Thread: What about mp campaigns?

Default What about mp campaigns?

Hey guys now we have plenty of room I start this thread about mp campaigns. Personally I have never played a mp game so I have not a clew about it. I would like to know:

1. The campaigns provided by Darthmod are all playable in mp?

2. What about save games x40/30? I think there is a problem with those, isn't it?

Also I would like to have a save from a multilayer campaign you currently play. So please compress and upload here one such file.

Default Re: What about mp campaigns?

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Hey guys now we have plenty of room I start this thread about mp campaigns. Personally I have never played a mp game so I have not a clew about it. I would like to know:

1. The campaigns provided by Darthmod are all playable in mp?

2. What about save games x40/30? I think there is a problem with those, isn't it?

Also I would like to have a save from a multilayer campaign you currently play. So please compress and upload here one such file.
    Me and a friend have been playing a mp campaign, Russia vs UK, for some 50 turns now. The save games obviously don't work since they're single player saves, but we did some thing with our mp savefile that allows us to have 80 units in an army. We've had 80 v 80 battles and they run very smoothly (though we have good computers). Of course the problem is that we don't see unit cards beyond 20. So if that could be fixed, it would be the best mod ever.

Thanks for feed back. Please zip and upload here one mp save to examine it.

Nobody?

I am only interested in returning to NTW (via Darth) if MP campaigns are playable for those of us who cannot easily tinker with files. Can you do this?

Thanks very much for any input!

Me and my nephew played the Europe campaign a few hours the day before yesterday. We didn't get so far because we restarted the campaigns alot while we tampered with the unit sizes, his computer is a bit old by now.
    He is coming here tomorrow again and staying till sunday and during that time there will be alot of Darth MP.

Thus far that we did play, it worked fine. We didn't use the 40 units thingie. We used the MP script file and added a music mod aswell as a great coats mod for the prussians.
    We had no desync and no lag. It all seemed to flow very well. Could have been SP for all we noticed. Was almost sure we would have desyncs or other problem but we didn't notice anything. Battles worked well and the turns aswell.
    This wasn't so well formulated but I am a bit hazy at the moment.

Very good to know that the MP script works perfectly for multiplayer.

Can someone test if the SP Script can work for multiplayer too?

Thanks. This looks promising. My greatest regret with Darth/ETW was that CA or Sega never finished their MP campaign system, and other NTW mods either were not very good, or their MP campaign (like NER, I think) broke after a Sega patch. I look forward to getting back to NTW now!

If nobody beats me to it, I will try out the MP campaign with the SP script tomorrow.

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

Non NTW owning member jumping in here.......

Help me clarify, is this mod playable by 2 or more people in a multiplayer campaign mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    Non NTW owning member jumping in here.......

Help me clarify, is this mod playable by 2 or more people in a multiplayer campaign mode?
    Dago Red -- That was my original question, and what is currently under discussion here. It appears that the answer is at least a qualified, "yes." I am in the middle of another campaign in another game right now, but do hope to play MP DarthMod NTW after that.

I don't know if it accommodates more than two players, but I am sure someone will answer that question for you.

B.C. Milligan

It is only for 2 players the MP campaign.

DampishDragon's Avatar Foederatus

Is it possible to have other factions in the multiplaer campaign? because if you tick the europe box in the setup it doesnt work

Recon5000's Avatar Civis

Ya I can also say that Darthmod works in a MP campaign.

Is there a way to have minor factions in MP campign? as dampish says when selecting the SP modes the MP seem to not even want to go into the lobby.

This is true. The SP campaigns does not work in MP unfortunately. The lobby will simply not open, clicking it results in nothing happening.