Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: EIC v2.0 | Technical Help And Bug Reports

Decanus

Default Re: EIC v2.0 | Technical Help And Bug Reports

My trade information under the trade tab doesn't show partnerships. I do see the full trade quantity at the main government information screen, but under the trade tab I will only see merchant trade ship trade.

Also, on one of my turns I had 5000 currency and it literally disappeared without explanation (mid-turn)

My game crashed on I think turn 6 in the middle of a battle - very disappointing. I wonder if any of the submods are known to cause crashes? I've already turned BFS and Campaign borders off, off (I really don't like these two)

On another note, it is a little frustrating starting a campaign with various units already recruited and sitting in my towns because I would rather not leave them there eating upkeep and thus I end up having to route a bunch of units to meet with my main armies which takes a very long time with the shorter campaign movement present in this mod. Compared to both S2 and R2 NTW is a rather complex beast and the extra units hanging around means getting a campaign started is just a bit harder. I'd edit some of them out of the starpos.

This mod is fantastic thus far. The battles are realistic much like NER yet these mechanics are not plagued by that slow motion effect and kill rates feel better but without that fight to the last man non-sense of vanilla and other mods. I hope this mod can be maintained and perhaps tweaked a little - I could dive in to some DB files to have a poke around even.

I start up the game and the Into works fine and all, Then i get to the main menu and there is no sound playing. All the sound in options is up. The in-game sounds are gone too. There are just no sounds i tried turning off music mod and STILL no sound. I unistall EiC and Now theres no sound in Vanilla. I reinstall and once again, No sound. Very strange, is there a idea how to fix it? In debug mode it says theres no problems detected.

When I try to install I get a Microsoft.NET Framework error.

See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.IOException: Source and destination path must have identical roots. Move will not work across volumes.
    at System.IO.Directory.InternalMove(String sourceDirName, String destDirName, Boolean checkHost)
    at EICInstaller.BusyForm.button1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\EICInstaller\EICInstaller\BusyForm.cs:line 114
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18444 built by: FX451RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    EIC v2.0 Installer
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Riekopo/Downloads/EIC%20v2.0%20Install%20Package/EIC%20v2.0%20Install%20Package/EIC%20v2.0%20Installer.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18408 built by: FX451RTMGREL
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34238 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.34234 built by: FX452RTMGDR
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Last edited by Riekopo; January 16, 2015 at 12:14 PM.

vonkinderei's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by HigoChumbo View Post
    The mod keeps crashing at launch (right after the black "napoleon tw" credits launch screen).

I have done (three ¬¬) completelly clean installs of NTW (Steam Version), i completelly deleted any remnants of previous installations (at least in the Steam/steamapps/common foldeR), i have installed (and repaired) Net Framework 4 (and rebooted the pc after), installed the mod with no problems (and the correct NTW folder path), started the launcher, reset to vanilla (deleting the script.txt file) and even rechecking the file path, then enabled the submods and launched the game. All 3 times the game crashed at start. The launcher file check says everything is fine.

I have checked that the game works fine before installing the mod. I am using Windows 7 x64 and have a one year old computer. Btw, even if i hit "return to vanilla" or whatever it is called and i launch napoleon, it still doesn't work. Not even if I uninstall the mod completelly it works.

Any idea why this might be happening?

I seem to be having the same sort of problem unfortunately

I did a complete un-install of NTW re-installed ( Steam version ) ran the game vanilla everything worked fine ... installed EIC via the installer, everything installed correctly

I start the EIC installer everything works there, I get to the main menu screen of NTW , select what I wanna play and start and then it CTD's ... even when I revert back to vanilla via the EIC installer

Very frustrating as I was looking forward to givin' this a go ... any ideas yet as to the cause and a solution ?

Thanks ~

Disregard my previous post please ...

After MULTIPLE re-installs it finally works , hate the damn diseases though ... they're killin' me

Okee Dokee ...

Found another oddity , when I try to play the tutorials the game CTD's

Any ideas why ... ?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345