Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rhun Chariots

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Default Rhun Chariots

I saw some pictures even a you tube video that shows Rhun chariots, is this for real? I want them NOW. where are they, someone help me please I really want them.

Default Re: Rhun Chariots

Historically chariots are ineffective and are never used in direct charge, they were a missile platform for nobles who avoided direct combat. In the Iliad the notables rode to the battles in chariots but dismounted and fought on foot, if things went wrong they ran to the chariot and got the hell out. their only real use was getting the nobility as far away from ignominous defeat as they could without them having to use their legs.

In the earliest era of mankinds warfare they had some effect (before horse were suitable mounts for warfare) but if they were really effective don't you think those ultra practical generals like Alexander, Caesar or Trajan would have used them. You only have to disable or scare one horse to screw up a chariot team hence the Alexandrian practice of blowing horns and pounding drums.
    Last edited by muller227; January 02, 2012 at 08:51 PM.

using chan terminology is a massive fail... irregardless people still do it. Besides this mod is not set in a real historical period

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Those chariots are nice. I hope somebody implements them via submod.

See here: Link

I think Mhaedros even posted some picturs of the working chariot in the screenshot section...

Like the title of the video says they are a part of the rc/rr submod which hasn't been updated since the 1.4 version of tatw. Iirc they were originally from another old unit adding submod but I don't remember the name anymore. In any case it wouldn't be compatible with 3.1, the chariots would need to be transferred manually. You can always play 1.4 I suppose.

They aren't very good though, the horses look very stiff like they were glued together and the animations and movement are pretty wonky. I did try playing with 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by nein View Post
    using chan terminology is a massive fail... irregardless people still do it. Besides this mod is not set in a real historical period
    Noted!! historically in this mods world the wainriders are a 1000 years in the past, and their is no mention of them anywhere in literature after that point.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

I really think charriots should be included in TATW.

TOLKIEN SAID THE EASTERLINGS USED CHARRIOTS. But not at the time of the war of the ring.

We have proper animations and all, so why not? We have spiders in the regular army and cannot have charriots?

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    I really think charriots should be included in TATW.

TOLKIEN SAID THE EASTERLINGS USED CHARRIOTS. But not at the time of the war of the ring.

We have proper animations and all, so why not? We have spiders in the regular army and cannot have charriots?
    The difference I see is that spiders are active at the end the third age, wainriders are a thing of the past. But then again so are the HE. I don't like chariots because in real life they were virtually useless, in mod life they shouldn't be much different, massive arachnids well now in real life that would scare the crap out of me, but it is just a game so in reality i could care less.
    Last edited by muller227; January 02, 2012 at 09:19 PM.

i don't know if proper animations is actually correct, the animations seems quite odd to me
    Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do...

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

there is charriots from Vailla m2TW with proper animations

If they where used in lore that even more so a unit would be great I would nice if it could ve included on a submod

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    there is charriots from Vailla m2TW with proper animations
    There is? If never seen them
    Where?

paradamed's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Benox View Post
    i don't know if proper animations is actually correct, the animations seems quite odd to me
    They look good enough for me. They could be better though.

found this link maybe an expert out there can take a go at it and make people here happy

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=213895

ryan1266's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by muller227 View Post
    Historically chariots are ineffective and are never used in direct charge
    I'd like to disagree with that, chariots were the powerhouse of the powerful Middle Eastern powers to the point when people began using ridden horses in battle en masse. A chariot charge was a devastating blow and the Egyptians used chariots for this function throughout their conquest in Palestine, though it is true that many of their chariots were light chariots for archery. In contrast, the Hittites used heavy chariots primarily for hand to hand combat. Chariots were not ruled out of warfare until in introduction of professional fighting forces (Rome/Alexander) and tight formations such as the phalanx. However, in the context of TATW, chariots would probably be less useful due to the tight formations and discipline of the men of this period.
    "Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak, Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen." Sir Winston Churchill

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Isais1 View Post
    found this link maybe an expert out there can take a go at it and make people here happy

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=213895
    Again.....Chariots are in 1.4 RC/RR, if you want them you can use 1.4 and play with them. Though they are pretty *****.

I doubt anyone will re-make them for 3.1, if not anyone re-make RC/RR.

I doubt anyone will re-make them for 3.1, if not anyone re-make RC/RR.
    I totally disagree some will just to see if they can some
    One will try and I think they will succeed

as far as i know m2tw vanilla does not has chariots
    Those who fear the darkness have never seen what the light can do...

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Isais1 View Post
    I totally disagree some will just to see if they can some
    One will try and I think they will succeed
    RC/RR is fun, but nobody will not use it due to the fact that Barons Submod has claimed superior domanince over sub-mods

And you have to consider that it is hard to script RC/RR into 3.1 and make it compatible, and not everyone wants to spend lots of time doing that.

If you can re-make it then great! If not then it probably wont come back, if it does it wont be for a while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast