Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Results 121 to 138 of 138

Thread: 'Isandlwana - Thin Red Line' - A 19th century mod about the Anglo-Zulu War (CAMPAIGN PREVIEW) - Kingdoms

  1. #121
    Sir Mano's Avatar Civis
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Belguim (in flanders !!!)
    Posts
    132

    Default Re: 'Isandlwana - Thin Red Line' - A 19th century mod about the Anglo-Zulu War (CAMPAIGN PREVIEW) - Kingdoms

    Yes there will be a campaign
    thank you I really like your mod !!!!!
    Last edited by Sir Mano; August 20, 2012 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Cause I wan't it

  2. #122

    Default Re: 'Isandlwana - Thin Red Line' - A 19th century mod about the Anglo-Zulu War (CAMPAIGN PREVIEW) - Kingdoms

    How would one go about unistalling this mod? Just wondering so I could reinstall it and install it correctly this time...

  3. #123

    Default Re: 'Isandlwana - Thin Red Line' - A 19th century mod about the Anglo-Zulu War (CAMPAIGN PREVIEW) - Kingdoms

    Quote Originally Posted by IHuffwindex View Post
    How would one go about unistalling this mod? Just wondering so I could reinstall it and install it correctly this time...
    The mod comes "as is" in the zip file. So all you need to do is simply deleting the mod folder (and the short cut if you like) and you're set.

    The future campaign mod will be in a different mod folder so you wouldn't need to delete the "old" mod. Just in case that is the reason of your or somebody else question.

    Creator of Isandlwana 1879 - The Thin Red Line for M2TW (Kingdoms) & Contributor to African Conquest:Total War

  4. #124

    Default Re: 'Isandlwana - Thin Red Line' - A 19th century mod about the Anglo-Zulu War (CAMPAIGN PREVIEW) - Kingdoms

    Well see here's the problem I've never downloaded a Kingdoms mod before so I kinda merged the files with Medieval folder, so would that mean that I'd have to unistall Medieval and Kingdoms?

  5. #125

    Default Re: 'Isandlwana - Thin Red Line' - A 19th century mod about the Anglo-Zulu War (CAMPAIGN PREVIEW) - Kingdoms

    Quote Originally Posted by IHuffwindex View Post
    Well see here's the problem I've never downloaded a Kingdoms mod before so I kinda merged the files with Medieval folder, so would that mean that I'd have to unistall Medieval and Kingdoms?
    I can't think of any possibility how you could damage your m2:tw with my mod if you copy it as advised in the installation instruction. It should be just another fully self-contained modfolder in your medieval folder which you can delete as you like and as far as I know it doesn't matter that it is a kingdoms mod. (unless you don't have kingdoms, because it doesnt work without it )
    But I don't quite understand what you mean with merge. Does it mean you copied my mods data folder in the medieval data folder and overwrote files there? if you did you might indeed have to reinstall.

    Creator of Isandlwana 1879 - The Thin Red Line for M2TW (Kingdoms) & Contributor to African Conquest:Total War

  6. #126

    Default Re: 'Isandlwana - Thin Red Line' - A 19th century mod about the Anglo-Zulu War (CAMPAIGN PREVIEW) - Kingdoms

    Isandlwana,

    Just checking in; no need to draft a lengthy reply. If all is going well with the campaign, just type an a "good" or "duckie" or something short. If not, is there some research or text editing or drafting I can do?

    Other than that, I'll just add a standard "bon-courage-keep-up-the-good work-keep-calm-and-carry-on" message here.

    VR

    EoW

  7. #127

    Default Re: 'Isandlwana - Thin Red Line' - A 19th century mod about the Anglo-Zulu War (CAMPAIGN PREVIEW) - Kingdoms

    I second that notion.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

  8. #128

    Default Re: 'Isandlwana - Thin Red Line' - A 19th century mod about the Anglo-Zulu War (CAMPAIGN PREVIEW) - Kingdoms

    Great mod!

