Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your empire

Default Re: Post your empire

Quote Originally Posted by lsteve
    Then I found out that forresters where archers and not skirmishers,
    and my problems fighting pikemen where over.
    Haha. Nice.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

my rebuilding of the roman empire:

the germans attacked me after i cleared the brits off mainland europe and finished the gauls, i had a massive amount of soldiers available so i literally steamrolled the german homelands and scandinavia, demolished every destroyable building within them, then abandoned them again. I suffered several defeats as my support armies (and mostly frontier garrison troops, the auxilleries)were destroyed by germanic armies made up of generals body guards :/ but i restored the situation by force of numbers.
    My empire was swollen a bit (where the large rebel area is in dacia), i abandoned the provinces in the interests of keping the roman empire accurate

I decimated the spanish a lot more easily than i killed the guals but they did put up fights. within 4 or 5 turns of killing them off i set up my armies in fleets off the african coast to prepare for war with carthage (who were good neutrals up until that point, fighting egypt) - i made an outrageous diplomatic offer (cant remember what it was, only that i put 'accept or we attack' on it), they refused, i dropped my armis off, taking 2 or 3 provinces immediately. Several auxillary armies in support were ready to take over garrisn of the newly taken cities as i moved the main armies on (sending one to gibralter, others inland near carthage, i dropped an army off from sicily on carthago itself, and another on sardinia).
    Carthage were allied with the seluecids in destroying egypt, i was also allied with the seluecids, but the seluecid empire dropped the alliance with carthage when i invaded (possibly will mean that carthage will come under attack in the east by the seluecids now)

The britons have no answer to my 4 fullstack armies (2 major ones, 2 supports made up of auxilleries), wales falls in 2 turns, my navy dominates the sea. i took scotland and demolished all buildings before abandoning again.

i breifly went to war with egypt for a land grab on cyprus (where an entire fullbanner army of heavy troops remain incase of macedonian aggression vs seluecid empire), made peace afterwards though for trade (even if egypt are only down to a couple of provinces, the minimap isnt entirely accurate as northern provinces show as egyptian but are infact carthaginian.
    --------

future plans (if the game stops crashing when i press end turn)

take all of the r/l roman provinces in west africa (possibly as far as the nile..)

ill leave the macedonians alone to do their thing, although they are looking threatening after annihilating pontus and near-destroying the scythians - they look like they will dominate the black sea, somewhere i have little or no troops, this is being remedied by recruitment. if macedon attacks the seluecids though, ill probably be quick to jump into asia minor to exploit unprotected provinces.
    Last edited by Carach; August 21, 2006 at 08:00 PM.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

lol Dacia went on horde to minor Asia..?
    and it seems like Parthia owned the same provinces throughout the game..

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

This one I posted earlier: its the beginning of my empire.

This one is the minimap after I destroyed spain and left france into rebellion to the germans.

Here is the war going on between me and Macedonia, the city changed frequently.

The army invading the south of Greece:

A couple years later they still send armies to the north while being invaded in the south by me.

After the fight I got an Heroic victory against macedon, they sieged Patavium.

At first I was thinking to let the cities I conquered rebel, I changed my mind later on.

Then fighting 25 years, an image afterwards

I almost destroyed Macedon. Notice the strength of Pontus and Armenia.
    Ten years later Armenia is not what it used to be. Internal rebellion and pontus and Baktria pushing towards them.
    Last edited by lsteve; August 22, 2006 at 10:14 AM.

Heh nice, good to see a non-roman player too.!
    Why don't you destroy those macedonian temples and build your own

Resistance is futile™

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

This one I posted earlier: its the beginning of my empire.

This one is the minimap after I destroyed spain and left france into rebellion to the germans.

Here is the war going on between me and Macedonia, the city changed frequently.

The army invading the south of Greece:

A couple years later they still send armies to the north while being invaded in the south by me.

After the fight I got an Heroic victory against macedon, they sieged Patavium.

At first I was thinking to let the cities I conquered rebel, I changed my mind later on.

Then fighting 25 years, an image afterwards

I almost destroyed Macedon. Notice the strength of Pontus and Armenia.
    Ten years later Armenia is not what it used to be. Internal rebellion and pontus and Baktria pushing towards them.
    Great report. I have always wanted to play a full German campaign, but never got around to it. Some interesting matchups there. Pontus is always big in my campaigns. Keep the reports coming! :spammer:

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Quote Originally Posted by Appius
    lol Dacia went on horde to minor Asia..?
    and it seems like Parthia owned the same provinces throughout the game..
    macedon is the empire in asia minor

parthia went down to one province, and baktria got smashed significantly by the seluecids in a war but they made peace and got all the provinces they lost back.

--
    Unfortunately i cant continue the campaign, every time i press end turn it crashes to desktop..which is a real ***** because i was having fun remaking the roman empire

downloaded 5.0 now so started a macedonian campaign instead...such a ***** that i cant continue the roman one
    Last edited by Carach; August 22, 2006 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carach
    macedon is the empire in asia minor

parthia went down to one province, and baktria got smashed significantly by the seluecids in a war but they made peace and got all the provinces they lost back.
    Ok

Quote Originally Posted by Carach
    Unfortunately i cant continue the campaign, every time i press end turn it crashes to desktop..which is a real ***** because i was having fun remaking the roman empire
    Also had some CTD's with my Roman campaign.

Resistance is futile™

My roman campaign

Edit:How do I make it show up as a big picture not just a link to imageshack?
    Last edited by AlbinoPickleX; August 24, 2006 at 01:03 PM.
    The only official spammer.

Lusted's Avatar Look to the stars

Put [IMG] in front and [/IMG] at the back of the address in the post.
    Creator of:
    Lands to Conquer Gold for Medieval II: Kingdoms
    Terrae Expugnandae Gold Open Beta for RTW 1.5
    Proud ex-Moderator and ex-Administrator of TWC from Jan 06 to June 07
    Awarded the Rank of Opifex for outstanding contributions to the TW mod community.
    Awarded the Rank of Divus for oustanding work during my times as Administrator.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Damn man, cut down on the tributes. And the army for that matter, they're eating away at your economy.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Hmmm...thats what I did Ill try again.

Last edited by AlbinoPickleX; August 24, 2006 at 01:32 PM.

Copy the thing that says "Direct Link", and then put it in between [IMG] tags

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

Well I did what lusted told me but it showed up the same again.

Bulgaroctonus,what do you mean direct link?

Well, when you host the pick on imageshack, go to the very last line. next to it should be written "direct link". Copy that line, and put it in between [IMG] tags.

Last edited by therussian; August 24, 2006 at 01:43 PM.

Well I tried the direct link and here it is

worked that time eh albino Your empire looks pretty fractured, do you concentrate on certain points of the map to take or do you just kind of, go with the flow and take whatever?

anyway, i started a macedonian campaign, much along the same lines as my roman one: To rebuild an empire (in this case - alexander's)

allied with epirus, rome, dacia, thrace, pontus, carthage, spain, germania, baktria and parthia.
    -had the inevitable war with the greeks, slaughtered them with relative ease, but lost mylitene (or whatever its called, the island off turkey), before i could retake it epirus betrayed me (and thrace sided with them), beat them off Pella which they had laid siege to, got a bit too overconfident with my military prowess after my win over the greeks, went into a fullscale battle and got near-annihilated (i had no blacksmiths for the upgrades and had outdated factions within my armies), this occured twice, at which point they laid siege to pella, and just before my other armies could make it there, they attacked and took the city (destroying an army i was building there in the process), i managed to take their army down quite a bit though, and immediately went to retake (which i did in 2 turns). I tool Scodra though, so it wasnt all bad.
    I went fullscale military mobilisation style heh, built blacksmiths all over the place and raised armies which really stretched my economy. I managed to defeat the last major army epirus had in the balkans with a reformed army, after that it was pretty easy to take their last city, Salona.

