Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 'Isandlwana - Thin Red Line' - A 19th century mod about the Anglo-Zulu War (CAMPAIGN PREVIEW) - Kingdoms

Default Re: 'Isandlwana - The Thin Red Line' - A 19th century battle mod on the Anglo-Zulu War (BETA v0.2 released!) - Kingdoms

very nice i like it. great work

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: 'Isandlwana - The Thin Red Line' - A 19th century battle mod on the Anglo-Zulu War (BETA v0.2 released!) - Kingdoms

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre dumas View Post
    this is a beta testing map for the historical battle

Awesome! This mod is great and an Isandlwana map will be the icing on the cake. + Rep Alexandre Dumas

Tia's Avatar Primicerius

Looks really good mate! It also gives me a reason to boot up the map editor again.
    Downloading now!

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Doctor Whooves♔ View Post
    Looks really good mate! It also gives me a reason to boot up the map editor again.
    Downloading now!
    thanks mate!
    if you'd like to make a battle map for us we won't stop you
    would be much appreciated!

cheers

Creator of Isandlwana 1879 - The Thin Red Line for M2TW (Kingdoms) & Contributor to African Conquest:Total War

1 More historical battle map testing i've done this week end,sorry if the video lag,but my graphic card can't cope with fraps,it slow down the video to the max,& i have put the video speed to x2 to get less lags,but at least, i've been finally able to remove the torch fire & have a good night effect for night battles,chariots are in too.ok here is the small video.

Last edited by alexandre dumas; February 16, 2012 at 03:31 AM.

Unbelievable! Downloading now and thnx mate!

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre dumas View Post
    1 More historical battle map testing i've done this week end,sorry if the video lag,but my graphic card can't cope with fraps,it slow down the video to the max,& i have put the video speed to x2 to get less lags,but at least, i've been finally able to remove the torch fire & have a good night effect for night battles,chariots are in too.ok here is the small video.
    Thanks again alexandre. I really like the idea of having wagons in it! Looking forward to play your historical battles.

@Borislav
    thanks mate, glad you like it

Creator of Isandlwana 1879 - The Thin Red Line for M2TW (Kingdoms) & Contributor to African Conquest:Total War

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Sorry to be a bother, but any chance of a mirror upload. Deposit Files hasn't realised I've not not downloaded anything from it in a month but still says wait 35 minutes your ip address is busy

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

video transferted
    Last edited by alexandre dumas; February 29, 2012 at 09:55 PM. Reason: transfering video to another site,link has to be change

Quote Originally Posted by gaunty14 View Post
    Sorry to be a bother, but any chance of a mirror upload. Deposit Files hasn't realised I've not not downloaded anything from it in a month but still says wait 35 minutes your ip address is busy
    Did the download work by now? Others had that problem too and it seems an well known issue with Deposit Files that doesn't last long, however. Please tell me if the problem still occurs and I will upload it somewhere.

@alexandre dumas
    looking forward to it

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

It finally seems to be working now

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

video
    Last edited by alexandre dumas; March 01, 2012 at 04:12 PM.

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

im sorry but the music just wrecks this terribly

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

I do apologise for the nit-picking of this, but the bullet at the bottom of the menu (according to the pic in the OP), is not from a Martini-Henry-it is not long enough and is the same width all the way along, whereas a boxer henry cartridge is .450 at the front and .577 at the back, see here). You may already have changed it, I don't (yet) have the mod so I cannot say for sure. It isn't that big an issue tbh.
    Last edited by Tango12345; March 17, 2012 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Tango12345♔ View Post
    I do apologise for the nit-picking of this,
    No problem I'm always glad to get any feedback. But when I made the menu image I didn't find a MH cartridge that suited my needs and I chose what I tought was a .455 Webley Mk I revolver cartridge.
    In the campaign mod this will be changed but I haven't decided as to how, yet.
    Last edited by Isandlwana; March 17, 2012 at 03:57 PM.

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

What wxactly were your "needs" here? I may be able to find something.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Tango12345♔ View Post
    What wxactly were your "needs" here? I may be able to find something.
    Thanks for the offer but you already did help me with that link in your last post. As requirements are concerned I was referring to attributes like shadows, reflections and a general impression of the cartridge.

Since I often piece images together from several parts it just looks odd when two object close to each other cast different shadows and I can only adjust and improve these features to a certain extent with image editing.

Great work guys. To be honest, M2TW environments suit this mod more than the vanilla game itself! It really does look more similar to a savannah-esque landscape than the temperate Europe.
    The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected. - G.K. CHESTERTON

This altered version of an original video, was created for 3 chinese video sites,they pay me to create the video but they choose the music,so basicly,i just create the video based on their musical choice.so now that you know the facts,please forget about complaining about the music in this video,it was not made for you, but for some paying video sites.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast