Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would humanity have the right to extinguish alien races? [.Mitch. v Aanker] discussion thread

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Would humanity have the right to extinguish alien races? [.Mitch. v Aanker] discussion thread

Wise quote brother! Beware the Xenos, the Aliens, the Mutants!

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Would humanity have the right to extinguish alien races? [.Mitch. v Aanker] discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Wise quote brother! Beware the Xenos, the Aliens, the Mutants!
    Did the Mechanicum not get all of its technology from a C'tan? Was the human race not created by the Old Ones? Was the Emperor even human?

Anyway, we already extinguish species here, so why could we not extinguish life elsewhere?

Didn't 'Avatar' put this whole issue to rest?

In other words, yes we should definitely try to exterminate alien races, unless they have flying dragons. And big trees.
    Last edited by Point Blank; February 28, 2012 at 01:34 AM.

if we make a game theoretical analysis it is a prisoners dilemma, so, we should at first, if we make a deeper one, we find out its actually an ininetly iterated prisoners dilemma with 100% probability so it will be incredibly harmful to our own survival to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Christonikos View Post
    Anyways, since we have the right to destroy our own race, who cares about aliens?
    [Darth Vader Style]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

1. Well there`s the all encompassing... `Right of Might.` the stronger has the right to do whatever he wants. It works for most people when they know they`re too strong to lose, ie Avatar (oh wait, they did lose).

2.And then there`s the right of morality... `What you are doing is morally wrong to me, so change or die.` Works often.

3.Then there`s the Self defence `If we don`t kill them they will kill us`. This might be viable if they really are wanting to kill us. Also works as a lie.

4.And then there`s the `Live and let live, no one deserves to die just because they exist.` people still have problems with this.

I am of the last opinion. kind of pointless thread though as we don`t have any Aliens to worry about yet.

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

There are only two rules in this universe:

1. Weaks are dominated by strongs.

2. Dead men would remain dead, without hope and future.

Rest is free for all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

AqD's Avatar 。◕‿◕。

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    There are only two rules in this universe:

1. Weaks are dominated by strongs.

2. Dead men would remain dead, without hope and future.

Rest is free for all.
    1.Does domination make the strongs better?

2.Where's hope or future in a world where strongs kill weaks?

Nobody can be strong forever. One day you'll become weak, and you'll be dominated or even killed. Is this the world you want to live in?

Menelik_I's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Republic of Angola, Permitte divis cetera.

I am a xenofacist, I say we extinguish any planet that dare oppose the Terran might in the galaxy.
    « Le courage est toujours quelque chose de saint, un jugement divin entre deux idées. Défendre notre cause de plus en plus vigoureusement est conforme à la nature humaine. Notre suprême raison d’être est donc de lutter ; on ne possède vraiment que ce qu’on acquiert en combattant. »Ernst Jünger
    La Guerre notre Mère (Der Kampf als inneres Erlebnis), 1922, trad. Jean Dahel, éditions Albin Michel, 1934

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

I will make it simplistic.

first case : Aliens can organize themselves into state.
    So let's say if one European country have the right to exterminate the population of USA, Russia, Iran, Somalia or South Korea then yes humanity have the right.

second case : Aliens can't organize themselves in more advanced way than animals
    So if humanity have the right to exterminate bears, wolves, spider, mosquito or any other animal the same goes with aliens.

For myself I say let's exterminate each others. Humans animals and aliens alike. Life is so boring and annoying. Lets' have some fun.

I always prefer raping to exterminating! Save the virgins for me please!

Menelik_I's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Republic of Angola, Permitte divis cetera.

Quote Originally Posted by irelandeb View Post
    I always prefer raping to exterminating! Save the virgins for me please!
    Nothing Japanese style please ... we gotta do this the human way, kill the males and leave the women for the Nanking in Space !
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    (Chineses and Gays won't be please by the reference ... but who cares )
    « Le courage est toujours quelque chose de saint, un jugement divin entre deux idées. Défendre notre cause de plus en plus vigoureusement est conforme à la nature humaine. Notre suprême raison d’être est donc de lutter ; on ne possède vraiment que ce qu’on acquiert en combattant. »Ernst Jünger
    La Guerre notre Mère (Der Kampf als inneres Erlebnis), 1922, trad. Jean Dahel, éditions Albin Michel, 1934

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

There is no such thing as right here... You guys actually believe than an extra-solar alien civilization would abide the UN laws?...

I'd say we nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...

Rights are social constructs relative to humanity. In other words: they are delusional. So the question should not be "would humanity have the right...", but rather "would humanity claim the right". Since humanity invented these rights, humanity can apply or withdraw them at will.

What we objectively do have, however, is free will. Free will to act upon our moral intuition with which every human is gifted.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

Quote Originally Posted by aqd View Post
    1.Does domination make the strongs better?

2.Where's hope or future in a world where strongs kill weaks?

Nobody can be strong forever. One day you'll become weak, and you'll be dominated or even killed. Is this the world you want to live in?
    Words of pure wisdom.

Killing Aliens is stupid in the extreme. We're probably just some upstart barbarians to them, what chance do we have anyways? We're a weak, frail people, divided by Millenia of Warfare. The guys here think that Humanity is All-Powerful. Look at what happened to Rome, it will happen again.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

In the Grim Darkness of the 41st Millennium, There is Only War!
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

Nizam89's Avatar Ducenarius

Raping Alien females? Holy crap! You guys surpassed Sci-Fi Authors.
    "I warn every animal on this farm to keep his eyes very wide open."
    Pig Schwatzwutz
    NASA's biggest blunder was not having Neil Armstrong say, " That's one small step for man,....hey, that looks like gold!"

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Quote Originally Posted by SuperTechmarine View Post
    Words of pure wisdom.

Killing Aliens is stupid in the extreme. We're probably just some upstart barbarians to them, what chance do we have anyways? We're a weak, frail people, divided by Millenia of Warfare. The guys here think that Humanity is All-Powerful. Look at what happened to Rome, it will happen again.
    What if said aliens are less advanced?
    Last edited by Blatta Optima Maxima; September 18, 2012 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blatta Optima Maxima View Post
    What if said aliens are less advanced?
    I would say: Derp.

Jk

United Nations of Space and Aliens, includes free dental healthcare and very hot Eldar wimminz!

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

It's more likely as could we be capable of doing it? Would the Europeans be able to conquer the native Americans had they were welcomed with automatic rifle fire?
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast