Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CSUR - Complete Sicilian Unit Roster

+Mr.Crow+'s Avatar VIVERE MILITARE EST

Default Re: CSUR - Complete Sicilian Unit Roster

You need to read the rules (condition of use) before...

Rules explain very well what you can do with CSUR and what you can't do with CSUR...follow them...you can read them in the 1st post of this thread...

Let me know if you accept them: in this case i will send you an invite to join the CSUR CLUB group and i will allow you to use CSUR material...
    BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 Co-Director
    PERSONAL PROJECTS: CSUR || WARWAGON

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!

Mr. Crow: Nice to see your extraordinary units in Bellum Crucis!

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by +Mr.Crow+ View Post
    You need to read the rules (condition of use) before...

Rules explain very well what you can do with CSUR and what you can't do with CSUR...follow them...you can read them in the 1st post of this thread...

Let me know if you accept them: in this case i will send you an invite to join the CSUR CLUB group and i will allow you to use CSUR material...
    Yes I have read them, at the minimum I'd hope to incorperate almost everything up to at least the HOHENSTAUFEN period but I do have some questions

mostly it concerns this.
    2) USE THE UNIT "PEASANTS" IN OTHER FACTIONS DIFFERENT FROM KINGDOM OF SICILY IF YOU USE AT LEAST 3 OTHER CSUR UNITS IN KINGDOM OF SICILY.
    For example then, the base roster consiste of

Peasants / Archers / Militia Spearmen / Crossbowmen But these guys are fairly universal across most of western Europe (possible exception would be Scandinavia and Scotland) . So does this rule apply to those units as well? and also, if we consider this then would the same apply to the Hohenstaufen period German Knights? aka that I could use it also for... you know... the HRE. This seems to also apply at least partially to things like Norman Knights (since in the begining of the 12th C the difference between one in Sicily and one in England would have been relatively limited, though it diverged considerablly later on). and of course Familia also kinda cross over to the early Norman England.

It is up to you of course, at the minimum I'll incorperate it base on your most strict interpertation, but I do kinda hope it is possible to at least open up the interpertation slightly
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Mr. Crow: Nice to see your extraordinary units in Bellum Crucis!
    Friend, they will be used in the next release (BC 7.0)

Quote Originally Posted by RollingWave View Post
    Yes I have read them, at the minimum I'd hope to incorperate almost everything up to at least the HOHENSTAUFEN period but I do have some questions

mostly it concerns this.

For example then, the base roster consiste of

Peasants / Archers / Militia Spearmen / Crossbowmen But these guys are fairly universal across most of western Europe (possible exception would be Scandinavia and Scotland) . So does this rule apply to those units as well? and also, if we consider this then would the same apply to the Hohenstaufen period German Knights? aka that I could use it also for... you know... the HRE. This seems to also apply at least partially to things like Norman Knights (since in the begining of the 12th C the difference between one in Sicily and one in England would have been relatively limited, though it diverged considerablly later on). and of course Familia also kinda cross over to the early Norman England.

It is up to you of course, at the minimum I'll incorperate it base on your most strict interpertation, but I do kinda hope it is possible to at least open up the interpertation slightly
    Archer, Militia Spearmen and Crossbowmen are not so universal...they have some particulars that are just used by sicilian army (the particular shape of the shield, the crossbow helmet, some of their clothes,ecc)

For Hohenstaufen is the same...Hohenstaufen knights use shield on wich there are coats of arms of many famous sicilian family of that period...so, they are hohenstafen nobles of south italy...

For Norman knights this kind of considerations is more marked...

They are not norman knight but SICULO-NORMAN knight: they use some equipment that is unique and that were used only by norman in south italy...

for exemple siculo norman use the helm that you see in my avatar....norman of england use different helms...

BTW, independently of this considerations, i can't change rules for the moment because i've a deal with my italian forum...

so, i'm sorry, but you have to follow them...if in future they change, i will advise you

I've added you in the list and soon i will send you the invite
    Last edited by +Mr.Crow+; March 11, 2012 at 03:46 AM.

