Thread: What files were modified?

Anakarsis's Avatar Biarchus

Default What files were modified?

This mod is not modfoldered right? wich ones? what problems could i have to use it with other mods?

Default Re: What files were modified?

... vas a tener problemas con algunos detalles, quizás necesarios para otros MODs, los descr_ai_formations por ejemplo, en OiM, se han modificado tanto en la carpeta bi como en la carpeta data (madre del RTW+expansiones).

No soy el experto en la materia, pero he observado que en OiM las batallas son bastante más reales que en otros modos con armas de fuego (que tampoco hay muchos: ...napoleonic, ran no jidai, y creo que ninguno más), y aún sin ser todo lo 100% hiperrealistas que pretenden muchos gamers afiebrados por el detallismo () son muy buenas (por ése motivo prefiero OiM sobre bi, no sobre otros exes.)... los archivos sobre formaciones del data madre del juego, al parecer, se creen que el juego vá sobre soldados con armas de fuego (arqueros para ser más exactos), no sobre romanos con gladius...

... el resto son algunos detalles más menores, como ser cambios de gráficos de cursor (al atacar no ves un gladius, sino una pistola, y éso se cambió dentro de la carpeta packs del data del RTW madre) y algunos pips (los de los pergaminos de campaña), y creo que no mucho más si mal no recuerdo.

OiM es totalmente factible de hacer en mod-folder, no es imposible trasladarlo y que sea jugable con otros MODs... pero creo que se vá a poner un poco más tonto en su desarrollo... como cortarle dos patitas a una hormiga y ponerla a caminar, algo así...

Quizás ninguna palabra que he dicho tenga sentido, y estoy errado de principio a fin ... pero creo que por éstas razones, OiM, necesita algunos archivos del data-madre cambiados, y cualquier otro mod no puede aceptar ésos cambios.

TRANSLATE

... going to have problems with some details, perhaps even necessary for other mods, descr_ai_formations eg, in OiM, have changed both in the BI/data folder... as data (of RTW) folder.

I am not expert in the field, but I noticed that in OiM battles are far more real than in other mods with firearms (which there are not many: ... Napoleonic Ran no jidai, and I think not any more), and yet not to be all 100 % photorealistic (how to pretend many gamers feverishly for the detail ) are very good... the data files on formations of the original game, so we can appreciate, they believe that the game is about soldiers with guns (archers more exactly), not about romans with gladius...

... the rest are some minor details, such as changes graphics cursor (by attacking not see a gladius, but a gun, and that was changed in the data folder of RTW packs the mother) and some pips (those of the scrolls campaign), and I think it not much more if I recall.

OiM is entirely feasible to do in mod-folder, it´s not impossible to move and is playable with other mods ... but I think it's going to be a little silly in their development ... like cutting off two feet, and put an ant to walk, something like that ...

Maybe none word that have sense, and is wrong from beginning to end ... but I think for these reasons that the game needs the mother-data changed, and any other MOD can not accept those changes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

... of course, the authors have the better response, .
    Last edited by Archaeopterix; January 08, 2012 at 04:40 AM.