  9. #129

    Default Re: 'Isandlwana - Thin Red Line' - A 19th century mod about the Anglo-Zulu War (CAMPAIGN PREVIEW) - Kingdoms

    hello Isandlwana. I was surfing this website and found this mod of your very interesting. I downloaded it and according to your installation instruction put it in my M2TW file. However, every time I click the Thinredline.bat it tell me that it cannot find the kingdom.exe. Now I have both M2TW and Kingdom properly installed in my system, and I still after several tries cannot get it to work. Any suggestions?.

  10. #130
    Sir Mano's Avatar Civis
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Belguim (in flanders !!!)
    Posts
    132

    Default Re: 'Isandlwana - Thin Red Line' - A 19th century mod about the Anglo-Zulu War (CAMPAIGN PREVIEW) - Kingdoms

    so when will the campaign be released?




    I f you haven't clicked on one of these images, there is something wrong with you

  11. #131

    Default Re: 'Isandlwana - Thin Red Line' - A 19th century mod about the Anglo-Zulu War (CAMPAIGN PREVIEW) - Kingdoms

    A wonderful add on to battle. There is a group of us who use the Auran program "trainz 2004" to sandmap our battles. could we please use your models to recreate this and other battles? How would I open the mesh for conversion to another format please/
    Thank you for all of your hard work.
    Mike Davis

  12. #132

    Default Re: 'Isandlwana - Thin Red Line' - A 19th century mod about the Anglo-Zulu War (CAMPAIGN PREVIEW) - Kingdoms

    Hmmm... should a campaign ever be released for this, how about using the first forty seconds or so of 'Homeless' from Paul Simon's Graceland as defeat music (before the "We're homeless, homeless, et al)?

  13. #133
    nigelnire's Avatar Decanus
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland ,UK
    Posts
    564

    Default Re: 'Isandlwana - Thin Red Line' - A 19th century mod about the Anglo-Zulu War (CAMPAIGN PREVIEW) - Kingdoms

    Really hope this mod isn’t dead because its excellent , a good Isandlwana map and campaign and it would be awesome.

  14. #134

    Default Re: 'Isandlwana - Thin Red Line' - A 19th century mod about the Anglo-Zulu War (CAMPAIGN PREVIEW) - Kingdoms

    Greetings from a First time user. Well, wishful thinking so far. Question: I have age of Empires I, Age of Empires II and Age of Empires II - Conquest which I play quite often. How do I install and play this mod? I ask because I am currently helping a friend, Ron Lock, who is writing another book on this battle (his field of expertise and specialty. I think its about his 8th book on this and Rorke's Drift Battles) and am trying to follow the various troops and their movements as we go along. I am hoping to have a web site for him up and running in the next two to three months. Thanks in advance.

  15. #135
    isa0005's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia, Victoria, Melbourne
    Posts
    972

    Default Re: 'Isandlwana - Thin Red Line' - A 19th century mod about the Anglo-Zulu War (CAMPAIGN PREVIEW) - Kingdoms

    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Wright View Post
    Greetings from a First time user. Well, wishful thinking so far. Question: I have age of Empires I, Age of Empires II and Age of Empires II - Conquest which I play quite often. How do I install and play this mod? I ask because I am currently helping a friend, Ron Lock, who is writing another book on this battle (his field of expertise and specialty. I think its about his 8th book on this and Rorke's Drift Battles) and am trying to follow the various troops and their movements as we go along. I am hoping to have a web site for him up and running in the next two to three months. Thanks in advance.


    This forum has been dead for some time Arthur, as a new user I suppose you weren't to know this. I doubt somehow you'll get any decent response from anyone here, let alone the creator of the mod I certainly cannot help you out. You'll notice the last post was from Mar 17th, 2014 and the last time Isandlwana posted was July 29th, 2012. As such we can say that this thread and mod are thoroughly dead, especially given there hasn't been any activity on it up until your post. Unless proven otherwise, might I suggest to any moderators that might be watching this thread that it be locked, so as to lessen clutter on the overall forum perhaps? Also, a little, friendly tip from a longtime user, please make sure you look at who posted last on a thread and when they posted before you make a post, if it is an old thread then activity such as this is considered 'necroing' and is unappreciated on the TWC, I'm guilty of it certainly, but try to refrain from doing so in the future.
    Thanks and welcome to the TWC!
    isa0005

    "In the shadow of the Eagle"
    A Napoleonic Adventure
    AND

    A Cyberpunk Short Story
    By isa0005





  16. #136
    Frunk's Avatar Generalissimo Frunco
    Citizen Curator

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,788

    Default Re: 'Isandlwana - Thin Red Line' - A 19th century mod about the Anglo-Zulu War (CAMPAIGN PREVIEW) - Kingdoms

    Quote Originally Posted by isa0005 View Post
    might I suggest to any moderators that might be watching this thread that it be locked, so as to lessen clutter on the overall forum perhaps? Also, a little, friendly tip from a longtime user, please make sure you look at who posted last on a thread and when they posted before you make a post, if it is an old thread then activity such as this is considered 'necroing' and is unappreciated on the TWC, I'm guilty of it certainly, but try to refrain from doing so in the future.
    While it's certainly the prerogative of this site's moderators to determine moderation policy, as a former moderator of a large site, I personally question the opposition held against 'necro-bumping'. Surely it's better to resurrect an old thread than create a new one on the same topic (example: "What happened to the Isandlwana mod?" or "Is this Isandlwana mod still active?"). A necro-bump is less clutter than a new thread, and opens an old topic up to a new audience. I would go so far as to say that, just perhaps, it may even encourage the modder to resume or revisit his old work (if he, like me, subscribes to email notifications to his threads). Perhaps not in this case, but overall, I see no evil in the practice.

    Under the patronage of Iskar of the House of Siblesz. Proud patron of atthias.

  17. #137
    isa0005's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia, Victoria, Melbourne
    Posts
    972

    Default Re: 'Isandlwana - Thin Red Line' - A 19th century mod about the Anglo-Zulu War (CAMPAIGN PREVIEW) - Kingdoms

    Quote Originally Posted by Frunk View Post
    While it's certainly the prerogative of this site's moderators to determine moderation policy, as a former moderator of a large site, I personally question the opposition held against 'necro-bumping'. Surely it's better to resurrect an old thread than create a new one on the same topic (example: "What happened to the Isandlwana mod?" or "Is this Isandlwana mod still active?"). A necro-bump is less clutter than a new thread, and opens an old topic up to a new audience. I would go so far as to say that, just perhaps, it may even encourage the modder to resume or revisit his old work (if he, like me, subscribes to email notifications to his threads). Perhaps not in this case, but overall, I see no evil in the practice.
    You make a good point to be sure, but I doubt that we or anyone else commenting on this would encourage the creator come back, furthermore I imagine it would only serve to get peoples hopes up, which doesn't help. There hasn't been any activity, up until you, Arthur Wright or I posted, for three years. While yes there have been mods that have come back from even deeper developmental hellholes, I have a strong feeling that this one is very, very, very dead. Your optimism is refreshing though and I suppose one may always cross their fingers.

    "In the shadow of the Eagle"
    A Napoleonic Adventure
    AND

    A Cyberpunk Short Story
    By isa0005





  18. #138
    isa0005's Avatar Ducenarius
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Australia, Victoria, Melbourne
    Posts
    972

    Default Re: 'Isandlwana - Thin Red Line' - A 19th century mod about the Anglo-Zulu War (CAMPAIGN PREVIEW) - Kingdoms

    On another note its good to see another Melbournian on the the TWC

    "In the shadow of the Eagle"
    A Napoleonic Adventure
    AND

    A Cyberpunk Short Story
    By isa0005





Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •