Thread: Onogers & diplomacy (2 questions)

Default Onogers & diplomacy (2 questions)

Obviously not related

1. Is there anything I can do to change the area damage of onogers? I'm not satisfied with the amount of death they seem to do. Getting hit with a large rock should hurt more...

2. Does the anything I do to gain favor with AI ever improve it's relationship with me? For example, right now, I am in a wicked war with Greece, on a huge front. Part of that front is shared by Germany. To keep them from going to war with me I've been throwing them gold every now and then. Does the AI care I'm doing that?

Thanks in advance!

-m

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Default Re: Onogers & diplomacy (2 questions)

1. Probably, but then it would be unrealistic, and onagers would become far too overpowered.

2. Nope, it does not, but it is probably keeping the ai allied to you, it will turn on you at some point though.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

in any case, is it easy enough to alter mod the onagers power? i too wish onagers were more powerful but never knew how to change the stats.

Quote Originally Posted by miserable09
    Obviously not related

1. Is there anything I can do to change the area damage of onogers? I'm not satisfied with the amount of death they seem to do. Getting hit with a large rock should hurt more...
    Well yeah you can modify the projectile attributes in descr_projectiles_new. However, as Lusted has mentioned, the problem is that tweaking areas such as this can literally take many hours of testing to achieve the desired results. Think about how many men a flaming onager projectile takes out with a direct hit. If you increase the radius, chances are you'll probably take out an entire unit depending on your unit scaling settings, which isn't realistic tbh.
    Last edited by Seasoned Alcoholic; May 28, 2006 at 04:12 PM. Reason: Edited
    Creator and developer of Rome: Total Gameplay (RTG), an unofficial mod for vanilla RTW v1.5
    For news and updates, check out the RTG Subforums
    RTG v1.0 (Self-Extracting ZIP)
    RTG v1.0 (EXE Installer)
    A veteran FPS & Strategy gamer, currently playing Day of Defeat (DoD) & Football Manager 2007.
    Looking forward to the release of Command & Conquer 3: The Tiberium Wars.