW.

The second reason is that your map cache is corrupted. This can only happen during a bad game install or using a map mod without rebuilding the map cache.

Im definately at war with them. When I said Indochina, i meant it as a term to describe the area. The actual owner of the area is the Guangxi Clicque, who are in the Axis.

I can see the infrastructure of the border regions, theyre all at least Level 4 or more.

"Peccavi" or "I have sinned"

Message from British General Charles Napier to the Governor General of India, to inform him of his capture of Sindh, (I Have sinned/Sindh).

TheBromgrev's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Empire Broadsword View Post
    The actual owner of the area is the Guangxi Clicque, who are in the Axis.
    This could be the problem. If Guangxi isn't at war with them, then you can't attack out of Guangxi territory. The game is set up so you can't attack from neutral territory (say, attack Norway from neutral Sweden as Germany), so if Guangxi is neutral then that's the problem.