Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game wont launch no matter what :/

Default Game wont launch no matter what :/

Well I've tried every thing I've seen on the forums, but my game just keeps crashing at the loading screen. No matter what. Help. I dont remember how to post error logs so if someone can help me with that.

Thanks, Doge.

Quote Originally Posted by Condottiere 40K View Post
    If you ever lived next to a volcano, the fact that you had nothing to do with your neighbour failing to properly throw in his virgin daughter to appease the local deity doesn't stop the lava from engulfing your home.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Default Re: Game wont launch no matter what :/

Quote Originally Posted by Doge Domenico View Post
    Well I've tried every thing I've seen on the forums, but my game just keeps crashing at the loading screen. No matter what. Help. I dont remember how to post error logs so if someone can help me with that.

Thanks, Doge.
    Hello Doge Domenico;firstly welcome to the TAR forum.

Have you tried the fixes and options from this thread?:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=410799 and then especially the running of TAR and Steam as administrator?

Keep us posted.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Alright with the help of Turkeys! I think we've nailed down some of these "weird" issues:

Common Issue: How to set user permissions on a game folder:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Note: The following examples were done with empire total war but it is done the same way for other TW games.

Also in the example below, 'hip63' is the user name, and 'BEAST' is the computer's name. These names will, of course, be different on your PC.

And if, at anytime, windows asks for permission to do the following steps, tell it allow the changes.

Step 1:
    To begin, browse to \Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\ then find the empire total war folder and right click it. Now click "Properties" and then the "Security" tab.

You should see something like this:

If you already see your user name (the name you log onto your computer with) listed here, you can skip to Step 3

If not procced with Step 2

Step 2:
    Click the "Edit" button. You should see something like this:

Now click the "Add" button. You should see something like this:

In the area labeled "Enter the object names to select" enter your user name (the name you log onto your computer with) like so:

Then click the "Check Names" button and you should see something like this:

Now click the "OK" button and you should see something like this:

Step 3:

Now we need to edit your permissions to the folder to give your user name full control of the empire total war folder. Make sure that option is checked for your user name.

Now click the "Apply" button and the "OK" button.

Click the "OK" button.

A REBOOT OF YOUR COMPUTER IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED AT THIS POINT!

Try reintalling and playing the mod with these changes.

If you are still having issue, please take at look at this tutorial for further troubleshooting steps for permission related issues:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=398731
    While it focuses on Medieval 2, it is applicable to all TW games.

hip63
    Last edited by hip63; October 02, 2011 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MorganH. View Post
    Hello Doge Domenico;firstly welcome to the TAR forum.

Have you tried the fixes and options from this thread?:http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=410799 and then especially the running of TAR and Steam as administrator?

Keep us posted.
    Yes, I have done everything in that announcement post. It still didnt work even after hip's fix.
    I really want to play this mod since I just watched the patriot yesterday.

Any help is appreciated,
    Doge.

If you ever lived next to a volcano, the fact that you had nothing to do with your neighbour failing to properly throw in his virgin daughter to appease the local deity doesn't stop the lava from engulfing your home.

Yes, I have done everything in that announcement post. It still didnt work even after hip's fix.
    I really want to play this mod since I just watched the patriot yesterday.

Any help is appreciated,
    Doge.
    Well if you applied all suggested fixes combined with the step by step guidance from Hips post 3,i can only further suggest you uninstall and reinstall the Mod.
    Make sure to manually remove all Mod leftovers,scripts,fxcache,saves etc,verify game,reboot,verify again and make sure that Vanilla is working correctly.Only then start installing again.

The other option is if you still want to try and make your initial installation work,is that you post us screenshots of your data and scripts folders so we can have a look at what might be wrong.

Well if you applied all suggested fixes combined with the step by step guidance from Hips post 3,i can only further suggest you uninstall and reinstall the Mod.
    Make sure to manually remove all Mod leftovers,scripts,fxcache,saves etc,verify game,reboot,verify again and make sure that Vanilla is working correctly.Only then start installing again.

The other option is if you still want to try and make your initial installation work,is that you post us screenshots of your data and scripts folders so we can have a look at what might be wrong.
    Ill do the second option first but I'll start downloading the mod again.

Tried uninstalling it, got rid of everything, still doesnt work.

