Thread: Moving units and it laggs

Default Moving units and it laggs

Hi there, first of all thanks for an awsome mod! I love the historic text when you start a campaign! Much nice to read some history! :-)

And now to the sad part which makes me atm not able to play this game,
    everytime when i play any faction/any scenario/campaign i move units priests/spys/anything and the game laggs everytime they move if i dont have them walk slow which i really cant sit and watch while they do that for 5 years.

Is this a bug or is this just normal ?

Please tell me if u dont understand what i mean! :-)

Again thanks for an awsome mod! :-)

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Moving units and it laggs

i remember something like this before, so i found this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=431516

well the good and bad news at the same time is that SV said it fixed it, but in 4.0. he didn't say how.

i guess most of us including me got used to it because i doesn't bother me. maby you should do this to

Morfans's Avatar Semisalis

It only happens to me if the "trace" option is active in the CFG file - SV tracing somehow generates a huge log file (multi GB's) and slows down the whole game. Did you check that ?

Vipman's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Morfans View Post
    It only happens to me if the "trace" option is active in the CFG file - SV tracing somehow generates a huge log file (multi GB's) and slows down the whole game. Did you check that ?
    while using trace option on another mod i've had a 100-200 MB log, but to have GB (gigabytes!?) are you serious?? that would mean 100k's of lines. maby the mod has lots of things and scripts etc, but really so much? it would take forever to read and find a error , but fortunately it seems the mod has no problems

Morfans's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by vipman View Post
    while using trace option on another mod i've had a 100-200 MB log, but to have GB (gigabytes!?) are you serious??
    Yes, I am. I suspect XCAI & BBB contribute most of the log lines. Unfortunately, 3.3 has still some glitches, a few CTD's related to conflicting/inconsistent personal traits (which should be fixed in latest BBB).

The good part of it is that I found short reports ("errors" only) have generally all the info necessary for bug reports & fixes, so enabling full tracing is not needed.

-