Thread: No Christianity?

Default No Christianity?

I was playing as the Ikko Ikki and I noticed, I was the only non-Buddhist clan. Its about turn 50, and Christianity was never introduced to my clan and none of the clans have converted. Is this a bug?

Default Re: No Christianity?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyzoran View Post
    I was playing as the Ikko Ikki and I noticed, I was the only non-Buddhist clan. Its about turn 50, and Christianity was never introduced to my clan and none of the clans have converted. Is this a bug?
    Not many clans convert, and those who do usually get ganked quickly. And I didn't get introduced to christianity either. I dunno if it's because the Ikki are far from Christians or because they're fanatical bhuddists, but its probably both.
    I salute those who took the Hungarian Phrasebook simply because of the quote!

I shouldn't imagine the Ikko ikki get access to Christianity cus of their fanaticism, it just wouldn't be right from a realism perspective. But I rarely see more than 2 or 3 clans convert to Christianity in campaigns and sometimes no one ever does - it's just the luck of the draw.

riknap's Avatar Miles
    A former Spanish Colony, then an American Commonwealth, then an independent Republic

Ikko-ikki are, historically and as game depicted, not Shinto-Buddhists (or more correctly, neither Shinto nor "mainstream" Buddhists). Analogically, they're like Protestants where the Buddhist are Catholics (not entirely accuratey, but you get the point).
    That said, it wouldn't be right for them to convert to Christianity (of whatever form) in-game, which is simply like the Teutonic Knights deciding to embrace paganism (of whatever form).
    Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember
    Nothing is true.
    Where other men are limited by morality or law, remember
    Everything is permitted.
    We work in the dark to serve the light. We are assassins.
    Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

that's not what he's asking. he's saying that there was a lack of christian factions present in his campaign. i just did a hattori campaign and noticed the same thing.
    i love www.twcenter.net, formerly known as www.kidswhocantreadgood.com

Quote Originally Posted by Doom M.D. View Post
    that's not what he's asking. he's saying that there was a lack of christian factions present in his campaign. i just did a hattori campaign and noticed the same thing.
    There never has been anything but a lack of christians. Shimazu and Shoni are the only two clans who regularly convert, and they usually get killed of around turn 30.

It'd be fun if more clans would turn to christianity, I must admit that.
    I salute those who took the Hungarian Phrasebook simply because of the quote!

Kambe's Avatar Biarchus

Playing with Date, hope i get nanban event soon because I don't think I can keep turtling any longer because Oda is taking over central Japan and allies are getting stronger and getting more territory.

Don't preorder games!

The Shoni always seem to be powerhouses in most of my campaigns. In one, they conquered almost all of western japan. They killed the Shimazu, they killed the Mori, and they were attacking me, and I was the Oda or the Takeda.

Just finished a campaign where 3 of the last 5 remaining clans were Christian - the Ito, the Sagara and the Shoni. It all comes down to chance whether or not Christianity will appear or not. It was turn 50 or so before I got the chance to build a Nanban Trade Port

Pietrak's Avatar Biarchus

Christianity is more likely to appear among the western clans like Shimazu.

riknap's Avatar Miles
    A former Spanish Colony, then an American Commonwealth, then an independent Republic

gameplay-wise, the AI only seems to convert if they have a nanban port already.
    That said, only the southern clans (or western on the game map), mostly those on Kyushu island and on rare instances those on Shikoku island, tend to convert to Christianity
    Where other men blindly follow the truth, remember
    Nothing is true.
    Where other men are limited by morality or law, remember
    Everything is permitted.
    We work in the dark to serve the light. We are assassins.
    Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

It's not a bug. Ikko Ikki are religious radicals, they can't neither convert to traditional Buddhism nor to Christianity.

I had Shoni try to convert the Shimazu lands to Christianity, causing quite a bit of unrest there. As Chosokabe, I took advantage of the situation and killed them both, taking the western island to myself. Two birds with one stone.