Thread: Teleportation is now patended

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Default Teleportation is now patended

The full Application here

Well, if you expected to earn some money on the side from inventing teleportation, your chance is gone...

BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION

[0001] This invention is a system that teleports a human being through hyperspace from one location to another using a pulsed gravitational wave traveling through hyperspace.

BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION

[0002] The basis for this invention is an event, referring to FIG. 1, occurring on May 2, 2004, in which the inventor ("he") personally experienced a full-body teleportation while walking to the bus stop (A) along a road (B) that runs perpendicular to the nearby commercial airport runways where planes are landing. There is a wide iron grating (D) for water drainage that crosses the road at the center of the bus stop. The grating width is such that one has to make a concerted effort to jump across it in order to get from one side to the other. Approximately 50 meters from the iron grating, he (E) felt a vertical wave (F), similar to a flag waving in the breeze, traveling down the street toward the bus stop. The wave velocity was about 1 meter per second, which was slightly faster than his walking speed. In the next instance, he (G) found himself down the street near the corner of the next block. Realizing that he had passed the bus stop, he turned around to see the iron grating approximately 50 meters up the street in back of him. Because there was no recollection of having jumped across the iron grating nor of having passed the bus stop's yellow marker line, he realized that he had been teleported a distance of 100 meters while moving along with the traveling wave. It was obvious that the wave was pulsed because the front edge overtook the inventor, moved with him momentarily, and then the back edge of wave left him as it moved on down the street. While contemplating this sequence of events, he then looked up and saw in a span of a few seconds a twin-turboprop airplane (C) in the distance crossing above the road while making a shallow descent in order to land at the airport.

[0003] It took a number of days in order to understand this sequence of events. The explanation involves knowledge of a wide range of subjects such as gravitation physics, hyperspace physics, wormhole electromagnetic theory and experimentation, quantum physics, and the nature of the human energy field.

[0004] It is obvious from the above scenario that the airplane momentarily crossing perpendicular to the road generates the aforementioned pulse. Because the airplane has an engine on each wing, there are two propellers which conceivably are rotating out-of-phase with each other. That is, the blade of one propeller could be pointing up and the equivalent blade on the other engine could be pointing in a slightly different direction. Notice that the tip of the blade traces out a helix as the plane is landing.

Default Re: Teleportation is now patended

This is Patent Pending right...

Oh well, some people tried to sell property on the Moon.
    The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be used until they try and take it away.
    Staff Officer of Corporal_Hicks in the Legion of Rahl
    Commanding Katrina, Crimson Scythe, drak10687 and Leonidas the Lion

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by Mudd
    This is Patent Pending right...

Nope, patent granted!

United States Patent Application 20060071122
    Kind Code A1
    St. Clair; John Quincy April 6, 2006

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Garbarsardar
    Nope, patent granted!

United States Patent Application 20060071122
    Kind Code A1
    St. Clair; John Quincy April 6, 2006
    I know they have been experimenting with transporting lasers for over a year now, and it has been done successfully. So I wouldn't get to excited about this as it is a far cry from observing transportation on a quantum scale and with light to the transportation of large matter.

Still pretty damn cool though to think about. The transportation of quantum states from one atom to another is going to lead to quantum computers, at which point processor speed is going to be exponentially higher making supercomputers a common occurence.

Peter
    Last edited by Denny Crane!; May 21, 2006 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudd
    They did actually sell some, no? Of course,it has no legal right... I hope at least...
    I sin for the good of humankind
    "I praise, I do not reproach, [nihilism's] arrival. I believe it is one of the greatest crises, a moment of the deepest self-reflection of humanity. Whether man recovers from it, whether he becomes master of this crisis, is a question of his strength."
    -Nietzsche
    Truth is not a law, a democracy, a book or a norm not even a constitution. Nor can it be read in the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris
    They did actually sell some, no? Of course,it has no legal right... I hope at least...
    ye and last i heard the US goverment had bought some of it

Sam's Avatar Civitate

There are a couple of things wrong here:
    1. You can't patent a natural phenomenon. That would be like trying to patent magnetism or gravity.
    2. The details are messed up. They refer to the pineal gland, chakra, and the ancient Chinese art of breathing, 'Chi Kung'.

