Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Faustian Fanfic

Default Re: Faustian Fanfic

Great description of the politics of the Faustian's in this chapter, definitely looking forwards to what they do against the Valhallans

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

*insert expression of emotion here*

Why did *insert plot here* happen!? It was so *insert adjective here* *insert emoticon describing said adjective here*

Trying not to spoil anything while showing my reaction at the same time

Lovely story, Eohelm! I really look forward to more

Sanguinary Guardian's Avatar Primicerius

Wow, really nice and emotional scene from the Kaiser. Just a question, why have you created different ministries for cavalry, infantry, etc, instead of a single ministry of defense?

H ΕΛΛΑΔΑ κι ο ΕΛΛΗΝΙΣΜΟΣ είναι αξίες ιερότερες από οποιαδήποτε ειρήνη!

Despite all we have lost so far, our fire still burns...

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinary Guardian View Post
    Wow, really nice and emotional scene from the Kaiser. Just a question, why have you created different ministries for cavalry, infantry, etc, instead of a single ministry of defense?
    I guess it's better to have three specialized leaders than one jack-of-all-trades.

Eohelm's Avatar Semisalis

That was actually a gameplay thing. If you play as the Faustian Reich, select generals will have a thing that's like Minister of Cavalry/Infantry in their Ancllary list. Except the word isn't "Minister". I think it's "Marshall".

And seeing as the Faustian Navy is the best navy in-game, I wondered to myself why there wasn't a Minister/Marshall of Naval Forces.

Also, it kind of helps with the Checks/balances setup. At least, politically. The Kaiser has the ultimate word on things, but he has several advisers who try to keep him from turning into a madman. That's how Kingdoms and Empires work in real life, too. It also add political intrigue...

With the first bit having effected the story because of gameplay (I found a way to make it work, so whatevs ), it may be noticed that I kind of take liberty with the story every now and again in terms of how something might work in-game. I want to write a story about Thera, not the Med2 engine...so if something doesn't quite match up to how it would work in game, my apologies. I try to stay as true to TFONs in-game Thera as I can.

So while in-game Valhallans can't really take over a Grande Carrack...it's necessary for the plot of the story. Small things like that. Fury has a bit of a time ahead of her in the future, and I don't necessarily think that's a spoiler alert.
    Last edited by Eohelm; January 19, 2012 at 09:34 PM.
    "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."

Updates, mates. Check the bottom of Thread Page 2. Enjoy!

I want a cast list from you guys. Just out of curiosity, who do you see playing these characters when you read?
    Last edited by Eohelm; January 22, 2012 at 09:57 PM.
    "Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless, and do no wrong. That is your oath."

Not quite an update, but I feel I owe something of an explanation to you fine people.

I have been bedridden the past week and some change. Went to the doctor, and it turns out I had two different bugs. One going around my own floor, and another going around my fiancee's floor that I caught taking care of her when she was sick. They hate each other, but they hate me even more. So they have decided to team up and completely wreck my innards. Toss that on top of my University work catching up with me (New exams coming up! Can you feel my excitement? Can you?), and things haven't been so hot in my life lately.

I am still slowly working on Clouds, and promise an update soon. I am doing my best to ensure that this next chapter is very long and error free so that those of you who have stuck with me through my (what seems like) era of pain and bedridden suffering.

That is all for now. I love the community here, and so feel that I owed you all some sort of explanation for my unexplained hiatus. Clouds is still being worked on, and you will all have an enjoyable update someday in the very near future.

Time to try and settle my stomach a bit more. To the meds, Batman!

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Eohelm View Post
    Not quite an update, but I feel I owe something of an explanation to you fine people.

I have been bedridden the past week and some change. Went to the doctor, and it turns out I had two different bugs. One going around my own floor, and another going around my fiancee's floor that I caught taking care of her when she was sick. They hate each other, but they hate me even more. So they have decided to team up and completely wreck my innards. Toss that on top of my University work catching up with me (New exams coming up! Can you feel my excitement? Can you?), and things haven't been so hot in my life lately.

I am still slowly working on Clouds, and promise an update soon. I am doing my best to ensure that this next chapter is very long and error free so that those of you who have stuck with me through my (what seems like) era of pain and bedridden suffering.

That is all for now. I love the community here, and so feel that I owed you all some sort of explanation for my unexplained hiatus. Clouds is still being worked on, and you will all have an enjoyable update someday in the very near future.

Time to try and settle my stomach a bit more. To the meds, Batman!
    I hope you feel better soon, Eohelm.

Don't feel pressured to make an update when you're sick. Put your health before fanfiction. I don't want you to die of exhaustion or stress. Because, if you do, we won't have anymore good stories from you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123