Thread: Changing Terrain? (and other stuff)

Default Changing Terrain? (and other stuff)

Hello,

How do i change terrain colours to the old way it was? Which files do i need to overwrite from vanilla?

Also, when units march and run, my speakers (being crap) make wierd distorted sounds, how can i change it back to the vanilla sound? (if thery ever were changed)

Lastly, i installed the sound pack but none of the music plays during campaign.

Thanks
    Last edited by ahmed5; May 20, 2006 at 04:45 PM.

Default Re: Changing Terrain? (and other stuff)

I like the map terrain. I did spot one or two occasions when there seems to be slight distortion - strobing might be the word.

i've figured out how to change the terrain but dunno about the other two. I don't think marching sounds were changed...

militiaman's Avatar GEWar TWC Alliance!

Here's a descr_sounds_music for the sound pack. It actually works better than the official one because it makes use of a couple more songs (I forgot to tell alpaca to include it instead).

Put the file in C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\chivalry\data and it should fix the music in the campaign (though as far as I was aware there is no problem).

For the marching sounds just copy the files:

descr_sounds_units_march
    descr_sounds_units_reform
    descr_sounds_units_retreat
    descr_sounds_units_run

From your normal RTW data folder into your Chivalry data folder.

Under the Patronage of Basileos Leandros I, who is under the patronage of Kscott, who is under the patronage of Lord Rahl, who is under the patronage of MadBurgerMaker, who is under the patronage of genghis khan, who is under the patronage of GodEmporer Nicholas

ty militiaman

first of all, where do i find those sound files, secondly, i was talking about the actually sounds of the marching footsteps, not the unit voices (just checking if you got it wrong)

militiaman's Avatar GEWar TWC Alliance!

Well those are the only ones that the Sound Pack changed, and .34 hasn't changed them either. Anyone else get messed up marching steps?

edit: Btw, does the music work in the campaign now?

Under the Patronage of Basileos Leandros I, who is under the patronage of Kscott, who is under the patronage of Lord Rahl, who is under the patronage of MadBurgerMaker, who is under the patronage of genghis khan, who is under the patronage of GodEmporer Nicholas

na it didnt work