-During that time, Rome several times attempted to attack me, by blockading ports mostly, they tried making a move on scodra once, but i had forseen this and made a scratch force to take them out. They were happy to make ceasefires everytime though, i think mainly because they went to war with epirus on the italian mainland, and presently through a series of alliances with other factions that indirectly lead to me, i think they will hold their peace for the time being (although they do have a very large navy going back and forth past greece).

-As part of the victory conditions i needed to take seutopolis which was owned by thrace, took that, and byzantium (a rebel province), after taking seutopolis they accepted a ceasefire.

-After securing greece and the balkans, i took crete and moved into asia minor taking pergunum (sp?), before egypt declared war by blockading one of my ports - i had 2 fullbanner armies which i used to take halicarnassus (one guarding the bridge and one sieging) - the egyptians had at least one full banner army and a large garrison in sardis so i skirted it, but after taking hali i managed to destroy both of those armies in one battle with one of my armies, sardis was open and i took it. The army that took hali moved on to the city 'Side', which with the use of spies i assualted within a couple of turns, taking that too. That army is now preparing for invading cyprus.
    The egyptians are/were the top power in the game. I cant make any more progress in asia minor without breaking some agreements as pontus blocks me, and after them its armenia. I made war on the seluecids (who have only a mere 1/4 of their original empire now after pontus, armenia, parthia, baktria and egypt all made war upon it), their province in asia minor i took with ease.

-While dealing with epirus i signed a ceasefire with the greeks, but i hadnt forgotten about my lost province. While taking asia minor, i noticed greek armies building up on rhodes and my old island, so i decided to give the greeks an ultimatum - give me back my island or ill attack (i had 2 fullbanner armies ready on mainland greece and crete with ships ready to take them aboard to attack both islands within a turn), they refused to give me my province back, so i went to war, laying siege to both rhodes and mylitene.
    I was very suprised though when a massive fullbanner army landed on rhodes (i had no idea the army existed as it was on a greek fleet), they attacked me but i managed to smash them completely, ultimately taking rhodes. I took my old island back easily, and that was the end of the greeks in the med. (they ahve a province in the eastern black sea for some reason..so they live there now)

-Future Plans-

Asia minor: Pontus have 2 fullbanner armies near ancrya, which is my next target (taking as close to the route of alexander as i can in the game), they are neutral at present but not for long (after ive retrained my 'royal' army in greece, the war will be on)
    Cyprus: Egyptian-held, and they refuse all ceasefire offers after i took their presence away from turkey - so my army at Side will move over by boat and take the island.

I want to take as similar route as posible to alexander..so Ancrya is my next target. This plan will mean i go to war with well, all of the east heh.
    Hopefully the west wont turn on me, ill keep an army stationed in greece always, to see off threats such as thrace and the romans.

I've begun a campaign as Numidia, Hard/Hard. Decided to mod the game a little beforehand...halved the unit recruitment, upkeep and upgrade costs; made government buildings give a law bonus (increases by 5% each level); made walls give a happiness and law bonus (both increase by 5% each level); and modded the preferences.txt so that settlement names can be altered in-game.

I plan to take out Hippo Regius first, perhaps renaming it Saint Malo (though...Zeugitana would be better renamed Saint Malo...what about Honfleur instead? I'll decide when the time comes what name I'll give to my new settlement...). I'll sue for peace immediately, build up...perhaps go for more Carthaginian lands......hopefully this will be challenging. I want to face many, many legions of Romans. I want to bathe in their blood. And incidentially, that of my own soldiers (well, we can't have me just steam-rollering everyone, can we? ).
    Last edited by Kaidonni; August 26, 2006 at 05:14 PM.

Kaidonni, where did those 49k of denari come from?

Resistance is futile™

I believe you start with 70k....