I noticed that it is dated april 6. It would seem that some trickster submitted a phony patent around april fool's day and the length of the report combined with all the equations was enough to get it through. Way to go, patent assessors.

I'm off to go and patent a perpetual motion machine, see you guys later.

Drunken's Avatar Semisalis

Sam has a point there, aprils fools joke (hopfully )

I dont know much about such things, but have they already done the research into it ( the procedures listed on the page linked to ) or is it all theoretical and has a good chance of being horribly wrong ?

After just reading the part about the walking down the road, I assumed that he had actually walked down the road, and then had a temporary short term memory loss or somehting, making him forget that he had walked past the iron grating and gone down the road.
    "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves, that we are underlings"

Denny Crane!'s Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken516
    Sam has a point there, aprils fools joke (hopfully )

I dont know much about such things, but have they already done the research into it ( the procedures listed on the page linked to ) or is it all theoretical and has a good chance of being horribly wrong ?

After just reading the part about the walking down the road, I assumed that he had actually walked down the road, and then had a temporary short term memory loss or somehting, making him forget that he had walked past the iron grating and gone down the road.
    Well as I posted before teleportation is a reality just not in the form posted. It is not inconceivable that matter transfer could be achieved but then advances in string theory have supposedly overturned Hawkings causality protection clause and make time travel hypothesis a lot stronger. Physics is advancing a lot faster than people realise I just don't understand half of what I am reading... Then again neither do some physicists when they are making it up

Peter

Did you read some the stuff in that patent? This guy says he was contacted by the Grey aliens androids.

"Referring to FIG. 11, a magnetic vortex wormhole generator has already been developed which generates a wormhole between space and hyperspace as described in a previous patent application entitled Magnetic Vortex Wormhole Generator. Using this generator, it was found that smoke blown through one side of the coil does not appear on the other side of cylindrical coil. The smoke flows through the wormhole and appears in a hyperspace co-dimension. It was this experiment that resulted in making first contact with the androids of the Grey aliens who told me, in a remote viewing session, that "We saw you blowing smoke into hyperspace."

But if it works then all the power to him.

Cobra's Avatar Earl of Boof

I would think that after reading the story of his phenomenon, that it is a very similar sensation to being perhaps drunk. I was quite assured that I'd teleported too.
    Not to make a light post, but rather making light of the patent, that's quite silly.
    Last edited by Cobra; May 25, 2006 at 11:39 PM.

carl-the-conqueror's Avatar Centenarius

if that wasnt a joke i dont want to know what is

probably watching to much star wars/star trek and got drunk

Dutchpower's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sam
    There are a couple of things wrong here:
    1. You can't patent a natural phenomenon. That would be like trying to patent magnetism or gravity.
    How about newton?
    Last edited by Dutchpower; May 29, 2006 at 10:47 AM.
    Batavorum miliaria.

"Tits or GTFO. You know the rules and so do I."

Well, theoretically you would need something to manipulate trillions on individual atoms, and a processor to memorize, Disassemble and reassemble every single atom in our body. So basically it might be possible but considering that we have only developed a computer with the intelligence of your average insect, we have a good way to go. Infact, this dude will probably be dead by then.

But nah, I was just entertaining the idea, it’s impossible. For now.
    Well, if I, Belisarius, the Black Prince, and you all agree on something, I really don't think there can be any further discussion.
    - Simetrical 2009 in reply to Ferrets54

i know you would not make me be the first one who would try out this new technology lol... what if fly flies nearby? lol
    Sitarus Originalus Pontifex Maximus -30+
    Gen. von Sitar
    also known as original-30+
    Slovenci kremeniti!