View Poll Results: What were your impressions after playing Chivalry?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • This mod is best ever the way it is!

6 8.82%
  • It is best, but I really want it polished

45 66.18%
  • The bugs and glitches hold it back for it to be enjoyable

14 20.59%
  • Even if repaired, not up to my tastes

3 4.41%

Thread: Impressions Poll

militiaman's Avatar GEWar TWC Alliance!

Default Impressions Poll

What did you think of Chivalry?

Under the Patronage of Basileos Leandros I, who is under the patronage of Kscott, who is under the patronage of Lord Rahl, who is under the patronage of MadBurgerMaker, who is under the patronage of genghis khan, who is under the patronage of GodEmporer Nicholas

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Impressions Poll

I think you guys were brave to put it out as is, but the more people playing the more bugs will be reported, and the more motivated you'll be to do all the time consuming boring fixes, and so far i love it.

Bug fixes will be great. High and late period will be nice. But I don't see myself playing this much unless the battles are changed considerably. I can't stand the RTS style fast paced low morale slugfests...

I love it,it was fun but the beta was of course not up to its full potential,polish it up and add the other periods=one of the best mods ever.
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

I love the concept of the mod.(TW was made for the Medieval age IMO) My only real complants would be that the English citys are still barbarian(I havent played any other Factions so not sure of others), Alot of the buildings have no discriptions, All units have the peasent graphic for the description, and the end of turn cards are all blank. None are really bad just annoying. Over all though the game seems pretty balanced and I think its one of the best mods out even at this stage, Good work.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Well it was not brave but more of a desperate step. We barely have any team to work on this, and the motivation of that team was dwindling...
    So we decided a release might help us in both departments.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Well....there is still work to do but you really did a superb job already

- Those medieval units are way beautiful
    - I love your campaign map - it creates a nice medieval feeling. A well done job.
    - I like it how you have mixed stronger and weaker factions for a start
    - I really like you unit cards and your building cards
    - I like the way battles feel now that I have adjusted unit speeds and morale to my taste a bit
    - 0 turn recruitment is no problem due to the fact that money limits swiftly occur if you use huge armies

You have been doing great. Hopefully you shall gain team members due to this release!

And one thing to add: FINALLY A TOTAL CONVERSION MOD!!!!
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

Faenaris's Avatar Son of Dorn

This mod is the best. Honestly, I have played a lot of it already and it blew me off my socks. :original: It could use a little polish, but other than that, the best mod I have played. I hope the team keeps working on it and improving it, and this mod will be "da bomb!"
    Son of Acutulus, member of The House of the Wolf / Signature by King Mong

Well done! A total conversion is no easy thing, yet you guys have done it and have done it better than expected.

Keep up the good work and hopefully you will have a invasion of modders to help the cause

A GREAT mod, but the campaign part of it is a bit unpolished. So much, infact, that I don't really like playing it for an extensive amount of time. Yet, I think you guys did the best thing, and released it. Hopefully, bugs will be reported and teammembers will be added.

I'd join myself, but apart from really basic skinning and the ability to write, I don't know much...

a raw diamant

militiaman's Avatar GEWar TWC Alliance!

I would like to point anyone who has modding skills that would help us to post here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47469

It's our recruitment topic that has a total of 0 replies.

Under the Patronage of Basileos Leandros I, who is under the patronage of Kscott, who is under the patronage of Lord Rahl, who is under the patronage of MadBurgerMaker, who is under the patronage of genghis khan, who is under the patronage of GodEmporer Nicholas

Thanks Militiaman for posting the poll.

I love the mod thoroughly. Yes there are bugs and incompletions (this is beta!), but you really surprised me. This gave a lot of new life to RTW, which I haven't played in months. CA should work more with mod teams such as these, which greatly improve the playability of their game and attract more potential customers. If they don't want to make codes available, then at least they should ease the grueling task by setting up a medium through which these two could exchange info and give feedback. Makes for a much better game, now and in the future.

The Story of Janosik <>Courtesy of Cracker Monkey and ARCHER29

Solid mod. Now polish it up a little and you will be the creator of the best complete conversion for RTW.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

Locke's Avatar Foederatus

Great Beta!
    Ok there are CTDs and I miss the unique faction units/mercenaries in the campaign (welsh longbowmen, norman knights etc.).
    Keep up working

Hi CTW team,

I just played 2 factions in a quick battle:Byzantium & another, forgot the name.

Good points:
    I really enjoyed how smooth the game ran.
    I enjoyed the awesome unit skin work you did.
    You got the feel of the game right on.

Points to consider :
    The quick battles are just that, very quick. I thought that everything was kind of like a blur and
    everything moved too fast. I won both battles.
    The unit fatigue showed clearly, but it didn't seemed they acted "fatigued."

BTW:
    Are there going to be 13 factions max?
    Will you include more artillery types?
    I really want to see this mod in it's full "environment." I.E. religious factions, more artillery types, sieges,etc.
    How is the ai balanced? Hard, VH, medium?

Overall, this IS an awesome mod. Please, please release it in full

Thank you ladies and gentlemen! Hellas1

I voted best the way it is right now because it's stable enough to enjoy Plus it is something fresh, great work guys.