Edit: I think it has something to do with the scripts as when I deleted the script folder, the game launched from the launcher, just nothing had changed.
    Last edited by Doge Domenico; October 02, 2011 at 07:53 PM.

Youll have to run the uninstaller that you were supposed to install when installing the Mod.

1. - Uninstall any old versions of TAR that you may have installed.
    2. - Insure that vanilla is working, verify ETW Files as needed

3. - Close STEAM before installing TAR 2.0 Public Beta 2
    4. - Install TAR 2.0 Public Beta 2
    5. - Install the TAR 2.0 Public Beta 2 Uninstaller Hotfix (so you can uninstall Public Beta 2 later if needed)
    6. - You are now Ready to Play!

The screens you posted above are not working.

Youll have to run the uninstaller that you were supposed to install when installing the Mod.

1. - Uninstall any old versions of TAR that you may have installed.
    2. - Insure that vanilla is working, verify ETW Files as needed

3. - Close STEAM before installing TAR 2.0 Public Beta 2
    4. - Install TAR 2.0 Public Beta 2
    5. - Install the TAR 2.0 Public Beta 2 Uninstaller Hotfix (so you can uninstall Public Beta 2 later if needed)
    6. - You are now Ready to Play!

The screens you posted above are not working.
    I did all those steps still didnt work.

I noticed that, just right click the image and open in a new tab.

I did all those steps still didnt work.

I noticed that, just right click the image and open in a new tab.

The images dont work for me.Just use this,upload as default sized and post the IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards in here so we can have a look.

Last edited by MorganH.; October 05, 2011 at 01:27 AM. Reason: spoilers added

Can you also post a screen of your Empire Data folder.

kenniston5's Avatar TAR local moderator

follow these steps works about 90% of the time and should be done when removing a mod and installing a new one(works with NTW also ):
    1. unistall TAR 2.0
    2. open up the empire data folder make sure there is no trace of any mod in there, easiest way to do this is by looking at the dates of the files.
    3. open up your appdata file\roaming\the creative assembly\scripts and delete the preferences and user script, so when you start the TAR mod it can create it's own new one
    4. open steam right click on the empire game open up properties, local files and click verify the integrity of the game cache it will repair any modified game files
    5. makesure empire runs in vanilla
    6. once you verify it runs in vanilla re-install TAR
    7. once installed don't, repeat don't change or touch any options and features and start the campaign you want

this should help and make the mod run perfect. remember the biggest problem when playing different mods and unistalling one and installing a new one, the are files that are left behind and conflict with the new ones and need to be removed.
    hope this helps out and enjoy the MOD

@Doge Domenico:At first glance i dont see anyhting wrong with your files but im at work so bear with me.

Ill scan the files later when im home,but im pretty sure youll need to do an un and reinstall and perform the actions like Kenniston described above.(plus the running of Steam/TAR as admin)

When you have a clean Empire and add the TAR Mod it will have to work!

Ill be back here later today.

to make sure your emire is well vanilla verify the inegrity of the game cache

... I hope the mod is worth the 15 hour download. Damn you steam!

... I hope the mod is worth the 15 hour download. Damn you steam!

You didnt have to reinstall Empire mate,just uninstall TAR,manually clear the vanilla files of all Mod files left overs(TAR,or others),verify integrity and you are good to go(to reinstall)

In this case make sure Vanilla ETW runs without issues before you reinstall.Keep us posted.

You didnt have to reinstall Empire mate,just uninstall TAR,manually clear the vanilla files of all Mod files left overs(TAR,or others),verify integrity and you are good to go(to reinstall)

In this case make sure Vanilla ETW runs without issues before you reinstall.Keep us posted.
    NOOOOOOOO!!!! Haha, oh well. Now there arent any files left of any mod, so it should be good. 3 more hours(put the computer to sleep last night on accident) and we'll see.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

lol!! good to see you have a sense of humour Doge! welcome to the mod mate

NOOOOOOOO!!!! Haha, oh well. Now there arent any files left of any mod, so it should be good. 3 more hours(put the computer to sleep last night on accident) and we'll see.
    Befor you reinstall TAR or any other Mod,even after un and reinstalling Empire,plse do check the datafolders for whatever Mod leftovers.
    And when,or if,you have any suspicions,dont hesitate to ask for assistance mate.Good luck.Keep us posted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast