Thread: Strategies with smaller factions

Asta666's Avatar Libertus

Default Strategies with smaller factions

hello, I've been trying this mod for a while, and I had a very good campaign playing as Spain, but I can't manage to get a good start with any of the other, smaller factions, like Sweden or Italy. You start with only 1-2 regions and all cities seem to be fully garrisoned by turn 2 or 3, so it's pretty hard to expand without the economy to support at least a full stack. Any suggestions?

Default Re: Strategies with smaller factions

Quote Originally Posted by Asta666 View Post
    hello, I've been trying this mod for a while, and I had a very good campaign playing as Spain, but I can't manage to get a good start with any of the other, smaller factions, like Sweden or Italy. You start with only 1-2 regions and all cities seem to be fully garrisoned by turn 2 or 3, so it's pretty hard to expand without the economy to support at least a full stack. Any suggestions?
    You rellay have to think with smaller nations. It helps allot if you have a collage. The best thing is to build up you territory, gain allies with large nations and attack other small nations. You will quickly gain terriroty to compeat with large nations. I started with Hessia. I built up my econimy and army and allot of turns i did nothing because there was nothing i could do. I attacked Wuttenburg, Baveria and Saxony. I had a large army with allies such as Spain, France, Italy and plenty of trade routs. Then at the same time Prussia and Austria attacked me with 6 full stacked armys. I had 2 large armys and lost. So stay away from large nations till you have more land than them and be cairfull of their allies.

Asta666's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Strategies with smaller factions

Yeah something similar happened to me while I was playing with the Italian States. Guess I'll try to pay more attention to diplomacy and try to achieve peace with the big nations around me.