Thread: FPS Problems.

Default FPS Problems.

I click the Very High settings button and keep the default Very High settings.

I turn on Bloom and Tessalation. That is about it.

I keep massive FPS problems once people begin to die. I keep get A LOT more looking at two armies marching across the field. The lag only starts when the battle begins.

It seems a lot of this lag is coming from dead bodies ... after the battle when i scroll across the dead bodies on the field i get MASSIVE FPS drop and i mean massive.

What the hell would be causing this? Why do i get more FPS seeing two armies marching at each other , and i mean i get really good FPS during this process but i get massive FPS drop during the battle when people begin dieing?

I have a GTX 590 - 12 Gigs of Ram - I7. 975 - 1400 Watt Power core. Not sure what the problem is. Evega X58 Classified mother board. Windows 7 64 Bit.

Default Re: FPS Problems.

How do i Edit. I have so many mistakes in that paragraph. I am very tired atm and i dont know what i was thinking. I apologize. Please do your best to read the paragraph if you wouldnt mind helping me. I am sorry about that.

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

About the FPS problem I dont have any idea of what happens, but about the "post edit" read this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post10843395

Hopefully CA fixes this, because I just can't go back to bloodless battles at this pint. It's what I'd been hoping for in a TW game since... forever. Luckily I have the settings tweaked enough now to look good and still get an acceptable framerate in mid-battle.

I have a pretty powerful rig (i7 920 cpu and GTX 560 in SLI). The only noticeable FPS issue I experience is when fougasse explodes. The smoke cloud is so massive and thick my FPS instantly drops to single digits. Does anyone know what field to edit in the Darthmod.pack?

Quote Originally Posted by c1001 View Post
    I have a pretty powerful rig (i7 920 cpu and GTX 560 in SLI). The only noticeable FPS issue I experience is when fougasse explodes. The smoke cloud is so massive and thick my FPS instantly drops to single digits. Does anyone know what field to edit in the Darthmod.pack?
    Oops, wrong forum!

Removing blood has fixed the problem.

I tried to have a Full army of Ashigura men go at it... but it seems the game simply cannot handle 31000 men marching at each other. My CPU and Ram were only at 30% load.

But yes. Good mod Darth , and i am glad you take the time to make these mods. It makes the game much more enjoyable , and it sucks to realize that your appetite for creating Mods will not last forever. I hope by that day you decide this your off spring will take your place.

Make sure you have Depth of Field and SSAO turned off. Those things use unreasonably high amounts of resources.

The only lag I notice is when both armies have about 5-7 k each, and oddly enough not during melee, only when they're close in proximity to each others. I've turned off alot of settings since I find them superflous (shadows, SSAO, etc). my i7-2600k + 570GTX seem to handle anything thrown at it, luckily.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkyway12 View Post
    Removing blood has fixed the problem.

I tried to have a Full army of Ashigura men go at it... but it seems the game simply cannot handle 31000 men marching at each other. My CPU and Ram were only at 30% load.

But yes. Good mod Darth , and i am glad you take the time to make these mods. It makes the game much more enjoyable , and it sucks to realize that your appetite for creating Mods will not last forever. I hope by that day you decide this your off spring will take your place.
    Yeah that's a limitation of the engine.

I too have noticed an FPS drop when bloody, dead bodies accumulate. The battles are usually basically over though so I don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    If you turn off blood you will no longer have this FPS decrease. Try it.
    Thank you DARTH VADER, I've been trying to solve my problem for ages now.