Thread: Really Bulletproof Samurai Minimod

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Icon14 Really Bulletproof Samurai Minimod

I've done it ! Now : Bulletproof samurai is much more bulletproof !
    The unit seems quiet balanced. Anyone have the right to use this in his mod without asking me, or even change some stats. Just mention quickly "Goutlard's Bulletproof Samurai Minimod"

Really Bulletproof Samurai :

New Bulletproof Samurai v1 :

1 chance / 2 or 3 to get killed when wounded by musket. Quiet balanced at melee, really powerfull if hadn't faced musket fires (3HP in melee) but less if wounded (and, that's realistic )
    HP : +2
    Size : -40
    Attack : +1
    Defence : -5
    Charge : +2
    Armour : +1
    Speed : -0.5 (Out of 3.5 when walking)
    Morale : +1

New Bulletproof Samurai v2 :
    A bit better basically.
    HP : +2
    Size : -40
    Attack : +2
    Defence : -5
    Charge : +4
    Armour : +1
    Speed : -0,5
    Morale : +2
    Last edited by Goutlard; June 08, 2012 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Re-Upload

Default Re: Really Bulletproof Samurai

I heard that the bulletproof funktion don't work. I think the unit have the name only because it's a heavy armoured Yari-Samurai. They have the same armour value like the naginata-samurai.
    You can try to change the hitpoints against projectiles in battle_enties, but when I did(I change to 22)this it doesn't work good(They are very bulletproof, but they are imvulnerable in melee, too).
    I think when you change the hitpoints to 3(a little better than heros), it will work good.

I hope this help you.

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

You are on the right track, but the game is probably computing the "0" entry to be nothing. In the Sekigahara Campaign I used "0.55" instead of the default "0.7". I can't always be sure if it took effect, but the unit seemed a hell of a lot more effective against matchlock fire.

So, just try a lower value using "0.x", where x is any number below 7. Avoid a flat "0" and just mess around with numbers until you consider the unit to be more effective.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

@Greek Firetrhorwer : Good idea, I am going to try setting higher hitpoints, but I learn modding by myself, and I only know very basic modding such as editing values in Unit_Stats/Unit Tables/KV tables and there is no

Projectile Resistance
    Bulletproof samurai : 1

so I really don't know what to do !
    Can you explain me what ID shall I edit [By ID I mean for e.g. : shogun_inf_missile_ashigaru_naval ]

@Anton III : I've now tried with 0.1 [0.1 is really very few, my bulletproof samurais shall havevery few casualities !] to see if that makes a difference, actually, yes but that's not enough.
    Against ashigaru musketeers, my bulletproof soldier take +/- 10 less casualities then before with the value set to 0.1 !
    Last edited by Goutlard; January 11, 2012 at 08:11 AM.

@Greek Firetrhorwer : Good idea, I am going to try setting higher hitpoints, but I learn modding by myself, and I only know very basic modding such as editing values in Unit_Stats/Unit Tables/KV tables and there is no

Projectile Resistance
    Bulletproof samurai : 1

so I really don't know what to do !
    Can you explain me what ID shall I edit [By ID I mean for e.g. : shogun_inf_missile_ashigaru_naval ]
    When you want that the bulletproof and the naginata samurai have 2 HP, you must change the last columns of "shogun_inf_naginata". This entry have the bulletproof, too. (The bulletproof aren't slower than the "normal" naginata samurai).
    When you want to make the bulletproof slower, you must change the Walk1 and Run1 columns. Also must you add a new column called maybe "shogun_inf_bulletproof" (the name isn't important).
    Then you can change the HP and add the "shogun_inf_bulletproof" in unit_stats_land_tables in infanty battle enties.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek Firethrower View Post
    When you want that the bulletproof and the naginata samurai have 2 HP, you must change the last columns of "shogun_inf_naginata". This entry have the bulletproof, too. (The bulletproof aren't slower than the "normal" naginata samurai).
    When you want to make the bulletproof slower, you must change the Walk1 and Run1 columns. Also must you add a new column called maybe "shogun_inf_bulletproof" (the name isn't important).
    Then you can change the HP and add the "shogun_inf_bulletproof" in unit_stats_land_tables in infanty battle enties.
    That's exactly what I've done.
    I added a new column called Bulletproof_Samurai, taken the Naginata stats, slowed down the unit by 0,5 and set HP to 3.

Results :
    Bulletproof samurai before against european mercenaries : 40 survivors out of 120
    New bulletproof samurai : 70 survivors out of 90

that's hell better !

Default Re: Really Bulletproof Samurai Minimod

thanks for this, hope it still works for FotS

In Fall Of the Samurai soldiers are somehow more resistant to bullets. But I am testing it !
    I think a new version will come soon...
    Wind from the East's Awards :

I think this is because FOTS units use a different projectile than shogun 2 matchlock.