Page 5 of 98 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: The War To End All Wars: modding progress

PunitorMaximus's Avatar TWTEAW Mod Leader

Default Re: The War To End All Wars: modding progress

models finished today:
    turkish infantry(released)
    norwegian jaegers
    swedish(fixed)

therewith you can see that i have did my daily modding workload. im sorry that ive no screenshots for you, but i can promise you many of them for the next week. because im going to assign textures to the models i made during the last days. i estimate that i will make about 20 new units during the next days/weeks.

cheers
    Last edited by PunitorMaximus; January 31, 2012 at 02:09 PM.

ComnenusTheOne's Avatar Primicerius

Le PunitorMaximus is a modding machine.....let me know when you will up the screens.

ok
    i just wanted a big mod which dont takes a few years to make so i learned modding... b
    ut its nearly impossible to do all the work so fast.
    Last edited by PunitorMaximus; January 31, 2012 at 11:12 PM.

i made a few new textures and polished existing ones.
    portuguese, russian, swedish, romanian, turkish, italian and american infantry. and i started working at the mexican rebel model, which is quite complicated, because they wear an ammo belt. its very detailed, so its gonna take some time. the romanian texture must be polished again because of some bugs at the ammo bags.
    enjoy and tell me what you think!

edit: ! noticed a model bug at the turkish feet. fail...
    Last edited by PunitorMaximus; February 01, 2012 at 02:38 PM.

Also a bug in Romanian infantry.... no boots. I guess you need to check that one as well. Which infantry is the first screen? Italians? Serbians?

To be honest i dont think it will take you long to make this mod. At this rate, you can release a beta in a month. You will have it ready in less than 6 months. Thats a pretty good progress, considering other mods take years to make one unit.

first unit is late italian infantry.and the romanian infantry just had such blue thight trousers around their legs under the knees. on the feet they wore light brown shoes.
    will polish the textures and models today and make some new ones.

hope you are right

question: would you like a signature? (btw: is a signature allowed for non-hosted mods?)
    if yes should i draw one(im a quite good drawer) or should i make one out of a picture?

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by PunitorMaximus View Post
    question: would you like a signature? (btw: is a signature allowed for non-hosted mods?)
    if yes should i draw one(im a quite good drawer) or should i make one out of a picture?
    It kind of ironic that you ask that, most mods that start out dont get any real work done except new signatures, where as youve gotten a ton of real work done and are now thinking about sigs

Any mod can have sigs you just need to find someone to make them, i would suggest checking out this thread for help with making sigs or better yet have someone make them for you, theres alot of people that make sigs as a service for others

hm, yeahi think i will ask someone to make some. ill try to draw a nice picture in a free minute(=boring school subject)
    if i finished the mod before i got the sigs i will do them by myself. but first i concentrate on modding itself.

does anyone know if it is possible to make walls(like that on the fields) deployable for units? i would give them a sandbag-texture therewith the units can hide behind them.

PS: i was too lazy to upload new screens, but i can assure that i made some new units:
    mexican rebel model(the f***in ammo belt, is incredibly much work. i spent nearly 2h today with it)
    polished romanian
    made greek texture
    polished russian texture
    did lots of annoying data-basing
    angered about some strange sound bugs(replaced airgun fire with mg-sound and noticed that the airshots are mixed with mg-fire. anyone knows a solution?)

cheers

russians & romanian units

DarkPhenomenon's Avatar Laetus

You are an awesome modder, compared to some people's slow pace. I, sadly, would never have the patience and time to do absolutely everything which would need to go into such a modification. I am glad to see that this mod is making much better progress than some of the others I have been waiting on. Hope to be playing this mod soon!

russians & romanian units
    Will you do the colonial units too?

yep they are going to be placed at the western front and in britain. like the british indian corps or french zouaves.
    im working at a central powers preview

yep they are going to be placed at the western front and in britain. like the british indian corps or french zouaves.
    im working at a central powers preview
    Speaking of which, will there be some sort of AOR? Because the way i think about it, it will be weird to have the classic for example British tommies able to be trained in Prussia (in case Britain takes the region). Should there be some "regional" forces available in case you take a region, and your original units available only in your core regions?

The way i see it, Zouave regiments should only be able to be trained in French Africa, and Britain should be able to train only colonial units in British America and India.

What i also believe is that there is no need for unit limit in this mod. Since all the empires bled dry in that war, having regiments have a certain limit, would be an oxymoron.
    Last edited by ComnenusTheOne; February 04, 2012 at 07:07 AM.

yeah i think so too! i think zouaves should be avaiable in southern french and indian corps in london too, because they shipped them in from the colonies.
    it will be very difficult to take a region because there are dozens of armies which contain about 10 000 men placed in every region.
    e.g. in the belgian army were about 120 000 men, which means that in belgium will be stationed 10 entire armies.

its worth a consideration, but i think there wont be units available f.e. in germany for britain, because the whole region is destroyed and no german would have fought for the british. and vice versa. if there is a men alive....
    Last edited by PunitorMaximus; February 04, 2012 at 10:11 AM.

yeah i think so too! i think zouaves should be avaiable in southern french and indian corps in london too, because they shipped them in from the colonies.
    THATS MY POINT. They shouldnt be available in London, because you will have to ship them from India YOURSELF. When Britains 4 core regions cant produce enough soldiers for the line, you send your navy and pick up armies from India and Canada and bring them to the battlefield. Simple as that. Same for France. If you play as France, you will have to ship your African armies to Europe. That's why all colonial units should be in colonies only, and only metropolitan units should appear in ...well... metropolis. It wouldnt make sense if you already have the colonials in the metropolis.

it will be very difficult to take a region because there are dozens of armies which contain about 10 000 men placed in every region.
    e.g. in the belgian army were about 120 000 men, which means that in belgium will be stationed 10 entire armies.
    No steamrolling over the enemy i guess. Exactly how expensive will the units be, if you can have up to ten armies? Of course i like the idea of the endless status quo and no regions threatening, howevery somehow this should have an effect on your economy. AFAIK, both Germany and France were on the verge of collapse, and in Russia there was a collapse, all because of the events of the war. So maybe if you can increase somehow the "war weariness" effect, some regions should begin to rebel, or something like that. If there is heavy fighting in.... i dunno, for example the Alsace region or in Wurtemburg region for a number of turns, it should make the population weather and rebel. I dont know if its hardcoded or not thought.

its worth a consideration, but i think there wont be units available f.e. in germany for britain, because the whole region is destroyed and no german would have fought for the british. and vice versa. if there is a men alive....
    Thats pretty logical, for the time frame, although there is a chance of forced draft.... i dunno. Maybe i prefer your idea after all. Without militia and civil guards and whatever type of garrisons, your armies will become occupation forces in a captured region, thus it will be realistic, for the 4-5 years that the game will last.

i consider that the campaign should take 6 years, which means up to 1920, because maybe some factions are able to hold their stand longer.

good arguments for shipping the colonial units by yourself. but australian units will be avaiable in london, because there is no australia on the campaign map....
    but they will need 2 or 3 turns to recruit.

maybe i will ask an experienced modder if its possible to increase war-weariness.

austrian and german cavalry and spanish infantry and artillery
    enjoy

good arguments for shipping the colonial units by yourself. but australian units will be avaiable in london, because there is no australia on the campaign map....
    but they will need 2 or 3 turns to recruit.
    Thats can work too. Also it matters from which part of the world they will arrive. For France for example, the Senegalese regiments should be in Africa (again) trainable, because they would have to cross the desert, reach Algeria and then transport to Europe. Anyways, Britain and France are the only states that really have big Empires and draw soldiers from their colonies, so it doesnt matter THAT much.

true