Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Campaigns and Starting Positions

Default Campaigns and Starting Positions

This thread is only for campaigns and starting positions (startpos.esf and saves). Feedback, suggestions, etc. are welcome!

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Campaigns and Starting Positions

Would it be possible to have starting positions representing different years of the conflict and as such different (and harder) challenges? Like a 1812 campaign where the player plays Russia or UK against (almost) all Europe led by Napoleon, or a 1814 campaign where the player can play France in a difficult position.

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

What I would like to see is realistic 40 stack armies for all nations from the start of a campaign, elite units included. It would make epic battles possible without tiresome building up a balanced army. The AI often creates completely unrealistic armies for my opponents (Last week my Prussians had to fight a 40 stack army led by Napoleon with more than half of it consisting of artillery). One could even consider removing the less advanced units from the recruting list, so the AI has no choice but to chose a quality unit to recrute. I also would like to be able to build ALL units from the start.

What I also would like to see is the possibility to create custom battles with 40 stack armies. And to have a range of historical battles with 40 stack armies.
    Last edited by Aragorn1963; January 08, 2012 at 04:41 AM.

Aragorn1963's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Leoben View Post
    Would it be possible to have starting positions representing different years of the conflict and as such different (and harder) challenges? Like a 1812 campaign where the player plays Russia or UK against (almost) all Europe led by Napoleon, or a 1814 campaign where the player can play France in a difficult position.
    Another excellent idea, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Aragorn1963 View Post
    What I would like to see is realistic 40 stack armies for all nations from the start of a campaign, elite units included. It would make epic battles possible without tiresome building up a balanced army. The AI often creates completely unrealistic armies for my opponents (Last week my Prussians had to fight a 40 stack army led by Napoleon with more than half of it consisting of artillery). One could even consider removing the less advanced units from the recruting list, so the AI has no choice but to chose a quality unit to recrute. I also would like to be able to build ALL units from the start.

What I also would like to see is the possibility to create custom battles with 40 stack armies. And to have a range of historical battles with 40 stack armies.
    I agree with this. In my campaign very often French armies have a lot of artillery and other country sometimes doing that same.

triarri's Avatar Civis

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon Feedback

i'm having a problem with campaigns in 1.7 when all minors are enabled for Europe campaign, when I play Bavaria it just stays on France's turn.. and what is up with the AI on 40 unit saves?
    Last edited by triarri; January 10, 2012 at 01:03 PM.

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by triarri View Post
    i'm having a problem with campaigns in 1.7 when all minors are enabled for Europe campaign, when I play Bavaria it just stays on France's turn.. and what is up with the AI on 40 unit saves?
    I've seen that, preparing a fix asap!

Here is a temporary FIX:

1. Download attached fix.

2. Extract it in your game's directory (<HD letter>:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\napoleon total war).

3. Answer "Yes" to all messages about merging folders and overwriting files.

log:

* Fixes a problem with Rhineland handover scripting.
    * Fix for black campaign map at the start of some campaigns (this disables advisor from showing up in first turn).
    * Custom game menu minimaps added

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Ready and fast, + rep

V.E.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Hi, Can we have a 40x unit save for all available factions in the DM mod please....im wanting to play as some of the Minor's

Thanks

Devil0351's Avatar Foederatus

Unlike Empire, the ultimate problem with NTW was NTW itself. You're pigeonholed into a set series of events that you essentially have to follow, ultimately unable to forge your own nations manifest destiny so to speak. I'd like to see a start prior to the Napoleonic Wars (very late 1700's perhaps?) that would enable the player to chose their nation, set their own goals, and go from there.

It's difficult, but not impossible , I think that my old idea of a submod for 1805 uniforms will help a possible end 18th century campaign

V.E.

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Husserl, the fix overwrite some campaign_maps, there are problems back to vanilla?

V.E.

OLD SIG

Quote Originally Posted by VENNONETES View Post
    Husserl, the fix overwrite some campaign_maps, there are problems back to vanilla?
    These are mod files not vanilla (check campaigns_map folder and you'll see the folders start with my_).

Devil0351's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by VENNONETES View Post
    It's difficult, but not impossible , I think that my old idea of a submod for 1805 uniforms will help a possible end 18th century campaign

V.E.
    Let's hope we can see something like that.

OLD SIG

Would it be possible to mod Spain's attitude towards France at the beginning of the campaign to "unfriendly" despite having a trade agreement and an alliance? Also I would like to see Spanish and Portugese territories as French key victory locations in the game.

Historically Spain was an unreliable ally of the Napoleon. The Spanish first minister Manuel Godoy who actually run country's foreign politics had a personal ambition to conquer Portugal. Godoy's plans considered either: becoming regent of annexed country in the name of Charles IV of Spain or partitioning Portugal into several duchies under Spain authority with him as a ruler of one of the duchies. He started negotiations with French diplomacy in 1804. Long story short, however, any French-Spanish military operation in Iberian Peninsula was postponed by Napoleon because of war of III (1805) and IV (1806) Coalition.

In this case Manuel Godoy started contemplating an alternative course of action. In 1806 he was ready to stab Napoleon in the back while he was engaged in Prussia. In 1806 he proclaimed a declaration urging Spanish to prepare for war against the "enemy" and started mobilizng land troops. He didn't mentioned specifically who this war would be against. Although Europe's public opinion and Spanish themselves knew that the "enemy" was Napoleon himself. Only quick victory against Prussians at Jena and Auerstadt crossed Godoy's plans to join the war of the IV Coalition. After that Godoy quickly revised his policy and did everyhting to alleviate the bad "impression" he made earlier and to strenghten Franco-Spanish relations. Many historians think it was already too late for that as Napoleon in 1806 (maybe 1807) started planning to dethrone Spanish Bourbons along with Portugese Braganzas. Frech control over Iberian Peninsula would finally strenghten Continental Blokade against Great Britain.

I agree and Napoleon wanted to cross Spain without permission to attack Britain's ally Portuga to establish the Continental System therel. Is it possible to make Portugal a French Victory location but put a permanent ban on Spain allowing military access ?

triarri's Avatar Civis

I think you should have the 40 unit campaign as an actual campaign rather than as save files. I think this would be good as then the player can decide the difficulty. Finally i'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but i think you should add more correct units as some of the current added ones are incorrect uniform wise. cheers.

Does or will the campaign have some of AoR mod included?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast