Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: When do you get a Citadel?

tudor93's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: When do you get a Citadel?

Quote Originally Posted by Losthief View Post
    Disbanding the right troops (i believe its levy troops but i haven't played the game in like a year) adds population.
    I don't think this is correct, this feature was in RTW, but they didn't add it in M2TW.
    Īnfrānt nu eşti atunci cānd sāngeri,
    nici ochii cānd īn lacrimi ţi-s.
    Adevăratele īnfrāngeri,
    sunt renunţările la vis.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by tudor93 View Post
    I don't think this is correct, this feature was in RTW, but they didn't add it in M2TW.
    i swear i did it in mtw2...but im might be crazy. Try peasants if anyones interested....otherwise i might just be mixing things up in my (g)olden age
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

I think it was possible at one point, but fixed in a later patch. I know I've tried it in SS, but it didn't change the population.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I was thinking of lowering the upgrade population for citadels. Will this break saved games?

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

No, I believe it does not, but await a 2nd opinion

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)

jurcek1987's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Yeah, changes to descr_settlement_mechanics.xml are save-game compatible

I myself added more growth to the bakehouse. I dont think I added enough though... my 8 chiv + overseer couldnt grow hamburg... I dont want too much tedium in getting architect and 10 chiv to get anywhere, so l'll prolly just add more growth to the bakehouse.

Or better yet, add growth to the first tier cannon maker. that way you dont get a growth bonus until late game f you want to keep the feel of rarity. However, the AI has no issues getting them on VH... so make some trades with friendly allies. I traded Hamburg for Arhus n the hopes Denmark would grow t... but he rufused to move a decent gemeral there, and captured some others n Hungary so gave up on that (and traded Visby for Hamburg, the sucker).

The Active Builder trait line also adds +1 to farming output for each rank of it that you have. I believe you can get this by having a general present when a church, farm, market, or wall is built, with a much higher probability from a wall. I have a general with 9 chivalry, an overseer and the first rank of that trait. Everything I can build it built, the city's at +.5% and I'm just a few hundred people away from a citadel... if I fall short I might just cheat.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234