Thread: I really like this mod but... (getting back loading screens and portraits)

Default I really like this mod but... (getting back loading screens and portraits)

Godd day fellow LME-fans!
    I really like the diversity and historical accuracy of this mod, especially of thew units and I also like the new and tweaked technologies, BUT I have to say that I prefere the vanilla loading screens and the 'Halloween'-portraits. I hope the modders dont feel offended by this, but I really like the dark tone setted by the original artworks (the carricature loading screens are somewhat educational, but still carricatures), plus the portraits are afaik redesigned original portraits. So I wonder if theres a way to get the vanilla portraits and loading screens back. I still got all the vanilla files. it wouldnt be to bad if this was impossible, I still would prefere this mod over vanilla
    Usually I am all for historical accuracy but the different styles of the portraits give somehow a patchwork feeling to me and overal atmosphere and ambient are almost as in some areas as important as authenticity.
    btw: I am not sure about the music aswell, can this be "backmodded" theoretically?

Thank you a lot for this mod

zp

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Default Re: I really like this mod but... (getting back loading screens and portraits)

Use the pack file manager and delete the loading screens, portraits and music out of the LME files? Its done in 2-3 minutes and its not needed to make a new version for every out of it. Can be done by anyone in less then 5 minutes
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Default Re: I really like this mod but... (getting back loading screens and portraits)

Thank you a lot for your answer, but i couldnt find the entries for the portraits, are they also in the graphics.pack?
    EDIT: Hmm, just deleting doesnt do it, when loading a campaign, I see the old loading screen, but then it crashes... Well if maybe I just have to get used to the LME graphics
    EDIT2: Ok these ctd has got sth to do with the music pack, because I tried to unistall it and now, having it installed again it works.... May I have to change the userscript...? I cant get LME to work without the music pack.
    Thank you again
    Last edited by ZiegenPeter; January 11, 2012 at 08:52 AM.