Thread: RTRmeetsIBFG

Default RTRmeetsIBFG

Ah ha! My project is getting closer - it took me all day to "update" all the scripts, and I'm still hours away probably from a finished product, or well - something just to get started with. Even once I get a first edition out, I'll still have to update maps, starting points, starting militaries, and all sorts of things - this is a lot of work just to integrate these two great mods. But I believe it will be work it. I'm taking 7 of each game, of which I consider the best, and leaving them with their technologies, although I'm considering giving some RTR units the shieldwall also. I've always been interested who would win. Too bad can't get real accurate numbers for estimating fight statistics, armour strengths against one another, etc. - it all has to be estimated to best of knowledge, and make still relatively playable.

This really isn't a "public" release I'm working on - but if anyone would like a copy when I'm done - just let me know. I'll be updating and using version numbers starting with 1.0.0.

later ya'll,
    Gersh

Default Re: RTRmeetsIBFG

what's that?

Default Re: RTRmeetsIBFG

Quote Originally Posted by Baryonyx Walkeri
    what's that?
    What's what? I'm just replacing some IBFG factions & using RTR ones is all. Still same play - well, going back to 4.0 basically though, because the main faction I'm changing is ERE & WRE - just combining it to make an Imperium Romanum (Roman Empire). I liked the original Roman Empire & its greatness - and I also liked the Macedonians, Greeks, Spartans, and Carthaginians, etc. The Berbers in RTW:BI are too wimpy & weak, the East & West Empire are too many cities, and I like to begin campaigns with humble beginnings - such as only starting with one or two cities/territories. It's more or less that I'm making a "dream battle" conditions - where you've just gotta do all-out war & try to make the largest empire, and overcome the other factions who are doing the same. I could care less for historicity - I'm leaving that up to the pros here - RGyG, Mylae, and others.

Gotta go - working on it now,
    blessings,
    Gersh