Thread: Fire by rank?

Default Fire by rank?

Hi,

I'm wondering about this sub mod that darts added in to this mod. Is it working for anyone? Do I have to research something? How do I get my troops to fire by rank?

Thanks

Default Re: Fire by rank?

You have to research Fire by advance tech.

Awesome thanks

Is there any way that this feature can be used with the Peninsular War campaign?

AuroN2's Avatar Foederatus

I imagine so, it could be set to have been automaticaly researched.

Quote Originally Posted by AuroN2 View Post
    Do you know how to do that. I really hate one rank firing in this game, I thought this mod would change that but it is still there in the campaigns (though in the custom battle you get fire by rank). Any LUA file or anything I can edit to add it as technology for the Peninsular campaign or Italy or Egypt? If not I may have to find an old mod awhile back that gave all line regiments the volley fire skirmishers get which simulated things just as well. I just don't know how that will gel with the mod.

Tiro

I do not want Fire by Rank, it is not in this time realism, This can Fire by Rank somehow deleted? Thanks

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

You can't, but darth can make an option for enable/disable it

V.E.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Tiro

And it is not to some fix or something like?

Well, in vanilla, every rank fired, I actually like that better, since fire by rank is extremely slow. If a unit can fire by rank at an increased rate it would be better... But it's the way the engine runs I suppose, all three ranks have to reload before firing.

Shea O'Gorath's Avatar Primicerius

If the rate of fire was increased it would be a masacre in fast forward

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by DuDeNine View Post
    Well, in vanilla, every rank fired, I actually like that better, since fire by rank is extremely slow. If a unit can fire by rank at an increased rate it would be better... But it's the way the engine runs I suppose, all three ranks have to reload before firing.
    Actually the vanilla setting is first rank firing.m
    ight seem like vanilla as every mod has since adopted 2rank fire

Oh really? I thought that it was all ranks because the units were smaller and therefor only had 3 ranks where all three would fire. In empire it was only the first rank, but Napoleon I thought that they implemented that.

Edit: for line infantry other than the minutemen

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by DuDeNine View Post
    Oh really? I thought that it was all ranks because the units were smaller and therefor only had 3 ranks where all three would fire. In empire it was only the first rank, but Napoleon I thought that they implemented that.

Edit: for line infantry other than the minutemen
    The vanilla firing doctrine is indeed first rank only.

Quote Originally Posted by wokelly View Post
    Do you know how to do that. I really hate one rank firing in this game, I thought this mod would change that but it is still there in the campaigns (though in the custom battle you get fire by rank). Any LUA file or anything I can edit to add it as technology for the Peninsular campaign or Italy or Egypt? If not I may have to find an old mod awhile back that gave all line regiments the volley fire skirmishers get which simulated things just as well. I just don't know how that will gel with the mod.
    I too would like to know how to add this feature to the other campaigns. It really bums me out having only the front row of a 300+ men unit fire.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by AuroN2 View Post
    It would be great if FBR was set to default for the Peninsula campaign.
    Last edited by Bendit; April 01, 2012 at 08:13 AM.

I haven't played a peninsula campaign, but if Fire by rank is not present, it should be. By default preferably.

Also would like to see the front rank firing when reloaded, after the third rank fires, rather than after it reloads, if that is something that can be changed.

seriously I just tried my Peninsular DLC with DarthMod, why no fire by rank?

Tiro

I am almost through playing a Peninsula campaign. For me, the lack of fire by rank has not been as bad as I thought it would be. Light infantry and skirmish troops really come into their own, given all of their number can fire. The fire and advance tactic becomes more useful too. So in my experience it makes it a different game, but not necessarily a worse one. Manoeuvring units seems to be more important without fire by rank.

Im searching or better asking since a half year, if someone can add fbr to peninsular, but i ve got bad luck. Noone even answering me Thats sucks. BTW Help, pls!