As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

ok, understood
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

Friend, they will be used in the next release (BC 7.0)
    My mistake. I thought those Norman Barons were yours (and they have the "Southern Italy" helms, like your sig).
    Well, all the more to look forward to.
    Last edited by Cyprian2; March 11, 2012 at 11:57 PM.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Hey Mr Crow any news on the progress of the next instalment of CSUR?

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    Hey Mr Crow any news on the progress of the next instalment of CSUR?
    Hi Friend,

unfortunately, due to some engagements in real life, i don't know when i will complete this project.

I've restart it in this month, but i've done just 2 models on 11 planned....so i've still to create 9 models and i've a very little free time now...but i will try to continue this project also if the progress will be slowly...i really love it and i can't allow it dies so simply

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Thanks for the reply. And not to worry im sure all the fans are patient enough for your mod. Real life is always ahead of modding and it will delay it, this is expected. All the best!

Plumo's Avatar Decanus

True, real life comes always first.

We can only motivate you, cause your work is stunning.

Gorgeous units, great job!

I would like to use some of your units in my submod for a submod, Clash of Kingdoms (specifically for BGR V). Since I'm covering the period 1225 onwards, I'd be looking at the Hohenstauffen roster. Not entirely sure about the base roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaidonni View Post
    I would like to use some of your units in my submod for a submod, Clash of Kingdoms (specifically for BGR V). Since I'm covering the period 1225 onwards, I'd be looking at the Hohenstauffen roster. Not entirely sure about the base roster.
    Ok...i'm adding your mod to the list and i'm sending you the invite to the group

Ok...i'm adding your mod to the list and i'm sending you the invite to the group
    Thanks.

Hmmm, one problem though - I don't appear to have received any notification of the invitation. I already had three for other groups, cleared them out now in case there's a limit to the amount of notifications, but still nothing.

Icon1 Re: CSUR - Complete Sicilian Unit Roster

Wow this looks incredible. Are you considering expanding on this mod for other factions as well?

Quote Originally Posted by christopherjns3 View Post
    Wow this looks incredible.
    Thx

Quote Originally Posted by christopherjns3 View Post
    Are you considering expanding on this mod for other factions as well?
    No, i have not the time

I am curious about the German Knights - specifically in the photo (first page preview) of them dismounted, what kind of helmet is that??? The strange helmet worn by the fellow in the first rank with the blue shield with yellow/gold Lion Rampant.
    It's like a great helm, but it has some kinda of visor with large coin size holes attached at the very bottom. what is that? It look like the knight would be seeing through his teeth! It looks really cool don't get me wrong, just strange

is there a specific name for that type of helm / where did you find a source material for it ?

Dior Eluchil's Avatar Foederatus

These are very good units!

Quote Originally Posted by PrestigeX View Post
    I am curious about the German Knights - specifically in the photo (first page preview) of them dismounted, what kind of helmet is that??? The strange helmet worn by the fellow in the first rank with the blue shield with yellow/gold Lion Rampant.
    It's like a great helm, but it has some kinda of visor with large coin size holes attached at the very bottom. what is that? It look like the knight would be seeing through his teeth! It looks really cool don't get me wrong, just strange

is there a specific name for that type of helm / where did you find a source material for it ?

It's just a variant of the classical "great helm": it's something similar to this or this.

Anyway i don't like it so much, so in the next version of CSUR i will change the actual german knight model with this one more accurate and well done:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

In this new model, the soldier have new helms...

Quote Originally Posted by Dior Eluchil View Post
    These are very good units!
    Thx friend

WOW, Awesome Units. Wonderful Textures.
    Would you be so honest and give us your Permission to use your CSUR in our Mod "1237: Interregnum"?
    Until we get an own "Place" here in TWC (with the english version of 1648) you could take a look on 1237 at our german team board:
    http://www.infracta.de/wbb/forum/ind...&threadID=1584

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast