Default DarthMod Napoleon Feedback

-----
    Post your feedback and suggestions
    and everything will be noticed
    in order to optimise the mod
    -----

VENNONETES's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: DarthMod Napoleon Feedback

Great mod, solid gameplay, very good AI e also very good campaign and low fps, but, please, more units! ^^

V.E.

Won the POTW Gold medal at 15 years, 7 months, and 198 days on 25/12/2013 ^_^

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Are there any plans to incorporate new uniform textures or are there already some in the mod? The awesome new uniforms were one of my favorite parts of ETW DMUC and there has already been some excellent retexturing work done for the game that could be incorporated.

Been loving the mod so far. If I can make a suggestion for new troops/reskins, take a look at this mod.

I mean, this is just magnificent...

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Architeuthis View Post
    Been loving the mod so far. If I can make a suggestion for new troops/reskins, take a look at this mod.

I mean, this is just magnificent...

I believe L'aigle is making a mod of his own and as such does not wish to hand these out but I could be wrong. Its also a massive download due to the 10+ atlas' it uses.

In terms of unit packs it would probably be best to just go with bar07 and aum along with little mods like Klesh' Howitzer A Cheval...
    Last edited by The Hedge Knight; January 04, 2012 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VENNONETES View Post
    Great mod, solid gameplay, very good AI e also very good campaign and low fps, but, please, more units! ^^

V.E.
    hmmmm... about the "more units" thing, if something held me back from completely enjoying Toon's AiO, that something was the excess of units. You couldn't even look into the production tab because of the dozens of unit cards...

please don't turn DM into that.

Great that Darth also works on Napoleon: TW!
    I registered to say only that

I waiting for it. But in my colation campain AI is very defensive for Example France, Russia and Austria not conquer new territories :/

I have uploaded a beta. Does someone try the CAI with it? I know it is defensive in 1.7.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelito View Post
    hmmmm... about the "more units" thing, if something held me back from completely enjoying Toon's AiO, that something was the excess of units. You couldn't even look into the production tab because of the dozens of unit cards...

please don't turn DM into that.
    So, it will be great make something DMUC for napoleon, with more minimods and units inside , and a "normal" DMN lighter.

V.E.

Proudly one of the 5 who won the POTW silver medal! (won it at 14 years, 10 months and 24 days on 31/03/2013 at 03.03 PM GMT +1)

OLD SIG

Hi,

This looks great! I will give it a try after I finish my current campaign of Europe in Conflict.

One thing I would mention is that I would advise against having the ship movement on the Strategic map be TOO high. If it's too high, it's impossible for anyone to avoid action and that makes the naval war far less interesting IMO.

I dont recall which mod I was playing (might have been NER?) where the smaller ships had considerably higher movement than larger SoLs. This led to a very dynamic naval feel where the frigates/brigs/sloops were raiders and while the SoLs could drive them off, the smaller craft could avoid action and escape. If you wanted to bring the smaller craft to battle, you have to have some of your own.

To me, that is the idea situation since it makes all types of ships USEFUL without the artificial need to have smaller ships able to fight SoLs.

Thanks!

Hey Darth,

First Thanks for you modding efforts, your enthusiasm for modding is contagious , Your battle physics has always been my favorite part of your mods since M2TW, melees and cavalry charges are so much better than vanilla they should be standard for all mods IMHO.

I have been playing with DMN 1.8 beta2, here the pros and cons I have seen so far in my CG.

Pros:

1. AI does goes for flanking maneuvers, even in river battles it divided it forces and crossed the river in 3 different points making and all frontal assault with flanking attacks at the edges of my line, I had to regroup a lot to counter this.
    2. Cavalry has a predilection to attack the players artillery, unless you protect it with say some squares at its sides, in that case the AI hold its cavalry and did a more coordinated attack together with the infantry. This was quite cool!
    3. CAI is recruiting elite units + lots of cavalry and artillery (maybe too much?) I have seen AI armies with up to 7 artillery units, once in battle it deploys the artillery together and make concentrated barrages, especially against infantry in squares which is quite cool again.

4. Squares are good against cavalry as it should be, I did notice a difference in their effectiveness vs cavalry depending on the timing to form it, it lasted much less and was eventually overrun if I waited to form it just before the cavalry attack.

