Thread: Volume keeps changing!

Default Volume keeps changing!

Hi everyone.

My problem is that i wanted to fix some aspects of my sound mod (the one in my sig) that i didn't like mainly some sounds that were too loud and a few i replaced; and so i did and saved it as another mod (just in case).

I tried the mod and i wasn't satisfied so i deleted it from the data folder and started reusing the one i had before but know all the correct volume sounds have completely changed!! some now sound too loud or too low. I have to rearrange their volumes all over again! why does this happens?

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Volume keeps changing!

I'm not sure it's related, by there's a table where all the sounds are listed, and where the volume of each sound can be individually altered.
    Perhaps you are using a patch/mod changing it?

My mod it's in mod.pack format, i used mod packs only, they are easier to find/view them with mod manager and can't screw up the game, for what i've read, i could be wrong thou.

Actually i didn't know there was a list with all the sounds of the game and with their respective volume. That could have saved me a lot of work, AHHhh! I always had to change the volume of each sound via audacity. That's great news!! where can i find the table with PFM? i'm pretty sure it's in the sound.pack that's kinda of obvious.

Patrician Artifex

It's in the soundpack, but it's compressed. Look in the tool subforum, search for symphony

Thanks Steph.

This is what i diid, i opened the soundpack copy (with PFM) i got in a folder i keep all the mods i have downloaded and extracted the sounds_packed directory which contains rules.bob, sound_bank_database and sound_events to the same folder. Tried to open these with symphony and a window popped up briefly i'd say for less than 2 seconds and then nothing, that was it, for each of those files.

What am i doing wrong?

Patrician Artifex

Symphony doesn't open file. It's a command line tool, you start it with a batch, it will unpack your sound files. Then in your case you'll have to edit a csv file where the volumes are defined.

See the symphony thread for explanation.