Thread: DarthMod Napoleon is crashing for me, any help?

kieran12's Avatar Civis

Default DarthMod Napoleon is crashing for me, any help?

I downloaded this mod today and started playing the all factions campaign, with Ottoman. But the game for whatever reason, is crashing, after i do a few turns. This has never happened before to me. I tried picking another faction to see if that would help, no same problem.

Is there a patch i need or something, to prevent this from happening? Or is there a problem that exists that i am not aware of?

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon is crashing for me, any help?

Does anybody else have problems when playing with the Ottomans?

kieran12's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    Does anybody else have problems when playing with the Ottomans?
    Hi Darth, is there anyone else having the problem, as me? I downloaded DarthMod Empires previously never had any trouble playing that Mod.

Today, the Application has stopping working, when i try to play with a Faction. Yesterday, i do a few turns and i played with a few different factions, to test, but the game just crashed for me every time.

Any possible answers to why this is happening?

kieran12's Avatar Civis

I think i have solved the problem, for good? I can't play the game if i use the Autoplay Icon ( Darthmod Napoleon) and start up from there. This is odd to me

I've the retail version stored on steam of Napaleon, and when go into that to play. I can play Darthmod from there, couldn't do that with Darthmod Empires. I have done 10 turns with Denmark so far and everything seems ok, were before the game would just shut down after i done four turns. Anyways this, just a heads up if anyone else experiences this issue.

AnimaMea's Avatar Miles

I have a similar problem; can't run through the Dm launcher so just played it normally and Darthmod stats and 40 units per stack all worked, but I get a crash on ending the turn

It seemed to be crashing for me as well, until I changed sound quality (realtek driver) to DVD and precisely followed the DM launcher instruction-order (with 2x units, then campaign options, then submod options) and started it up.

Somehow it seldomly crashes (CTD) now.
    I guess it's different for every PC setup.

kieran12's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by AnimaMea View Post
    I have a similar problem; can't run through the Dm launcher so just played it normally and Darthmod stats and 40 units per stack all worked, but I get a crash on ending the turn
    Ya DM Launcer doesn't work for me retail version does. I tried playing with two Factions yesterday for couple of hours. Denmark-Norway played fine, but Ottomon crashed again after around six turns. There seems to be a problem somewhere.

I'm starting with version 1.7 started having problems with saving. After 13-20 strokes saves just do not work, and for all factions.
    MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI
    CPU: Intel Core i7 11700K
    COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    MEM: Corsair DDR 4 64Gb(16x4) 3600Mhz CL16 Vengance LPX
    VGA: RTX 3080 ZOTAC GAMING Trinity OC
    SSD 1: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S50 Lite NVMe M.2 2TB
    SSD 2/3:
    ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB
    PS: Corsair HX850 Series 80+ Platinum 850W
    CASE: Full-Тower Corsair Graphite 780T
    Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B 31.5", WQHD(2560 x 1440), 165Hz, 1ms, HDR10, ELMB

Those who cannot launch mod have you logged to Steam before you start launcher? If yes, please try this: do not use shortcut but instead execute the exe form mod's directory (...\napoleon total war\data\DMN\DMN.exe) as admin (right click and select Run as Admin).

If you meet a crash in a random turn try to play the mod without enabling some options like sound, so we can find the guilty (if any..).

DarthMod v1.8 - crash when trying to play for Bavaria, across the junction to the next turn. : (
    MB: ASUS ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI
    CPU: Intel Core i7 11700K
    COOLER: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    MEM: Corsair DDR 4 64Gb(16x4) 3600Mhz CL16 Vengance LPX
    VGA: RTX 3080 ZOTAC GAMING Trinity OC
    SSD 1: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S50 Lite NVMe M.2 2TB
    SSD 2/3:
    ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB
    PS: Corsair HX850 Series 80+ Platinum 850W
    CASE: Full-Тower Corsair Graphite 780T
    Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B 31.5", WQHD(2560 x 1440), 165Hz, 1ms, HDR10, ELMB

DarthMod v1.8 - crash also when trying to play battle , but DarthMod v1.7 update3 no crash

Strange, Uninstall and install fully the mod again, open steam client, PLAY.

Happy days.

Hello everyone, this is a response to my previous post on the topic. DarthMOD for Napoleon Total War not working.As i seem to run out of character space il include my solution in a file if thats ok. If not pleas let me know.

And the image provided its marked in text "image" to referens were to look.

Orre_man

i tried everyting you said but it didnt worked still crashes on ottomans...

Getting the occasional crash when playing Ottomans and coming out of a battle or sometimes in battle. Would estimate about one battle in 10, I played a lot of battles. A purely anecdotal point is that it seems to occur more often when I kill an enemy special general IE Napoleon, but probably not related to OP.

Hi DARTH VADER,

I've got the same problem. When I'm using DarthMod, and I'm starting a battle, it always says 'Napoleon.exe has stopped working'.
    I even got BSOD'd when trying to fix the problem. I had to completely reinstall Steam to even run NTW vanilla.

It's not my laptop, because my friend has NTWDM running fine on his system, which is identical to mine.
    Any help is appriciated, thanks.