Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: RR/RC for The Last Kingdom (released)

Default Re: RR/RC for The Last Kingdom (released)

You have to extract it to where? To the "mods" folder? Or extract and then cut and paste into the "mods" folder?

The advantage of my method is that people will know exactly what to make back-ups of.

I mentioned your automated method in the first post.

Anyone else have the crash from start campaign back to the previous menu? It doesn't happen without RR/RC installed. I deleted my old copy and uninstalled everything. Now I'm redownloading RR/RC, hoping that its just a file that got corrupted. I've read through alot of this thread and the bug thread and haven't seen any help to my problem. I'm running win7, with UAC turned off.

Tried cutting and pasting each file individually. No menu crash, but RR/RC wasn't installed. So I tried copying and pasting the whole group. Again, RR/RC wasn't installed. So I extracted into the Kingdoms data folder. And the crash is back, but from the custom battle I can see RR/RC is installed.

Any help would be appreciated. This is driving me nuts.

The most important thing to understand from the Bug Thread is that unless you post your log, you are unlikely to receive help, since modders can't guess where the problem is. Well, they can guess, but the log makes things much simpler.

Is it just the latest version of RR/RC that's causing problems? Are you sure you replaced all the files? Did you delete map.rwm? If the unit stats weren't changed by replacing the EDU, that's very strange. I use Windows XP, so I have no experience with UAC or VirtualStore, other than that they are horrible things that screw things up.

I'll hold off on further speculation until I've seen your log.

Tried deleting map.rwm but no dice. It took forever like it does the first time it loads to the campaign map but went back to the previous menu. Umm, how can I post a log if it doesn't crash?

It seems it's just the latest version of RR/RC. I even deleted my old download from a few months ago and re downloaded and installed it. The game works until RR is installed. Then it just reverts back to the previous menu.
    Last edited by dahooscarl; March 15, 2013 at 10:36 PM.

Heres my log. Pretty sure i did it right. I'm looking into the descr_strat file now.

20:43:41.907 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    20:43:41.916 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    20:43:41.919 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    20:43:41.920 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    20:43:41.920 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    20:43:41.921 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    20:43:41.922 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    20:43:41.922 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    20:43:56.516 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : unrecognised record id Norman Horsed Bodyguard requested.

20:44:02.242 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt, at line 3077, column 1
    The character record Lendrmağr Guttorm the Honest is set as faction heir but is not in the family tree.

I remember that Guttorm error. According to Gigantus, it's not a fatal one. I made him part of the family tree and the game worked, but I will try removing him again. Since he is a part of the family tree, you shouldn't be getting that error. Check descr_strat and see if he is or not.

I just checked descr_strat and campaign_script and there are no mentions of the Norman Horsed Bodyguard. What happens if you remove all the ; from that entry in the EDU? Now the game will be able to see the unit, but it won't be used anywhere, so try that.

Even if there is no crash, if the campaign doesn't start there will be a log. There is always a log being kept. If there wasn't, there'd never be a log at all, since the game can't anticipate crashes and turn on the log when one is near.

Fixed the issue. For some reason descr_strat was copying to the data folder and not the imperial_campaign folder. I opened the old file in notepad and pasted in the new and saved. Works beautifully now.

Did you do it by hand or did you use that guy's automated method?

I had a feeling this wasn't caused by me. ^^

saneel's Avatar Senator

where is the link for newest version 2.0? tnx
    Last edited by saneel; March 29, 2013 at 03:54 PM.

saneel's Avatar Senator

isnt that latest RR/RC version? i want to play with latest version but now i am confused which one is it,..

The files in the first post of this thread.

I do have to make some further alterations, though.

Dear k/t,

I want very much to try The Last Kingdom with your RR/RC mod. So I have d/led and installed 3.05, then 3.06, then the Hotfix, and then copied/pasted the different files that you kindly provide. However, when I click on a faction, I have the following error message: "(Medieval 2) Odin help us! Something went wrong and only Thor might know what. I have no idea what happened, so I am exiting now." I am very much stupid wrt to IT, so I don't know how to get the "log" as you said. And I don't know whether I should delete "map.rwm". Could you guide me (or just tell me how to get to the log, and if I should first delete map.rwm)?

Thank you very much for any help,

FFJean

D:\SEGA\Medieval 2 Total War\logs

You can just rename it to mapx.rwm, and the game will generate a new one. If things go wrong, you can then delete the new one and rename mapx.rwm back to map.rwm.

It would have been a good idea to try the mod without my files first, to make sure it works. That way we'd know if the problem was with TLK or with my submod. I recommend you do that.

Dear k/t,

First, many thanks for your quick and kind answer to a stupid guy like me.
    I have tried the mapx.rwm name change, but to no avail. Same result.
    For reinstalling and checking each, is the better thing to just get rid of the "Last_Kingdom" folder in Medieval II TW/mods and just reinstall, forst 3.05 (and testing it), then 3.06 (and testing it), then the hotfix (again testing it) and finally your mod?

