Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Change of Ownership

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Default Re: Change of Ownership

Hey does this mean I can push for change in moderation again?

Eat Meat Whale Meat
    Technical Staff Citizen Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rahl View Post
    Well, that's GED for us then!
    Better Ged than Red.

Obi Wan Asterix's Avatar IN MEDIO STAT VIRTUS
    Somewhere in a lost valley in the Italian Alps

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar View Post
    TWC has a new owner, your very own GED. The transfer of the site was decided 6 months ago with the unanimous consent of the Hexagon Council. As with the previous change of ownership, there was a 6 month period of secrecy, in order to give to the new owner the chance to feel comfortable into his role or abort the transfer. GED is feeling comfortable, I think.

I would like to thank you all for your support all this time, for your temperance (well, ehem) and for your tolerance towards our mistakes.

GED is "one of us", he needs no introduction, and he has already shown a very high level of commitment to the site.

I will be around.

Take care,
    Garb.
    Congratulations Garb...
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Prefer to stay at home? Try Asterix's Megamamoth FM2010 Update
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

They say a picture's worth a thousand words....Hence....

A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

First, thank you Garb for your stalwart leadership through the last few years and congradulations to GED.

Is it to late for a counter offer? Or can I atleast throw my hat into the ring for the next change of ownership? I'm putting together a team now to explore the possibility of ownership in the future. We just need to know who to bribe first to get the ball rolling. Seriously if I had to pick someone to have the keys it would be GED. This is great news.

y
    Last edited by y2day; January 09, 2012 at 07:32 PM.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Citizen Censor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane! View Post
    I for one welcome our new reptilean overlords and join the dissenting voices in predicting the sites inevitable demise under the authoritarian mandates of our new oppressors.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Grats GED my friend, I'm sure you will do fine and a special thanks to Garb for he's time with us.
    TIME TO DIE!!!! Proud Son of Viking Prince

m_1512's Avatar Quomodo vales?

Blog Entries

So, GED's out of ToS coverage??
    And Garb back in??

Ian?
    House of Caesers
    Under the patronage and son of Empress Meg
    Brother of the mighty Geat Carl von Döbeln

Graphics Workshop | My Graphics Gallery

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by m_1512 View Post
    So, GED's out of ToS coverage??
    And Garb back in??
    Nah, you can always call me names. I grew to like it, I think.

Harry Lime's Avatar Not a ToS violation
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Nah, you can always call me names. I grew to like it, I think.
    In my mind you'll always be Barbapapa.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Ian?
    Ian has passed the test. He will diminish, and go into the West, and remain Ian.
    Proud Patron of derdrakken, dave scarface, J@mes & irishron
    Indulging in the insight & intelligence of imb39

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

Congrats GED i know you'll run the site the right way, you've always been straight in your dealings.

Congratulations to the new owner! Does anyone here remember back when ogres net used to own TWC? it's been a long time since I've been here

Quote Originally Posted by Spirix View Post
    Congratulations to the new owner! Does anyone here remember back when ogres net used to own TWC? it's been a long time since I've been here
    I'm afraid I'm one of the few chiefo! Welcome back!

We kicked out Ogre in a general strike January 2007 then ushered in a great era of IMB39 which was succeeded by Garb who as you remember is one of us old-timers from the Spartan-Black Prince-Belisarius-Siblesz era of Ice and Fire its been very stable, with the Curia reduced to a hexagonal plaything and good times here. The biggest drama we get here is illicit soliciation from member to member, a bit of the old trolling and flaming and Ferrets has just been banned after a multi-year saga...

Good to have you back! Enjoy and feel free to ask or "message" me and see how many new user features there are.
    All are welcome to relax at Asterix's Campagnian Villa with its Vineyard and Scotchbarrel
    Progeny of the retired Great Acutulus (If you know who he is you have been at TWC too long) and wooer of fine wombs to spawn 21 curial whining snotslingers and be an absentee daddy to them

Longest Serving Staff Member of TWC under 3 Imperators** 1st Speaker of the House ** Original RTR Team Member (until 3.2) ** Knight of Saint John ** RNJ, Successors, & Punic Total War Team Member

TROM 3 Team - Founder of Ken no Jikan **** Back with a modding vengeance! Yes I will again promise to take on the work of 5 mods and dissapear!

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q

Quote Originally Posted by Spirix View Post
    ON! Yes I remember those times....with mixed feelings admittedly! Welcome back sir!

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent-Q View Post
    ON! Yes I remember those times....with mixed feelings admittedly! Welcome back sir!
    I think I hated your guts for a week or so, but then I hated everyone's guts for a week or so back then. And look where we are now!

I think I hated your guts for a week or so, but then I hated everyone's guts for a week or so back then. And look where we are now!
    Nothing a good Greek tripe soup "a-la Q and company" didn't manage to fix

Patsas me Domata!

Omnipotent-Q's Avatar All Powerful Q

Ah it was a case of "O tempora, O mores" in those dark times and good riddance to them! If it was played out in real face-to-face contact, I'd bet it would all make for a hilarious and moving story or film though. Beginning on the streets of Brisbane, and ending in sunny Colchester, The Fall of the Network is a giant roller coaster of a novel in 400 sizzling chapters. A searing indictment of "The Web" in the early 21st century, with some hot Gypsies thrown in. The first chapter can have plotting, planning, petting a lemur and laughing sadistically while everyone else argues whether the Off-Topic forum should be re-named the Thema Devia! (I think I was in the no Curia camp there! Oops!)

I must ask though...what is going on with that soup? Where's the meat in this soup Obi? Is this some sort of a trick? The picture doesn't look like a manly Scotch Broth or anything similarly awesome by any means!

Under the patronage of the Legendary Urbanis Legio - Mr Necrobrit of the Great House of Wild Bill Kelso. Honoured to have sponsored these great warriors for Citizenship - Joffrey Baratheon, General Brittanicus, SonOfOdin, Hobbes., Lionheartx10, Mangerman, Gen. Chris and PikeStance.

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent-Q View Post
    Ah it was a case of "O tempora, O mores" in those dark times and good riddance to them! If it was played out in real face-to-face contact, I'd bet it would all make for a hilarious and moving story or film though. Beginning on the streets of Brisbane, and ending in sunny Colchester, The Fall of the Network is a giant roller coaster of a novel in 400 sizzling chapters. A searing indictment of "The Web" in the early 21st century, with some hot Gypsies thrown in. The first chapter can have plotting, planning, petting a lemur and laughing sadistically while everyone else argues whether the Off-Topic forum should be re-named the Thema Devia! (I think I was in the no Curia camp there! Oops!)

I must ask though...what is going on with that soup? Where's the meat in this soup Obi? Is this some sort of a trick? The picture doesn't look like a manly Scotch Broth or anything similarly awesome by any means!
    Patsas = Guts ... would I deprive you of meat dear Q?

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Asterix View Post
    I'm afraid I'm one of the few chiefo! Welcome back!

We kicked out Ogre in a general strike January 2007 then ushered in a great era of IMB39 which was succeeded by Garb who as you remember is one of us old-timers from the Spartan-Black Prince-Belisarius-Siblesz era of Ice and Fire its been very stable, with the Curia reduced to a hexagonal plaything and good times here. The biggest drama we get here is illicit soliciation from member to member, a bit of the old trolling and flaming and Ferrets has just been banned after a multi-year saga...

Good to have you back! Enjoy and feel free to ask or "message" me and see how many new user features there are.
    Good times! I was 14 when I joined this forum...I am now 22yo!

Viva la TWC! <--old RTW saying
    "Through the destruction of our enemies do we earn our salvation!"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast