Thread: total control of one side or the other

panzer.tc's Avatar Civis

Icon5 total control of one side or the other

Hello all,
    I am sick of useless, annoying allies.
    would/could any of the modders here alter the game files (I have no clue how to) such that, for example, France controls all of its minor allies completely (with all of the available options the French player has France itself - yet still maintain their separation/independence).
    I am sick of the Kingdom of Italy forces blocking all of the bridges I need to cross in order to attack Venice.
    Or of the Wurtemburg forces doing the same in its territory, and Holland not allowing troops to reinforce Hannover through their country because they maintain a garrison on the requisite bridges.
    On the other hand, Playing as the Austrian Emperor, I watched Kutusov wander aimlessly around then environs around Vienna and Munich (which I had already taken) while I am struggling against French forces in Alsace-Lorraine.
    Perhaps a mod that gives the player control of all the countries on one side of the conflict or the other - at least control of all military forces.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: total control of one side or the other

Sure, as soon as you convicne CA to give the source code of their game for free to the community.

You realize that this is not modable and requires modifying the game core itself?

Default Re: total control of one side or the other

I'll always suggested to CA, that When allied to a nation it should donate forces for your control. This would help solve the poor aliiance system currently employed, even if your ally moved its armys in conjuction with your own, it would provide some sort of fix, guaranteeing that if a battle ensues, you are both involved.