5. The French navy is active, blocking commercial routes and sometimes blockading English ports.

6. Playing as the Batavian Republic I did suffer a naval invasion from Britain directed by the Duke of Wellington on the coast next to my capital, this happened because I left my capital almost unguarded and had to rush an army back to it from the Prussian front!

7. Trade nodes are being used by the AI.

Cons:

1. Minor nations still remain as spectators most of the time, it will be cool is some wars are fought between them.
      2. Regarding point 2 above, I think that if the player doesn't protect well its artillery then the AI send its cavalry ahead of the main infantry formations resulting in high losses for it, perhaps you could tweak that so that the AI cavalry attacks in more coordination with infantry?
      3. Batavian units are not using Fire by Rank ( was this intended?)

Visual Recommendations,

PdGuru's equipment mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=413341 looks awesome, you might consider it for DMN.

I will give more feedback later as time allows.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Cofresi; January 05, 2012 at 01:40 PM.

Two suggestions for addition to the mod....

Drum Roll and Cadence mod....http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=339182
    Napoleon Total Flags mod....http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=335380

Otherwise really enjoying the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisWorth View Post
    suggestion for addition to the mod....

Napoleon Total Flags mod....http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=335380

Otherwise really enjoying the mod.

The major nations are aggressive in 1.8 but the minors are very defensive. And also Great Britain seems to just let France raid and destroy their trade ports. They won't attack the French Navy, all they do is blockade the trade port of Batavain Republic and just wander around.

I think you should add the Napoleon Total Flags mod and PdGuru's equipment mod

Good day, i've once a couple of questions. I use the DarthMod for empire and i am also very to peace .

Now i wanted to ask, because DarthMod for Napoleon yes only 200MB in size is, whether he offers just as much as with empire?

In the main features, e.g. b nothing of new units or re-designed units, so it's going to deal, or not?

It then because darthmod with other mods compatible units offer the only new or redesigned? Or is there a list what mods are compatible?

Then I still had a question to the 40 units per battle, runs the because, as far as stable?
    An example would be with me at Empire, in a siege of forts it is unplayable because the lags will be increasingly extreme.
    And in a normal battle, can i fight against several opponents without lags, you can continue to help me, what it could be?

Thank you for your reply sometime !

Mods interestings:
    NTW3 Barebones
    Pdguru equipment mod
    Diverse artillery mod (DAM)
    ^^

V.E.

PS and Pdguru's units
    Last edited by VENNONETES; January 06, 2012 at 04:22 AM.

OLD SIG

My suggestion is to enable more building slots for minor factions, and major if necessary, because minors are extremely disadvantaged in this field.
    It would also make playing minors much more fun, in my opinion.

Played a few campaigns with 1.7. Its good, just the incorrect extra units make me kringe too much, I know I can switch them off. Shame as I love having marines, but really the British able to recruit Dutch troops anywhere? What is that about? I get it that in the 100 days campaign there was Dutch troops under the command of Wellington but thats 2 battles in 1815, suggest they are binned in the game. I would allow more marines though, 3 units is just not enough. Also too many Swiss mercenaries all over the place, unrealistic. Some units could be fixed so easy, like the French Irish Legion, switch frame and texture for Italian light infantry. Same for French Etragere units, totally wrong, they were formed out of 4 units in French service one of which was the Irish Legion (inc Isenberg and Croatian). Also far too many British Grenadier units and Highland Light infantry had stovepipe shakos with a checked band around it, not a feather bonnet, again not historical. So many historical units which fit the 1805-1813 time frame to choose from. Brunswick Oels (Jagers), Brunswick Lancers and Hussars, these could all boost the British selection in place of pointless Dutch Belgian units. As far as I can recall the French had 4 Swiss regiments (plus battalion Neufchatel, the Canaries) in service and the British one (De Walts?), perhaps this could be reflected instead of the Swiss hordes.

Campaigns play ok, no major issues, nations are a bit more defensive which seems more historical.

Seen some crazy battle AI with 40 units, but none the less the bigger battles are just pure joy.

I play on 1.8 and CAI is better. I play WB and France very often makes landing troops and sometimes attack London. Yesterday even Ottoman Empire has make landing troops ( two maybe three rounds earlier declaine me war ).

Yesterday I read about DM 7.0 for ETW and I don't play yet ( I played in most versions for ETW included first version my last version in which I played is 6.2 ) and on the occasion of the I would like to play to the same DM for NTW or even beter

Sorry for my english.

Page 1 of 34 123456789101126 ... LastLast