Thread: Unit sizes in campaign??????

Default Unit sizes in campaign??????

Hi,

First off this is a great mod. Really wets the appetite before METW2! However, when I am in campaign units sizes are tiny. I have unit size set to huge so what gives????

Default Re: Unit sizes in campaign??????

Quote Originally Posted by Moose
    Hi,

First off this is a great mod. Really wets the appetite before METW2! However, when I am in campaign units sizes are tiny. I have unit size set to huge so what gives????
    Mine seem fine. Some armies like the Kingdom of Jerusalem have small heavy infantry units (92), but armies with 160, have that number.

militiaman's Avatar GEWar TWC Alliance!

Yeah, the average is about 160 which is what men-at-arms, saracen infantry, feudal sergeants etc. have. This is what you should see if you have it on Huge.

Under the Patronage of Basileos Leandros I, who is under the patronage of Kscott, who is under the patronage of Lord Rahl, who is under the patronage of MadBurgerMaker, who is under the patronage of genghis khan, who is under the patronage of GodEmporer Nicholas

Could you guys increase the number by any chance?

militiaman's Avatar GEWar TWC Alliance!

It's like that so there's no lag in MP (and even still we usually use Large options).

Under the Patronage of Basileos Leandros I, who is under the patronage of Kscott, who is under the patronage of Lord Rahl, who is under the patronage of MadBurgerMaker, who is under the patronage of genghis khan, who is under the patronage of GodEmporer Nicholas

SARMATIAN LEADER's Avatar Biarchus

could you tell us which folder should we modify i wanna change some unit sizes
    thanks in advance!

-Kossovo is Serbia- -Macedonia is Greek-

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his. ~George Patton

Export_Unit_Descr

Besides that i forget how to increase the number.

Libertus

@ Moose:

I experienced a similar problem when I first started my campaign as England. I set unit sizes to huge but they were at normal. What you need to do is set them to tiny, start a new campaign, and then quit out of that campaign. Once out of that campaign, set them back to huge and start a new campaign. They should be on huge now. Hope that works for you!

Cheers promethseus - problem sorted.

For the mod team - well done; looking well good so far. Keep up the good work!

thamks man!

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

To change troop numbers:

Find this line in the export_descr_unit.txt for every unit, file is placed in the ChivTW data folder:

soldier knight_templar_early, 20, 0, 0.7

... and change the bold number, note this above is the number if unit-seize is on Normal.
    And also note that some units could have problems with certain unit-numbers, in this case you will get an error-message with show_error on.

However, i think in middle-age themes, the troops weren't that epic as in original RTW. In fact many battles were with much smaller amounts of warriors in this time than in the classical antique-times.

I personally like to play ChivTW with Normal or Large, makes the battle scenario more realistic to me, especially regarding the formation-kinds in RTW, which are sometimes unrealistic for middle-age battles, but only as far as i know ... well i guess the units weren't that disciplined as the Romans and Greeks etc. with their phalanx' and other compact formations.

Troop numbers in my view:
    Only a few recorded historic battles in middle-age times were in some cases with more than 10.000 guys, as far as i know at least.
    Ie. as Salah-Hardid (or what's its correct name) seiged Jerusalem, he had about 200.000 guys, but this is a very very very exception in the middle-age, and especially for the inner european areas.
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 21, 2006 at 02:07 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

SARMATIAN LEADER's Avatar Biarchus

thanks DaVinci!!i think the units who have the problem are mainly cavalry units!!

-Kossovo is Serbia- -Macedonia is Greek-

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his. ~George Patton

I have a problem with quick battle unit sizes. The only have small unit sizes there. That may not work yet.

To complete da Vinci´s post: Keep in mind that only unit numbers between 6 and 60 are legitimate, the scaling is done by the unit size setting, which can be altered in the graphics->advanced options. Large gives you units twice the size of what export_descr_units says, with huge it´s four times, so on huge you can have at maximum a unit of 240 men (officers and standart bearers excluded).
    Life is a sequence of missed opportunities

mine are set at 150.