Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aventine Domus of Numerius Sextius Caepio

Default Re: Aventine Domus of Numerius Sextius Caepio

Quintus move quickly. He grabbed the goblet and sat down, "So senators, I believe you were talking about Cotta, who unfortunately doesn't like me"

Nota''s Avatar Campidoctor

Caepio stares at the new man, intrigued. Well he certainly isn't a coward, nor a wine connoisseur by the way he handled the stuff, perhaps he worked from the bottom up like father. Still, grabbing from a table without so much of a word suggests over confidence, perhaps a firebrand? He has already made an enemy of Cotta it appears. Perhaps I should keep the man at arms length in case he drags me into something I cannot handle. On the other hand, being new he would be desperate for an ally, perhaps Caepio could use him, double his voice in the senate and the council. After all, he would not abandon Caepio the generous sponsor easily. Before he reaches a decision Caepio becomes aware of the awkward silence between the three Senators.
    Yes, Cotta does seem to be good at making enemies. Why it must be hard to be a pleb who thinks he is a Patrician, hated by his own kind and shunned by those snobs. Mind you, he does possess a silver toungue when he has need of it.
    Last edited by Nota'; January 16, 2012 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Spelling.

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

"Limiting the pool of candidates is dangerous at the most, I cannot believe that the Senate would not have issues with that, especially this Consulate which is dominate once again by Patricians. I love the idea but I do not believe it would work well, it would be almost as bad as suggesting another Tribune. I do believe that I can use my influence to limit the candidacy pool but I do not know if I can entirely eliminate the competition." Diocletian smiled at the last comment of Caepio. "I believe that is something that Cotta and I share in common, I believe an Iberian Warlord wants me dead still...I believe." Faustus chuckled again.
    Last edited by CK23; January 16, 2012 at 05:55 PM.
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

"Ave, senator, I believe that it is within our interests to form an alliance as we all are plebs and we all don't like the patricians, the plebs need to make a stand"

Caepio turns to address what Diocletian had said.
    I think you misunderstand me. I do not suggest we officially limit the candidates. No, what I suggest is orginisation. I say we organise all those who support the cause of the plebs and limit the number of those who stand for election. What fault can the senate find with that? The Patricians can field as many corrupted plebs as they wish, they will be ineffective against a united cause.

Caepio then turns to Quintus:
    Perhaps, perhaps not. Do not take me for a revolutionary Quintus. But yes, we do need to be more vocal. May I suggest you take to the Rostra and defend the Tribune's good name, and maybe make one for yourself. Simply ask the plebs, why would he bribe such a rich man, he is not stupid after all. Tell them that the Praetor is obviously the underhanded one, he who throws coin around to buy the hearts of the plebs. Tell them they owe him no obligation, but should enjoy his coin none the less for they have made no promises. Or something like that.

Caepio smiles at both men.

"Even though I may be well renowned among the plebs, I am too new in the senate and I believe you would be more suited to the task, by the way Caepio I was just merely stating that it would be in our advantage to form an alliance and support each other in the votes. We all don't particularly like Cotta and Tuscus as they treat us like common people. Gentleman, I highly recommend that we form an alliance or at least stick together

You make no sense Quintus, who else would you be speaking too but the plebs?

"I said it wrong, I am well-renowned among the people from where I used to live and I am pretty much unknown anywhere else"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12