Page 6 of 98 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: The War To End All Wars: modding progress

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

Default Re: The War To End All Wars: modding progress

new version!
    im trying to upload a new one.
    Last edited by PunitorMaximus; February 06, 2012 at 11:57 AM.

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by PunitorMaximus View Post
    info?

nearly all new models, but i discovered a ctd: dragoons dont work at all. dont use em or you will get a ctd at the loading screen. fixed this problem already but uploading lasts so long.
    some new factions too. like portugal, romania and serbia.

Cool. And this is battle only right? Alright, let me give it a try.

yeah just battle.
    watch out in the battle menu! you have to choose the enemies flag directly. i think this is because the netherlands (which are the first faction in battle menu) have no on screen name. because i didnt made a loc till now. i would need an english loc file. ive only a german one. anyone who could upload one?
    if you notice any other ctds report me! have fun and dont forget to use the blood and smoke mod!

Yeah... will do will do. As soon as i can get it to load. I somehow lost my empire script and cant load the mod.

Alright i cant even start the game, i get CTD at the very loading. Dont know why.
    Last edited by ComnenusTheOne; February 05, 2012 at 06:39 AM.

before the trailer begun?
    im gonna upload it again!

you got pfm or db editor?

you got pfm or db editor?
    I got db editor. what about it?

delete the mg entry ind the unit stats land tables( not for all factions only this who is called "mg" without a faction name)
    then go to neutral_units_stats and check if one of the three infantry types of persia is missing(assault, conscript and regular) when you found it copy any other factions unit of the same type and rename the faction name to "persia".
    now it should work.

delete the mg entry ind the unit stats land tables( not for all factions only this who is called "mg" without a faction name)
    then go to neutral_units_stats and check if one of the three infantry types of persia is missing(assault, conscript and regular) when you found it copy any other factions unit of the same type and rename the faction name to "persia".
    now it should work.
    Umm, there is no MG without a faction name.

oh ok then its the persian infantry.

It isnt. I fixed it as you said (its the regular that is missing) and still i am having ctds.

Forget it. I will let you work on it until there is a working version

ok

In the mean time, may we trouble you for an official preview?

yes im working at the central powers preview.
    which means that i will upload pictures of the units of the central forces.

yes im working at the central powers preview.
    which means that i will upload pictures of the units of the central forces.
    The central powers.... you mean the target jacks for my entente artillery right?

hmm, yes and no. i dare to say that the militaristic germans had one of the best equipped armies in the world at this time. the austrians had the qualitative best weapons, but they failed because of their low morale.
    theyre more than just targets, really able to defend and attack. otherwise they wouldnt have held their stand for 4 years. of course they began the war, but they were not more nationalistic than other states.
    i dislike the german empire too, but in all objectivity they were a hard opponent.
    maybe its just because of im one, but i think the austrians werent a weak faction. they failed in domestic politics and made themselves way too many enemies.

doubtless the british empire was tactically superior, skilled by the boer wars. but the french soldiers very completely ill-equipped. you couldve seen them miles away, because of their red hats and throusers. luckily they learned fast and changed their uniforms very quickly.

Yeah but if you recall (no you probably cant recall and neither can i but what the hell), 67% of the casualties were artillery inflicted in WW1, that was pretty much my point. Although i dont believe the French were ill-equipped. Lebel rifle wasnt some joke, and it served the French army alright. Now the uniform, well, it was the army's uniform, what did you expect? One does not simply change the uniform, just like that. If you recall "le pantalons rouges c'est la France".

With the exception of few states who had realistic scores to settle, the Great War was an ode to nationalism and propaganda. I mean, i understand the petty fights of the European kings centures ago, i understand the revolutions and i understand WW2, but... the Great War? Why did it had to happen?

the great war was that brutal and horrible because every side thought that it would be a thing of weeks or months. so they mobilised millions of men for overrunning their enemies. well, if 2 extremly huge armies with precisely and effective weapons attack each other, the conflict is going to last very long. and if the sides can hold the line somewhere and are able to order supplies its even worse, because the positions wont change.
    europe was a thinderbox at this time and it only needed a spark and........... BOOOOM. if it werent the austrians and serbians it would have been another faction who activated the alliance systems. the factions pursued an arms race many years before the great war started.and this huge amount of deadly weapons discharged in a quite short time. after decades of arming.
    another important point is that propaganda connoted the citizens that f.e. the french in chase of germany offended them and suggested them that all french hate the germans. which was the chase, because the french government acted in the same way...and because of the lost french-german war of 1870-1871(i think). they told the citizens that the opponents are all evil. before ww1, war was the job of kings and mercanaries, but as an result of propaganda billions of men were mobilised, because they thought that they had to punish their enemies for their boldness. never before so many men-in-the-street were sent to war. and death. i think im gonna include this verdict, which i invented by myself, as a loadingscreen-saying: on the battlefield they were all equal. they only difference were their uniforms.(maybe someone could tell it to me in a better, more lyrical english)

the thing whichs unbelievable to me is the incredible racist attitude of some germans before and in ww2. my ancestors heard absolutely nothing about holocaust, because they lifed in the countryside without, newspaper, telephone, nazi propaganda or any other media. they just got russian war prisoners as farm servants. they werent threatened bad and some austrians married em.
    but its true that in the cities many people were racistic. mainly because of the influence of the nazis and the hate on the superior forces after ww1. the poor yews were threatened as scapegoats in nearly every european country, but no other country should be compared to nazi germany.
    thats what makes me bewildered.

good night TWC!
    Last edited by PunitorMaximus; February 06, 2012 at 03:32 PM.