Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MAUM (Rolling Release)

Default MAUM (Rolling Release)

Hello!

I decided to take a stab at creating a rolling release unit pack. (Rolling since I plan to continually update with new factions and units as time progresses.) It's not another additional unit mod, it's a more additional units mod!

I. The Factions
    A. Sweden
    There are already a few unit packs out there for Sweden. But, at the current moment, the download links no longer work or they are outdated and do not work. Since there seems to be much interest in this nation, I decided to do them first. MAUM adds 14 total units to Sweden.
    The Units
    Here's a list of unit card pictures:
    Unit Pics

II. Download and Installation
    Go to inkleined.com/ntw_non_tailored. Download link and install instructions are at the bottom of the page. There's also much more information about the units there, too.

III. Help
    A. Feedback: If I have gotten any information wrong, please let me know so that I may correct it. This includes broken links, ambiguous writing, wrong unit names, etc. I play mostly LME, so the unit stats that I have for the units may be a bit off from vanilla resulting in overpowered units. If this is the case, let me know.
    B. Pictures and Information: If you have additional pictures and/or information, let me know. I will be looking for new units to add into the pack.
    IV. What's Next
    I'm thinking of adding units to Italy and Confederation of the Rhine nations.

V. Credits
    Thanks to:

Last edited by AClockworkOrange; January 11, 2012 at 11:38 AM. Reason: correcting bad English
    I don't always talk in tautologies, but when I do, I talk in tautologies.

Decanus

Icon10 Re: MAUM (Rolling Release)

It´s really good to know that new people is working on new units packs. Good luck in this mod, i´m happy to read the following phrase: "It's not another additional unit mod, it's a more additional units mod!" .
    I´ll try these swedish units once i return home. Thank you vey much for the effort and passion.
    Cheers from Buenos Aires, Argentina

Prince of Essling's Avatar Napoleonic Enthusiast
    Patrician

Default Re: MAUM (Rolling Release)

Excellent stuff + Rep, will keep am eye on this.

As to help:

List of Unit names at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=466633

Uniform info at:
    Useful colour plates on Swedish uniforms http://www.swordandsabre.com/serv02.htm
    Swedish Uniforms, circa 1810. http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/c_swedishuniforms.html
    Finnish uniforms at http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypld...id=238777&word=
    Swedish uniforms at http://digitalgallery.nypl.org/nypld...&level=2&tword= (though mixed in with Norwegian!)

If you need anymore (including other states/nations) give me a shout....
    Sign DLC petition for improved map for NTW
    Useful Websites |Napoleon: Masters of Europe |
    The Wardrobe of 1805 |Napoleon: Art of War|
    Frederick the Great: Art of War|
    Under the Patronage of Gunny
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts."

Good job AClockworkOrange it's always great to see new talents onboard twc
    +rep

Three questions :
    so the unit stats that I have for the units may be a bit off from vanilla resulting in overpowered units
    unit stats not="vanila"?

In game it too so?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

and ...
    It isn't similar to originals

But in whole good work

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

@Reitar-13:
    1. Unit stats are not vanilla, although I tried to match closely to other existing units.
    2. The icons in the game do have the black circle around the units. In order to put the pics on the web, I convert the tga files that appear in the game to jpegs. Converting between formats is not always a clean process. I don't know why the black appears on some pics but not others.
    3. Right now I only know how to change body parts and colors in existing uniforms. I don't know how to edit atlas files, yet; thus I can't get like the originals in every aspect. I would really like to learn how to edit atlas files, though since it would help me get closer to the originals.
    Last edited by AClockworkOrange; January 16, 2012 at 07:49 PM.

Ok. Good luck.
    Last edited by Yaropolk; January 19, 2012 at 01:44 PM.

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Can you add this to your lme maum?
    +rep

V.E.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Could Corsica be placed on your "to-do" list? Thanks!

bah, I meant Sardinia, not Corsica...that one is owned by France.

@VENNONETES
    It wouldn't be too hard to do that. It should take a couple of weeks, though, as I've been swamped here lately.

@drummer2177
    Would you happen to have pictures or links to pictures? I'll check and see what I have. If I have anything, it probably isn't much.

Decanus

Icon14 Re: MAUM (Rolling Release)

Excelletn work Sir!. Very well done, you deserve a Rep

Can you give the permission to use LME MAUM and this MAUM to Darth for Darthmod Napoleon? It will be great!

V.E.

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

@VENNONETES
    Sure! It'd be an honor to be included in Darthmod!

Rep! Looking forward to seeing more of you work.

Quote Originally Posted by AClockworkOrange View Post
    2. The icons in the game do have the black circle around the units. In order to put the pics on the web, I convert the tga files that appear in the game to jpegs. Converting between formats is not always a clean process. I don't know why the black appears on some pics but not others.
    Because you changed not only alpha-channel. You changed all layers of these two icons
    Last edited by Yaropolk; May 09, 2012 at 01:39 AM.

Vennonetes summoned me. Great project you start. Once you will finish it and since you give the permission, your work will be included to DarthMod with full credits

@AClockworkOrange

The pack included in LME3 is finished, so you can give it to darth? Just a question

OLD SIG

Decanus

Icon7 Re: MAUM (Rolling Release)

This mod is great. But a little correction must be done to the skirmishers included here (if i´m not wrong theres are 3 different regiments of this type). They appear with their rifles with bayonets, what is really awful since they seem to be floating and not attached to the main weapon. But the solution is rather simple, only tweak a couple of DB files and it´s done.

I am trying to adapt this mod to be included in the upcoming DarthMod Napoleon.
    However, only the Swedish unit pack works.
    The other maum_nap_lme.pack creates a CTD at start up.
    Has anyone used it and played with it?
    Maybe the new patch damaged it?
    Please reply urgently in order to finalise DarthMod quickly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast