Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug thread

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Default Bug thread

Post any ctds and other bugs you find here.

Campaign Mixup Fix

I made a mistake when I put together the beta, so the imperial_campaign doesn't work
    You can fix it by the following procedure if you want:
    - delete all content of Rome - Total War/chivalry/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign
    - copy all content from Rome - Total War/chivalry/data/world/maps/campaign/barbarian_invasion to Rome - Total War/chivalry/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign
    - open Rome - Total War/chivalry/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/descr_strat.txt and on the first line replace barbarian_invasion with imperial_campaign
    - go to Rome - Total War/chivalry/data/text and copy barbarian_invasion_regions_and_settlement_names.tx t
    - rename the copy to imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names

Rebel unit crash fixes
    The Seljuk Horse Archers cause a crash for any rebel armies that have the unit in them. Go to your descr_model_battle file in your chivalry data folder and search for the seljuk_horse_archer entry. Change it to this:

Code:
    type seljuk_horse_archer
    skeleton fs_hc_archer, fs_hc_swordsman
    indiv_range 40
    texture thrace, chivalry/data/models_unit/textures/MTW_unit_seljuk_horse_archer.tga
    texture slave, chivalry/data/models_unit/textures/MTW_unit_seljuk_horse_archer.tga
    model_flexi chivalry/data/models_unit/MTW_unit_seljuk_horse_archer.cas, 12
    model_flexi chivalry/data/models_unit/MTW_unit_seljuk_horse_archer_med.cas, 25
    model_flexi chivalry/data/models_unit/MTW_unit_seljuk_horse_archer_low.cas, 40
    model_flexi chivalry/data/models_unit/MTW_unit_seljuk_horse_archer_lowest.cas, max
    model_sprite thrace, 60.0, chivalry/data/sprites/seljuk_horse_archer_sprite.spr
    model_sprite slave, 60.0, chivalry/data/sprites/seljuk_horse_archer_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f
    The Andalusian Infantry cause a crash for any rebel armies that have the unit in them. Go to your descr_model_battle file in your chivalry data folder and search for the andalusian_infantry entry. Change it to this:

Code:
    type andalusian_infantry
    skeleton fs_spearman
    indiv_range 40
    texture macedon, chivalry/data/models_unit/textures/MTW_unit_andalusian_infantry.tga
    texture thrace, chivalry/data/models_unit/textures/MTW_unit_arab_infantry_turks.tga
    texture greek_cities, chivalry/data/models_unit/textures/MTW_unit_arab_infantry_egypt.tga
    texture slave, chivalry/data/models_unit/textures/MTW_unit_andalusian_infantry.tga
    model_flexi chivalry/data/models_unit/MTW_unit_andalusian_infantry.cas, 12
    model_flexi chivalry/data/models_unit/MTW_unit_andalusian_infantry_med.cas, 25
    model_flexi chivalry/data/models_unit/MTW_unit_andalusian_infantry_low.cas, 40
    model_flexi chivalry/data/models_unit/MTW_unit_andalusian_infantry_lowest.cas, max
    model_sprite macedon, 60.0, chivalry/data/sprites/andalusian_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite thrace, 60.0, chivalry/data/sprites/arab_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite greek_cities, 60.0, chivalry/data/sprites/arab_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_sprite slave, 60.0, chivalry/data/sprites/arab_infantry_sprite.spr
    model_tri 400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f
    Known bugs:
    - Install patch to get MP working
    - Historical battles don't work
    - Custom army button is a grey blob
    - Strat map character animations (includes sinking, erattic behaviour)
    - Campaign crashes when you accept mercs
    - Bohemia's map Castille's
    - "unlocalised placement text" with Bohemia's unique units
    - crash on battle load with slave Seljuk Horse Archers (see above)
    - settlement and region names
    - faction icons in campaign battles
    - Danish units in tech-tree
    - Andalusian Infantry causes ctd (see fix above)
    - No ships for a few factions
    - Some cities have no garrison
    - Most names are still from vanila
    - Banners in cities are from vanilla
    - No victory conditions
    - Can't recruit spies

Mentioned/Possible Bugs (please confirm):
    - crash with a Russian rebel unit (possibly Foot Boyars)
    - Teutonic units cause a ctd (please specify which one)
    - Scottish rebel unit Goirrane causes ctd
    - Sound Pack music not working in the campaign (if so download file below)
    - Rebel unit near Sicily causes ctds (which one?)

Unit Glitches:
    - A lot of knight units have messed up skins
    - Some Royal Bodyguards are messed up
    - Saxon Huscarles have brown faces
    - Hobilars have maces at a distance
    - Second lod for Themata Taxeis for Byzantines is wrong
    Last edited by DaVinci; October 03, 2006 at 10:13 AM.

Default Re: Bug thread

hello, just registered to ask about this, downloaded the mod and it said that the download is corrupt, downloading it again, hope it works this time, been waiting a bit for a good mod to come out.

cheers

Representations of armies/agents on the campaign map dissapear at the end of their movement, then reappear at the beginning of your next turn. Ships don't seem affected.

They also occasionally animate in comical ways - armies floating around etc - as if an old Roman soldier animation moves the new CTW image.

(These graphics look GREAT by the way.)

wonderful efforts on this one guys. i'm really looking forward to seeing the final product because this one has great potential. keep up the great work!

the bugs i've come across so far:

- in 1074, playing as England, after queuing up some buildings and moving an adopted member to leicster, i'm unable to open the building or unit browsers.

- hiring the northern axemen for 2000 in 1074 or 1075 causes a CTD.

i'm playing the mod on a fresh, stand-alone 1.5 installation too. either way, everything looks very promising. nice job guys.
    /* Under the Patronage of the Honorable Garbarsardar */
    Graphic Designer, Husband, & Dad

Civitate

Well with me its not working at all. I installed patch 1.3 then 1.5 then CTW, and when i click on the CTW icon it loads up but then just before the intro video it crashes, any suggestions?

@Bella, the building browser thing is a know bug for RTW, not just CTW. I get that bug with IBFD as well, keep the construction complete notice at the start of your turn, click on it and open the building browser that way.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Bella
    wonderful efforts on this one guys. i'm really looking forward to seeing the final product because this one has great potential. keep up the great work!

the bugs i've come across so far:

- in 1074, playing as England, after queuing up some buildings and moving an adopted member to leicster, i'm unable to open the building or unit browsers.

- hiring the northern axemen for 2000 in 1074 or 1075 causes a CTD.

i'm playing the mod on a fresh, stand-alone 1.5 installation too. either way, everything looks very promising. nice job guys.
    That first one happens occasionally with 1.5

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Ok, the strat map animations are known. It's because we didn't find an animator to create new ones for us, the miniatures still use the RTW anims.
    @Shaun: Hmm this is pretty strange. Can you post the target line of your chivalry shortcut?

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

just tried to download again, it seemed to have finished but it was the same story, file corrupted, getting it via internet explorer now, we'll see if this changes anything, if i get the same message i'll post what it says.

Ulf's Avatar Ordinarius

When choosing a faction pre-game, Bohemia's map is the map of Castille. Also, CTD when chose to view a settlement on the battle map. So far, very promising, I think SPQR has been demoted to my #2 spot for best mod ever
    Thank you for reading this assuredly fantastic post.

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca
    Ok, the strat map animations are known. It's because we didn't find an animator to create new ones for us, the miniatures still use the RTW anims.
    @Shaun: Hmm this is pretty strange. Can you post the target line of your chivalry shortcut?
    I copied a RTW 1.5 folder and renamed it Chivalry. The target line is C:\games\Chivalry

ok, someone help me here, keep getting the same thing, third time in a row!

the installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. ths could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus. it may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line to switch (not recommended)

any ideas?

Civitate

Downloead it again.

i just did 3 times! how many times do i have to download this? it's the same thing each time.

Civitate

Well, sounds like you are another person who will not get to play this beta, it dosent work for me either.

ok, since it's not just me, can the modders help us out?

will be appreciated.

I'm having problems starting up the mod. System processes shows that its runnig and so does xfire but I'm still at desktop with nothing coming up. I'm running BI 1.6

Miles

I had the problem with norman axemen. But it happens always. Not only on 1074-'75. And the Skins of the trees don't appear on greater distance. Do I need to change the settings on vegetation, or is that still a bug? But it looks great for the first beta! I really like it!
    Great work guys.

Ruhe in Frieden, Calvin.

Hmm I have no idea why your download is corrupted... The strange thing is that it doesn't happen for everyone but multiple times for you. Check out your pm

The vegetation problem is a bug. The axemen script too, the focus on the settlement doesn't work anymore apparently.
    @Shaun: You should install this into your RTW directory, not copy any data directory. Chivalry creates a mod folder. Then you should run the shortcut on your desktop.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

I just started up a battle in a campaign with Kiev against the rebels, and it crashed. I had some Kievan militia, foot Druzhina, axemen, and druzhina cavalry, along with a general.

And not all of the factions are able to be chosen in the small campaign main screen

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by alpaca
    @Shaun: You should install this into your RTW directory, not copy any data directory. Chivalry creates a mod folder. Then you should run the shortcut on your desktop.
    I copied the whole folder. But if i use this from my dierctory then i cant play any other mods, and i dont see how playin from a copied RTW 1.5 folder will make a difference, but your the expert.

And where can i get my hands on the Chiv sig?

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast