Thread: DoB load error

Default DoB load error

Whenever I go to start a campaign the game suddenly crashes and says that RTW:BI has stopped working and this happens every time. Any ideas ???

Default Re: DoB load error

There seems to be an issue with DoB and Windows 7, which I've not yet pinned down.

Can you try this: uninstall VI2 completely and then download and install this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...3#post10812853
    It's VI2 + DoB in one package. It works for me (on Win7), and I'd like to know if it works for everyone else too.

I cant download it it just says "The file you are looking for seems to be missing. Please contact an administrator if you feel this is an error."

Damn Gamefront... I'll upload another one and post here.

thanks

I've tried the download and finally got the target thing right but I still get the same message everytime.

When you try to start a campaign in DoB, the game crashes and gives a Windows error message? Hm, that's weird, the files I uploaded are the very same ones I use, and they play just fine. The only difference is that I have my RTW installed outside the Program Files directory.

If you don't mind going through that hassle, you could try installing RTW somewhere outside the Program Files folder and then try installing DoB again... I can't think of anything else to suggest, given that the files you have and the ones I do (which work) are identical.

The file does work and it works great, even though I had to uninstall RTW fully and reinstall on the desktop, but well worth it !!!

Glad to hear it!

So the solution is "install RTW outside Program Files". It might be related to the Virtual Store problem also present on Vista...