Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your factions strategy?

RaduAlexandru's Avatar Civis

Default Re: What is your factions strategy?

My strategy is this:

First I will wait for the MOD TO BE RELEASED - so I can actually know the game mechanics

Second I will wait another three to four months for the mod to be patched so that the many many inherent bugs will be fixed

Third I will wait another couple of months for some sub-mods to make the mod more balanced - developers always always always make mods to their taste and forget about the great mass of ignorant players ^^

If you didn't get it by now my point is: it's about one year too early for anybody to speak about strategy in a game that can't reach maturity [as any mod] until it's V 2.0 3.0 OR 4.0
    Last edited by RaduAlexandru; January 14, 2012 at 03:34 AM.

"Aim towards the Enemy."
    -Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

@RaduAlexandru: You should look into our policy on sub-mods

RaduAlexandru's Avatar Civis

let me guess - the mod will be so perfect that no sub-mods will be allowed

"Aim towards the Enemy."
    -Instruction printed on US Rocket Launcher

If i remember corectly sumbods have to keep the historical accuracy aspect of the game or something along those lines.

Meneth's Avatar I mod, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by RaduAlexandru View Post
    let me guess - the mod will be so perfect that no sub-mods will be allowed
    We do not claim the mod is, or will be, perfect. We only claim that we're trying to maintain a coherent goal and purpose, one which we do not want tainted by ahistorical sub-mods.

Averroes19's Avatar Miles

Probably try my hand as Bohemia. Do not have much of a strategy as I need to actually play the mod to become familiar with the mechanics.

I am going to attack factions. lol jk. Probably take rebel settlements first, do the OR strategy. Then make diplomacy with other factions(neighbouring ones first, moste likely Sweden) And then build up my economy!

ErikBerg's Avatar Miles

Playing as Sweden I'll begin by securing the borders to the west and south to ensure that Norway and Denmark don't try to start nuthin'. After that, I'll push my way north and take Uppsala and other rebel settlements along the coast of the Gulf of Bothnia.

The first main goal of my campaign would be conquering Finland, while still keeping favourable relations with Novgorod. Making new enemies on already hostile and unpacified territory could turn out to be a tad counterproductive.

If my economy allows it I may try to execute some fancy sort of grand pincer movement to accomplish that first goal; one army invading Finland from the north, another sweeping across the Åland islands into southwestern Finland.

Quote Originally Posted by Meneth View Post
    We do not claim the mod is, or will be, perfect. We only claim that we're trying to maintain a coherent goal and purpose, one which we do not want tainted by ahistorical sub-mods.
    So that means I can't make my Dragon Quest mod
    Shogun 2, no thanks I will stick with Kingdoms SS.

As Venice I will (try to) take northern Italy. Once taken, build up economy and military while being defensive. Then meddle in everyone else business and generally be a pain in the arse, while keeping any one faction from becoming too powerful (within a reasonable attacking distance from Northern Italy).

I plan on forcibly assimilating Ireland into my Kingdom of Scotland first. If my relations with England are sounbd then I will plan a campaign on Scandinavia, if England prove more than a match against the French (they will definately have disputes with them) then I'll most likely leave England alone and decide where to expand next. Can't really plan further than that, I'm sure this mod will have many suprises that will force me to change my tactics.

Rule the sea as all Islands fall to the Venetian fleet, consolidate territories with strong naval power and a merchant army, then unify Italy, consolidate again, deal with the papacy, and conquer Greece, Spain, and the Levant. Eventually reforming the roman empire.
    "Midway upon the journey of our life
    I found myself within a forest dark,
    For the straightforward pathway had been lost." Dante Alighieri

Indefinitely Banned

I'll go to descr_strat, make the rebels campaign playable, then consecrate on Finland, where I'll use the native units to kick all Swedish and Novgorodian (and occasional Danish) arses, that try to take over the land.

As Denmark, my first strategy is to get some rebel psf's in Norway that i saw in one of the previews, i will also try to get rebel psf's in northen sweden, so they cant expand too much without going over my land, or sailing.
    I will then build a strong economy, build 3 armies, 2 will invade from Scania into Sweden, the last will strike from my lands up north, and hopefully after a war that will go in my faurvor, will all Swedish land be mine.
    Then i probably try to grab some land in northen germany, and beat the holy roman empire, so i get a good peace agreement.

After that, i will invade Norway or the Baltic lands.

Diodredai's Avatar Tiro
    Budapest, Hungary formerly Melbourne Australia

Quote Originally Posted by scutarilegion View Post
    I'll go to descr_strat, make the rebels campaign playable, then consecrate on Finland, where I'll use the native units to kick all Swedish and Novgorodian (and occasional Danish) arses, that try to take over the land.
    From what I've read that will cause the earth shatter into a million pieces. Also make Orios white, black white not the other way around. Or so they say....

Creator of the Unoffical DotS FAQ thread
    "Sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine" (translation: "Lord save us from the arrows of the Hungarians")
    Creator of the Share your musical heritage! thread in the DotS forums

HellBojus's Avatar Foederatus

When game will be released I will try to do What Lithuanian Grand Duke Vytautas does - made huge Grand Duchy of Lithuania - from Baltic sea to Black sea.

I'm thinking of being England first. I'd imagine the first step will be to unify the British Isles. Prehaps leaving Ireland or Scotland to keep that side interesting. I'll then try to expand into Northern France aiming at Denmark and North Germany

i'll play as Georgia and i'll destroy seljuks than i'll take whole middle east and east eorope

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

your dreams will crush down if you will hear that mod died

Bad joke.

Dominion of the Sword - Magyar Department - Coordinator, PSF research leader
    The Great Conflicts - Magyar tribes researcher
    Heiğinn Veğr: Total War- Magyar tribes and Kingdom of Hungary researcher

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast