Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 'Isandlwana - Thin Red Line' - A 19th century mod about the Anglo-Zulu War (CAMPAIGN PREVIEW) - Kingdoms

Default Re: 'Isandlwana - The Thin Red Line' - A 19th century battle mod (BETA released!) - M2TW Kingdoms

Quote Originally Posted by naxzul666 View Post
    Yes of course ,you can put the video in your first post.
    done and thanks again

@NekoGenijalan
    thank you, too!
    Last edited by Isandlwana; January 05, 2012 at 06:36 AM.

Creator of Isandlwana 1879 - The Thin Red Line for M2TW (Kingdoms) & Contributor to African Conquest:Total War

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Default Re: 'Isandlwana - The Thin Red Line' - A 19th century battle mod (BETA released!) - M2TW Kingdoms

Congratulations on releasing this great looking and for M2 unique Mod,+rep

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

fantastic!

+rep

Good job! + rep.

At first I thought it was a NTW/ETW mod, so hats off to the graphics you made!

Quote Originally Posted by Flash-[Bang!] View Post
    At first I thought it was a NTW/ETW mod, so hats off to the graphics you made!
    now thats quite an compliment, indeed.
    Thanks!

@The Holy Pilgrim / MorganH.
    Thanks both of you. This makes me think to try another mod.

Creator of Isandlwana 1879 - The Thin Red Line for M2TW (Kingdoms) & Contributor to African Conquest:Total War

TW_User's Avatar Libertus

Looks great. Sad that there will be no campaign
    German Medieval: 2 Total War Freak and Modder

Ghazi Warrior's Avatar Libertus

nice

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: 'Isandlwana - The Thin Red Line' - A 19th century battle mod (BETA released!)

...I just couldnt defeat the zulu,they swept over all the natives on my right and went up the hill to take out my artillery,seeing if I didnt act soon I moved all but one regiment of redcoats far away and left them there until 10 minutes later when the zulu reached my newly established lines...

This mod is far harder than reality would have been,oh and there was 5000 zulu and 1000 of my own.

Default Re: 'Isandlwana - The Thin Red Line' - A 19th century battle mod (BETA released!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezza93 View Post
    ...I just couldnt defeat the zulu
    Well, that happened to the force at Isandlwana, too. Without a laager (wagon fort) they didn't stand a chance. I have, however, managed to win some times, so it's not impossible.

This mod is far harder than reality would have been,oh and there was 5000 zulu and 1000 of my own.
    Not sure about if it's really harder but it's quite difficult to adapt the dynamics of the far bigger actual battlefield to the game battlefield. I regularly manage to kill as many Zulus in 20-30 minutes than the British killed in several hours.
    So if I give the British more firepower the relations are blown over the top, IMO. However, I may offer an alternative EDU file with reduced unit stats for the Zulu if need be.

And yeah, 5000 is the max the game allows for a faction. In reality it was about twice as much Zulus on the battlefield with thousands more who were not engaged. To play with an actual unit ratio from this day load the second pre-configured battle. I think this is really impossible to win.

@khawar ramzan
    thankyou

@TW_User
    thanks and sorry, I'd like to have a campaign, too. But if we ever get African Conquest ready the units from this mod will be in it.
    Last edited by Isandlwana; January 05, 2012 at 04:34 PM.

Jezza93's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Isandlwana View Post
    Well, that happened to the force at Isandlwana, too. Without a laager (wagon fort) they didn't stand a chance. I have, however, managed to win some times, so it's not impossible.

Not sure about if it's really harder but it's quite difficult to adapt the dynamics of the far bigger actual battlefield to the game battlefield. I regularly manage to kill as many Zulus in 20-30 minutes than the British killed in several hours.
    So if I give the British more firepower the relations are blown over the top, IMO. However, I may offer an alternative EDU file with reduced unit stats for the Zulu if need be.

And yeah, 5000 is the max the game allows for a faction. In reality it was about twice as much Zulus on the battlefield with thousands more who were not engaged. To play with an actual unit ratio from this day load the second pre-configured battle. I think this is really impossible to win.

@khawar ramzan
    thankyou

@TW_User
    thanks and sorry, I'd like to have a campaign, too. But if we ever get African Conquest ready the units from this mod will be in it.
    If Chelmsford hadnt left the column in that damned position...

with the "game is currently not available", you just simply need to make sure the game/launcher is switched off via your processors, otherwise you are still counted as playing the game

If Chelmsford hadnt left the column in that damned position...
    I guess he asked that to himself afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by MarechalSoult View Post
    with the "game is currently not available", you just simply need to make sure the game/launcher is switched off via your processors, otherwise you are still counted as playing the game
    cool, thanks ..will update your info in the first post

This does not work for me.
    It goes to the thin red line loading screen and then crashes.

Great work on the mod. Love the Victorian era. +rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fisheadthethird View Post
    This does not work for me.
    It goes to the thin red line loading screen and then crashes.
    Sorry, it doesn't work for you yet. Couple of questions to narrow down the error...

1. I assume you mean the crash happens when the loading screen at game start shows up. Right?
    2. And you probably run the game with steam?
    Because there's an issue that some steam users have reported here and with other mods. But it can be fixed somehow as the forum search will show you. I can't really investigate the matter myself since I don't have steam. Try also that MarechalSoult some posts above suggested.

If no steam issue ...
    3. Do you have Kingdoms with at least one campaign properly installed?
    4. Are the paths correct? (Likely, since the loading screen appears but I'll ask anyways just to be sure)
    5. Are you using Win7? Maybe some trouble with account settings. Try running the mod as an administrator.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by jp1747 View Post
    Great work on the mod. Love the Victorian era. +rep
    Many thanks fellow fan of the Victorian age! That era was awesome. Would love to make a mod about the Indian mutiny. (I know there's one but only for ETW or NTW ...)

P.S. Your sig shows that picture from Rorke's Drift? I didn't know Darthmod had something to do with it.

Many thanks fellow fan of the Victorian age! That era was awesome. Would love to make a mod about the Indian mutiny. (I know there's one but only for ETW or NTW ...)

P.S. Your sig shows that picture from Rorke's Drift? I didn't know Darthmod had something to do with it.
    It is awesome, indeed. The Khartum and Zulu mod stirred my interest and I read a book called "Queen Victoria's Little Wars" which made me want to play through all these Victorian conflicts. That Indian Mutiny mod is nice. I hope they continue to work on it.

My sig is a banner for the Victoria: Total War mod which was originally a sub-mod for DarthMod but is now independent I believe. It's suppose to convert Empire to the Victorian Era whenever it is completed. The only Rorke's Drift scenario I've actually played thus far is in the aforementioned Khartum and Zulu mod, which is great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1747 View Post
    It is awesome, indeed. The Khartum and Zulu mod stirred my interest and I read a book called "Queen Victoria's Little Wars" which made me want to play through all these Victorian conflicts. That Indian Mutiny mod is nice. I hope they continue to work on it.

My sig is a banner for the Victoria: Total War mod which was originally a sub-mod for DarthMod but is now independent I believe. It's suppose to convert Empire to the Victorian Era whenever it is completed. The only Rorke's Drift scenario I've actually played thus far is in the aforementioned Khartum and Zulu mod, which is great fun.
    So many cool mods out there and I can't play them. Anyways, you might want to look at the section VIII of my first post. There is some links to period books which give interesting eyewitness accounts of the time. Mostly centered around the the Anglo-Zulu War but Archive.org or Gutenberg project are great ressource for much more.

In case you or somebody else didn't know it. This is the original picture. Source: Wiki.

1. I assume you mean the crash happens when the loading screen at game start shows up. Right
    2. And you probably run the game with steam?
    Because there's an issue that some steam users have reported here and with other mods. But it can be fixed somehow as the forum search will show you. I can't really investigate the matter myself since I don't have steam. Try also that MarechalSoult some posts above suggests

Yes to both of these questions, I will search the forums.
    Thanks for the help.

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

WOW ! Just installed and played Isandlwana you have really done a great job on this mod its very impressive with all the correct units beautifully re created and lovely loading screens . Well done +Rep from me and my thanks as ill have lots of fun with this mod.
    Just a few minor things but I’m hoping you’re going to continue working on this and making it even better. The NNC did have some guns but not that many I think they had two company’s firing and the rest were armed only with spears. Would be good to have some firing NNC but limited to two companys. My artillery has about 70 men on two guns with huge setting anyway I can fix that ? The Zulus start very close as has been said it would be great to have them starting further away for that you would need someone to make a proper map of Isandlwana then this mod would be totaly incredible and realistic. Awesome work please keep going with it to make it even better.

So many cool mods out there and I can't play them. Anyways, you might want to look at the section VIII of my first post. There is some links to period books which give interesting eyewitness accounts of the time. Mostly centered around the the Anglo-Zulu War but Archive.org or Gutenberg project are great ressource for much more.
    That list was very helpful. I already downloaded "The History of the Zulu War and its Origin." You're right about archive.org, there is a lot of amazing stuff on there, and it's an especially good source if you have an e-reader.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast