Thread: Proper Build Order?

Default Proper Build Order?

I love this mod, but I'm having a real struggle making sense of proper settlement construction order. I've looked at the "What you should know" thread but the build order there doesn't give me a decent sense of what I'm trying to actually accomplish.

I've been able to navigate so far by sheer luck with easier Romano-type factions who have big income at the start and after enough investment, any build order yields large increases. I decided to try my hand at the Picts though, and on top of having a very small-yield capitol, I don't know what build order is going to help me jump start my economy best.

I know I need the chieftain hall line of buildings to boost the farm income, but I'm still just unsure of a general build order or what buildings actually do what.

Does anybody have input specific to the Picts, or even just farming/barbaric factions in general? Right now I seem to just buy whatever is cheapest and hope it pays off, with a bit of a focus on the chieftain halls and farms. Also, a recommended building tech tree or building map or something would be awesome, with perhaps some descriptions of how each building affects each other!

Any input is greatly appreciated, and a big thanks to the awesome team who put this mod together! It's seriously making me consider installing RTW and try EB1 out.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Default Re: Proper Build Order?

My philosophy is : Anything that in any way boost the income of farming,mining and trade must be build first.

Envers et contre tous...et c'est tant mieux ainsi ! Ze political profile

Default Re: Proper Build Order?

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    I love this mod, but I'm having a real struggle making sense of proper settlement construction order. I've looked at the "What you should know" thread but the build order there doesn't give me a decent sense of what I'm trying to actually accomplish.

I've been able to navigate so far by sheer luck with easier Romano-type factions who have big income at the start and after enough investment, any build order yields large increases. I decided to try my hand at the Picts though, and on top of having a very small-yield capitol, I don't know what build order is going to help me jump start my economy best.

I know I need the chieftain hall line of buildings to boost the farm income, but I'm still just unsure of a general build order or what buildings actually do what.

Does anybody have input specific to the Picts, or even just farming/barbaric factions in general? Right now I seem to just buy whatever is cheapest and hope it pays off, with a bit of a focus on the chieftain halls and farms. Also, a recommended building tech tree or building map or something would be awesome, with perhaps some descriptions of how each building affects each other!

Any input is greatly appreciated, and a big thanks to the awesome team who put this mod together! It's seriously making me consider installing RTW and try EB1 out.
    Its a good question. Certain players have certain styles but we re trying to have the factions best played as they actually did historically.

The Picts were raiders like the new Germanic newcomers in Britain but they also were a settled people with a long traditional history to their inhabited land. We have set them up to where their provincial populations(not settlements as pop refers to provinces) are high unlike the Germanic on the island. Also the Dal Raita/Scotti tribes are becoming a significant thread to your west. They are designed for raids but at the same time rooted and need a developed economy to continue thriving, especially if they are to defend and expand.

This approach we are hoping to fully apply in our next upgrade

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod