Thread: Shogun 2 stopped loading after installing TEd

hochmeister devin's Avatar Senator

Default Shogun 2 stopped loading after installing TEd

I just installed TEd to see what its like, but now when I go to start shogun 2 in crashes BEFORE the splash screen. I dont have any idea what could be causing this, since ive tried uninstalling my mod and I've tried deleting the map I made. So what the hells going on? This is really annoying because I was taking a break from mod development to try this, now I cant work on the mod and thats $95(60 for S2, 30 for FOTS, 5 for Ikko Ikki DLC) canadian down the drain if I cant get to work .
    My mods
    -Mod Leader for the Wheel Of Time This is not the beginning, but it is a beginning
    -Mod Leader for Shogun 2: Foreign Invasion if you want a mod with alot of units this is for you, not only is there the 40 units CA made theres planned to be atleast 177 NEW units when its done.
    -Modder in the World War I and Shogun II project. The only full scale mod for FOTS and it plays nothing like FOTS. FOTS may have Gatling guns, WW1&S2 has tekidanto samurai, SNLF, MGs, kisho snipers, assault infantry(shotguns) just to name a few.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Shogun 2 stopped loading after installing TEd

Shogun2 is whole different animal than Medieval2.

Post your dxdiag.

If you have Chrome installed, uninstall it. There is a sticky above you dealing with it.

Sorry, but whats a dxdiag and where is it located?
    My mods
    -Mod Leader for the Wheel Of Time This is not the beginning, but it is a beginning
    -Mod Leader for Shogun 2: Foreign Invasion if you want a mod with alot of units this is for you, not only is there the 40 units CA made theres planned to be atleast 177 NEW units when its done.
    -Modder in the World War I and Shogun II project. The only full scale mod for FOTS and it plays nothing like FOTS. FOTS may have Gatling guns, WW1&S2 has tekidanto samurai, SNLF, MGs, kisho snipers, assault infantry(shotguns) just to name a few.

Here it is, hopefully you can find out whats wrong. I dont want to have to buy shogun 2 again and then make a new steam account for it.
    My mods

Update your BIOS. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=494100

You may have to contact Gigabyte to get the latest one that works for the game and you won't be the first.

Whos gigabyte, are the on the forums? I feel so stupid right now...
    My mods

Gigabyte is your motherboard maker.

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/prod...?pid=3477#bios The top one. Read the instructions for install as they will be very specific.

If this does not work, this link will get you to a support page.

It says the installer isnt compatible with my version of windows (x86) so where do I find one that is?
    My mods

Contact Gigabyte support to get it. Others for your board have already had to. AMD's fault this time, not CA and Sega's.

Ok, thanks for your help.
    My mods