If by any chance it could be obvious, here is the (long) log I copied in /logs:

"11:19:03.311 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    11:19:03.311 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    11:19:03.315 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    11:19:03.315 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    11:19:03.316 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    11:19:03.316 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    11:19:03.317 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    11:19:03.317 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    11:19:08.548 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 199, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Bloodaxe) level(Bloodaxe).
    11:19:08.548 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 200, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Bloodaxe) level(Bloodaxe_desc).
    11:19:08.548 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 201, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Bloodaxe) level(Bloodaxe_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.548 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 214, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Adalstenfostre) level(Adalstenfostre).
    11:19:08.548 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 215, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Adalstenfostre) level(Adalstenfostre_desc).
    11:19:08.549 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 216, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Adalstenfostre) level(Adalstenfostre_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.549 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 227, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Sulke) level(Sulke).
    11:19:08.549 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 228, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Sulke) level(Sulke_desc).
    11:19:08.549 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 229, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Sulke) level(Sulke_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.549 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 239, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Sote) level(Sote).
    11:19:08.549 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 240, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Sote) level(Sote_desc).
    11:19:08.549 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 241, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Sote) level(Sote_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.549 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 251, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(The_hard) level(The_hard).
    11:19:08.549 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 252, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(The_hard) level(The_hard_desc).
    11:19:08.549 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 253, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(The_hard) level(The_hard_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.549 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 264, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Haklang) level(Haklang).
    11:19:08.549 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 265, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Haklang) level(Haklang_desc).
    11:19:08.549 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 266, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Haklang) level(Haklang_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.549 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 276, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Hryg) level(Hryg).
    11:19:08.549 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 277, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Hryg) level(Hryg_desc).
    11:19:08.549 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 278, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Hryg) level(Hryg_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.549 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 288, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(The_rich) level(The_rich).
    11:19:08.550 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 289, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(The_rich) level(The_rich_desc).
    11:19:08.550 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 290, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(The_rich) level(The_rich_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.550 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 300, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Eirikson) level(Eirikson).
    11:19:08.550 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 301, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Eirikson) level(Eirikson_desc).
    11:19:08.550 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 302, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Eirikson) level(Eirikson_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.550 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 313, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Sigurdson2) level(Sigurdson2).
    11:19:08.550 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 314, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Sigurdson2) level(Sigurdson2_desc).
    11:19:08.550 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 315, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Sigurdson2) level(Sigurdson2_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.550 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 327, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Tryggvason) level(Tryggvason).
    11:19:08.550 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 328, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Tryggvason) level(Tryggvason_desc).
    11:19:08.550 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 329, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Tryggvason) level(Tryggvason_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.550 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 342, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(TheSaint) level(TheSaint).
    11:19:08.550 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 343, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(TheSaint) level(TheSaint_desc).
    11:19:08.550 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 344, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(TheSaint) level(TheSaint_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.550 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 356, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Hardraade) level(Hardraade).
    11:19:08.550 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 357, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Hardraade) level(Hardraade_desc).
    11:19:08.550 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 358, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Hardraade) level(Hardraade_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.550 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 370, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Gangerolv) level(Gangerolv).
    11:19:08.550 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 371, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Gangerolv) level(Gangerolv_desc).
    11:19:08.551 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 372, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Gangerolv) level(Gangerolv_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.551 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 412, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Mori) level(Mori).
    11:19:08.551 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 413, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Mori) level(Mori_desc).
    11:19:08.551 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 414, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Mori) level(Mori_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.551 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 425, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Audbjorn) level(Mori).
    11:19:08.551 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 426, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Audbjorn) level(Audbjorn_desc).
    11:19:08.551 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 427, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Audbjorn) level(Audbjorn_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.551 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 439, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Klove) level(Klove).
    11:19:08.551 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 440, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Klove) level(Klove_desc).
    11:19:08.551 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 441, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Klove) level(Klove_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.551 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 454, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Nokkve) level(Nokkve).
    11:19:08.551 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 455, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Nokkve) level(Nokkve_desc).
    11:19:08.551 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 456, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Nokkve) level(Nokkve_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.551 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 466, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Dovrefostre) level(Dovrefostre).
    11:19:08.551 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 467, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Dovrefostre) level(Dovrefostre_desc).
    11:19:08.551 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 468, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Dovrefostre) level(Dovrefostre_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.551 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 479, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Huntjov) level(Huntjov).
    11:19:08.552 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 480, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Huntjov) level(Huntjov_desc).
    11:19:08.552 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 481, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Huntjov) level(Huntjov_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.552 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 492, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Herlaug) level(Herlaug).
    11:19:08.552 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 493, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Herlaug) level(Herlaug_desc).
    11:19:08.552 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 494, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Herlaug) level(Herlaug_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.552 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 505, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Oysteinson) level(Oysteinson).
    11:19:08.552 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 506, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Oysteinson) level(Oysteinson_desc).
    11:19:08.552 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 507, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Oysteinson) level(Oysteinson_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.552 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 519, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Gandalvson) level(Gandalvson).
    11:19:08.552 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 520, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Gandalvson) level(Gandalvson_desc).
    11:19:08.552 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 521, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Gandalvson) level(Gandalvson_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.552 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 532, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Gryting) level(Gryting).
    11:19:08.552 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 533, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Gryting) level(Gryting_desc).
    11:19:08.552 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 534, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Gryting) level(Gryting_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.552 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 545, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Mjoe) level(Mjoe).
    11:19:08.552 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 546, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Mjoe) level(Mjoe_desc).
    11:19:08.552 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 547, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Mjoe) level(Mjoe_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.552 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 560, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Gandalv) level(Gandalv).
    11:19:08.552 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 561, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Gandalv) level(Gandalv_desc).
    11:19:08.553 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 562, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Gandalv) level(Gandalv_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.553 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 574, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Hladir) level(Hladir).
    11:19:08.553 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 575, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Hladir) level(Hladir_desc).
    11:19:08.553 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 576, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Hladir) level(Hladir_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.553 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 589, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Sigurdson) level(Sigurdson).
    11:19:08.553 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 590, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Sigurdson) level(Sigurdson_desc).
    11:19:08.553 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 591, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Sigurdson) level(Sigurdson_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.553 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 603, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Kaarason) level(Kaarason).
    11:19:08.553 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 604, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Kaarason) level(Kaarason_desc).
    11:19:08.553 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 605, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Kaarason) level(Kaarason_effects_desc).
    11:19:08.553 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 615, column 11
    Could'n find level name description string for trait(Gudbrand) level(Gudbrand).
    11:19:08.553 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 616, column 21
    Could'n find description string for trait(Gudbrand) level(Gudbrand_desc).
    11:19:08.553 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Last_Kingdom/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 617, column 28
    Could'n find effect description string for trait(Gudbrand) level(Gudbrand_effects_desc).
    11:19:20.824 [system.rpt] [error] Odin help us! Something went wrong and only Thor might know what.
    I have no idea what happened, so I am exiting now."

Thank you again, and best regards,

FFJean

"For reinstalling and checking each, is the better thing to just get rid of the "Last_Kingdom" folder in Medieval II TW/mods and just reinstall, forst 3.05 (and testing it), then 3.06 (and testing it), then the hotfix (again testing it) and finally your mod?"

Yes, that would be best.

Also make sure in your TLK .cfg you change this

[log]
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt
    #level = * trace ## detailed error log
    level = * error ## regular error log
    file = game.script.* logs/pkh.script2.log.txt

to this

[log]
    to = logs/M2TW.system.log.txt
    level = * trace ## detailed error log
    #level = * error ## regular error log
    file = game.script.* logs/pkh.script2.log.txt

Please put big things like the log in spoiler tags.

Dear k/t,

Thank you very much for your answer. I will delete the Last Kingdom mod folder, reinstall and test as per your instructions.
    2 stupid questions thought:
    - Regarding the TLK .cfg, where can I find it? With which program should I modify it?
    - Regarding the "spoiler tag", I don't know what you mean (I am not a native English speaker and very stupid with IT).

One last question, can I refer to your RR/RC guide (with reference to you of course) on the Kingdom mods/IBFD/CB sub forum? I think that Riothamus' mod has really great potential but may need a rationale approach to both combat values of the units and recruitment/upkeep costs and RR/RC could bring it in my humble opinion.

Thank you again and best regards,

FFJean

Dear k/t,

It seems that the first installation (3.05) is not working. I know that you are not the creator of the TLK mod, but maybe you can tell me where I can get detailed instructions on how to install it. I have downloaded from infracta.de a Last_Kingdom.7z folder. Inside it, regarding Last Kingdom 3.05, I have one Last Kingdom 3.05 exe (size 367,001,600), 1 Last Kingdom 3.05.D01 file (exactly the same size as the exe, 367,001,600) and 1 Last Kingdom.D02 file (204,942,336) as well as the further mods (Last Kingdom 3.06 which is also an exe and the hotfix I guess which is named 20121109 - tlK - historic_event - quick fix. My understanding from the install instructions given on the "download" section of the Last Kingdom is that I just have to run the 3.05 exe (with the 2 other 3.05 files in the same folder as the exe) to install it. However, when I did so, I only got in the TLK mod folder a folder called "data" but nothing else. And I can't launch TLK. So I guess that 3.05 was not totally installed. Could you tell me if I made a mistake, or if there are further instructions?

Sorry to bother you like this, and many thanks for your support,

FFJean